Sign in to follow this  
dr. hladik

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 124779 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

New Beta was released.

With one huge change - this beta is not part of Arma2: operation Arrowhead beta product, but is a branch of normal Arma2: operation Arrowhead.

This was needed so both beta and normal game have the same product ID.

How-to-change-Arma-branches-between-STABLE-amp-DEVELOPMENT.

Changelog:

- added steam ownership checking

- BE update

edit: you need to restart steam to see it :)

edit2: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Dedicated Server now has branch "beta" as well

Edited by Dr. Hladik

I hope that the problem introduced in/since "[104648] Fix: Initialization of backpack in vehicles in MP" filling servers and clients with empty weaponholders that are NOT deleted when/once empty, will be fixed just in time for 1.63 release. ( https://dev.withsix.com/issues/74473 )

Because of this problem all our ArmA2.ru servers and Tushino Serious Games and many others servers I know rolled back to 103718.

Here is a screenshot of the map with markers of destroyed vehicles (green crosses) that remain forever on the map once vehicles are destroyed (even if destroyed vehicles already physically cleaned/disappeared).

We didn't have this problem prior to 104648. The map was always cleaned out as it was intended (with 103718), but (since 104648) garbage remains and grows/cumulates.

http://s35-temporary-files.radikal.ru/0e2939e73b8d44c5a873846b79cc7771/-929206895.jpg (1088 kB)

Edited by Groove_C

Seperate product ID's was actually easier to work with, since you can use the steam browser protocol to install/update/verify data using seperate launchers. Can't do that with branches, so you're just making it harder for everyone.

Going to have to rewrite the launcher again to support this since you can't decide how to distribute the beta patches. (.exe self extractor worked just fine...)

Please fix the bug mentioned by Groove_C, it's been around for over 8 months now and it's a gamebreaker. Basically you broke multiplayer synchronization of "vehicle" deletion. It's very bad.

Does this beta include all the fixes (and CCP) from OA beta 112555, or just the MP lobby?

Edit:

I installed Steam A2, and it looks like this beta does include all the 112555 fixes.... Excellent! Now the OA beta product is listed as obsolete.

Edited by OMAC

You simply can attach/add games to Steam games library even if you didn't bought them on Steam. And no need to reinstall them or to delete them.

Edited by Groove_C

You simply can attach/add games to Steam games library even if you didn't bought them on Steam. And no need to reinstall them or to delete them.

Yes, but will the games added in that way receive updates and beta patches?

Yes, but will the games added in that way receive updates and beta patches?

Yes, they will.

Proof here

That's what I did as per the BI anniversary offer. You activate the game in Steam using your retail key, and then download the game.

I think one can also "attach" certain already-installed, non-Steam games to Steam without a new activation, but I'm not sure. I think it varies by game and company.