Sign in to follow this  
brasscakes

Controlling a chopper with the Xbox 360 pad

Is it possible to make it so the right analog stick is used to look around (replicating when you hold alt and move the mouse) ?

I can't seem to figure out how to configure it within the controls.

Anyone able to help ?

I wouldn't reccomend trying to play Arma with an Xbox controller. The controls are just to complex to fully support any kind of control pad. I use Track IR to look around in Arma, but I think some of the shortcuts are actually hardcoded and can't be changed thrue the configure menu.

You can rebind the Xbox controller in the controls menu. I wouldn't use analogue controls on the xbox controller however for flying as it wasn't very good when I tried it in TOH or IL2

I've used an xbox controller to fly helicopters for a while. worked pretty good. I'd strongly suggest you download Xpadder, makes configuration much easier.

Sounds like a great idea.

Heli controls can easily fit on an Xbox controller. Question is if you can get the analogue sticks working?

i have my controller set up so the right stick is for looking around, so to answer your question yes you can, when im next on there i will look at how i set it up for you

nobody even attepted to answer the question presented by the OP.

answer is: double tap alt

nobody even attepted to answer the question presented by the OP.

answer is: double tap alt

you could just answer without being a jerk about it, i wasnt at my pc at the time !!

It is possible! It's the only way I fly choppers and, honestly, I do a pretty good job opposed to flying them with mouse + keyboard.

Head to Controls/View:

Set Aim Up, Aim Down, and all that to the right analog stick. I use the "Back" (Select) button on the controller to toggle free look.

i have been using the wireless xbox 360 since arma 2 , when arma 3 came out they change the chooper and air plane layout , so now i am using Xppader with my xbox 360 and run smooth and always wins Dogfight because u get more accuracy with the controller keyboard suck . and track ir its pretty good , but i am playing on my 52 inch led so still in the box , just have to map your keys and voila , i can send u my xppader profile s fo arma 3 if u want ...

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png