democore

Real time Browser Map

Update 28.06.2014

Today I've made a lot of changes regarding performance.

In the last version, the map was updated every 3000 ms.

I've managed to get that down to 300ms, which is pretty much realtime.

The lag in arma is now on 0.002 seconds every second. So it's unnoticeable.

This was tested with ~100 - 150 units on the server. I guess it works fine with even more.

Now I only need to figure out how to get the visual updating fast enough, to erase the lag which comes up on theese update times.

Update 01.07.2014

The server side of the Map Viewer is now a mod. So there is no longer any need to implement the map viewer into a map!

Just throw the mod on the server and load it up into the modlist.

I'm thinking about releasing the mod on armaholic soon.

I just need to fix the clicking on units and get the markers back into the new system.

There's also a bug in the current version of the map which disconnects the client from the server every 10 minutes or so.

Sounds good! :)

I've done a bit of work with Google Maps API when it was v1 and v2, not sure what version is used now though. It's great you have it as part of a mod now. I assume on that you can play any mission and as long as it's on a supported island it will display the players. Great work!

I'm actually not using the Google Maps API. I'm using Openlayers, because google Maps cannot use different maps than their own.

Yea it's way easier to implement now as a mod!

Yep, it will actually work with every map you throw at it, but if the online viewer doesn't know the map, it not of much use :D

Update 01.07.2014

The server side of the Map Viewer is now a mod. So there is no longer any need to implement the map viewer into a map!

Just throw the mod on the server and load it up into the modlist.

I'm thinking about releasing the mod on armaholic soon.

I just need to fix the clicking on units and get the markers back into the new system.

There's also a bug in the current version of the map which disconnects the client from the server every 10 minutes or so.

Fantastic news mate congratulations !

Is there any chance you would be able to make a lite version also, that just has the real time GPS ability without showing enemies and teleporting and other such abilities?

I'm sorry if I sound like a cheeky git, I really want to use your mod but my clan will never go for it while those options are there.

Yep, sure thing!

Enemies can already be turned off.

Disabling the other options wouldn't be such a big problem either. Will implement in next build! :)

Good work man! Glad to see more usage of callExtension! :D

Any news on this i am really looking forward to the GPS mode

Has this been abandoned ? I tried last night but kept getting a dll error on the arma3 server exe.

Democore, would be wonderful if you are still continuing this addon. It's such a brilliant idea if there is something specific stopping progress perhaps someone on here might be able to help?

Couldn't agree more! This is such a great tool.

I can see how this would be a boon for mission developers as well as players.

I'm sorry but I pretty much abandoned the project.

It's been a little to much problems on the javascript side of things (This is the first time I wrote javascript at all, so the code is very bad..)

There's a kind of stable version on my pc.

I'm gonna release it opensource on github so you guys can "play" with the active development branch and if anyone wants to continue development, it's possible! :)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll find time to write some code again, but that time is not now, since I'm quite busy on other projects :(

Update 27.03.2015

So, today I found time coding for this project again. I'll probably do some this weekend.

So far what I've got is alot of changes in the Javascript side of the project. This mainly results in the connection being more stable.

Also I've made an update to the server client. It would be nice to have somebody test it! :)

I'll create a skype group for this, so anyone who is remotely interested in this project can just add me in skype: halo.gamer1 (the name is 11 years old, so don't judge me :/)

Gosh, such great news! I'll have a bash at this over the weekend.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

20:10:13 Error in expression < _returned;
while{["#", _returned] call KK_fnc_inString != -1} do
{
_foundIndex >
20:10:13   Error position: <KK_fnc_inString != -1} do
{
_foundIndex >
20:10:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: kk_fnc_instring
20:10:13 File RTMS\spawnShit.sqf, line 14

Update 28.03.2015

I've concidered implementing the new Openlayer 3.4 instead of the old 2.0 for the browser side map implementation.

The problem currently is, that the new 3.4 version is built from scratch, meaning it's almost impossible to just take the old code and run with it.

I'd have to reimplement the complete drawing routines. The reason why I concider doing this at all, is the way better scrolling/zooming speed, since it caches tiles that have already been shown.

You can compare the differences:

Old version: http://justdev.de/maptest/map.html

new version: http://justdev.de/newol/map.html

I'll try to get this in but I'm not sure if that is currently possible.

I've also encountered a problem, where with high update speeds, the connection goes lost after only a few seconds.

I also want to thank Tankbuster for his help while testing the system! :)

The new version isn't working for me.

I get a couple of errors in the rtm server window

Error during "receive data from server"

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and the browser doesn't load any tiles when I zoom out. The old version working just as we had it working last night.

Please note, that the new version is just an experiment and won't work at all with the current setup. It's just to test out the speed advances.

DemoCore, have you been able to reach 10T to get more of his wonderful maps ?

I can ask him to give me some new ones. Which one are you looking for?

---------------------------------------------

#Update 29.03.2015

Worked the last 2 days almost nonstop to get the new map version up and running.

I sadly really had to rewrite the most of my code from scratch but in the end, this was a pretty good decision, since the old code wasn't that great afterall.

The new Version is way smoother than the old one.

I also did some fixing on the client side, so here is the new update!

http://justdev.de/@RTMS.rar

http://justdev.de/newol/map.html is now pretty stable. Stratis and Altis are working fine for me. Didn't test the other ones.

I can ask him to give me some new ones. Which one are you looking for?

I would start with Sahrani and Dariyah. Most maps from AiA would be nice anyway. 10T produced the most beautiful rendered Arma maps I have ever seen.

I would start with Sahrani and Dariyah. Most maps from AiA would be nice anyway. 10T produced the most beautiful rendered Arma maps I have ever seen.

Ok, I'll try to get him doing it :)

--------------------------------------------------------

#Update 2 29.03.2015

Reimplemented Markers in the current Build. They now also show their description per default without making the browser lag like horrible! :)

Screenshot

Edited by DemoCore

#Update 30.03.2015

- made a bugfix in the .exe which made units with a groupname containing a space not showing up in the map.

- Fixed some smaller issues in the browser version

#Credits: A huge thanks goes to Tankbuster and his guys for helping me find bugs and testing in general!