Sign in to follow this  
dr. hladik

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124802 - (1.63 build, Steam only)

no worry, didn't get it this way! no insult here!

don't like this endless mod strings, so i simply copied this single AddOns folder from arma2 over into the arma2 OA directory, start my game out of this directory and forget all the stuff in the arma2 directory.

on the other hand, beta does not exist anymore. so i guess we can safely remove all references to expansion\beta in the mod string.

anyway, is expansion required in the mod string? i missed that! just have -mod=@dayz;@hive;CA left in there! as you see, i'm talking about my server here.

server itself seems to be working: i'm able to connect to my server as long as i use LAN connection! my server can be seen in the ingame browser under steam and internet also, but when i connect using one of this options my client connects, but gets disconnected immediately! no useful info in the server.rpt. everything looks ok there!

forwarded the ports on my router like desribed at the bottom of this page:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Arma_2:_Operation_Arrowhead_.26_Arma_3_-_STEAM_ports_configuration

firewall is off on server and client for now. a bit stuck now. need to investigate and would appreciate any help. this move to steam is driving me nuts ...

I think you have to manually define steamport and steamqueryport (see dwarden's links), forward them as well. When I removed the expansion/beta reference I started getting errors with BIS functions being undefined, you can try without the expansion/beta but it may not work. I use 2 separate -mod params, one for expansions and before that one for loading CO.

O.K. so recently bought the whole A2CO package again on steam, mainly because I wanted it on a new pc and to save trouble transferring the retail version over i.e. uninstall/reinstall.

So I have it all again on steam now on this new pc. Question is, as I have not used the series on steam or lets say loaded via steam other than A3, how do I opt into the A2CO beta's. When I go into this in steam it only offers me an option for private beta's, not sure what those are, is that the usual beta we use with the retail version (disc's).

It says 'enter access code to unlock beta'.

Steam's O.K. with A3 sort of easy, running A2CO seems different somehow, and I always play up to the latest beta on the retail version, not sure how to do this on steam for A2CO..

Any help would be appreciated.:)

If you want to opt in on the beta versions via Steam, go to your game library, right-click on the "Arma2: Operation Arrowhead" listing, select "Properties" from the drop down menu, and go to the "Betas" tab. From there look for the "Select the betas you would like to opt into:" option. From that menu select "beta -". Click Close. Run the game. All done.

If you want to opt in on the beta versions via Steam, go to your game library, right-click on the "Arma2: Operation Arrowhead" listing, select "Properties" from the drop down menu, and go to the "Betas" tab. From there look for the "Select the betas you would like to opt into:" option. From that menu select "beta -". Click Close. Run the game. All done.

Thanks @Morbid, but I have done all that, its all the same as A3, but with this new A2 install it only offers me something called 'private beta' not the usual beta as with A3. Steam also put in an obsolete beta, no idea why, but I am sorting it through the old way, i.e. without steam. But thanks for your reply anyway, much appreciated. :)