alexboy

C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar)

OMG, i have test your C-RAM against au tank.

The C-RAM have win. It is really impressive! On the other hand, that doesn't leave a lot of luck for planes...

Lol Thank you @Drakedaeron The C-ram pretty much rules the sky ;)... have you tested the Anti-Mortar system?

Hi alexboy,

Is there a way to make the C-RAM a little more inaccurate? It doesn't have to be tweaked too much, perhaps a 2-5% error, so that there is a small chance of rounds/aircraft etc getting through.

Have you tried these on top of wanzers yet ;) ?

Have you tried these on top of wanzers yet ;) ?

First thing I did with this mod :p

But it looks a bit silly so I just swapped the wanzer primary weapon with the 35mm autocannon from the phalanx and BOOM!!

@Kremator there could be a possibility.... for making it more inaccurate... the only thing is... is that its extremely accurate due to its high rate of fire... but maybe in the future i can try this... because im trying to get the Anti-mortar working at 100% before i mess with the config (to ensure that nothing in the config is making the mortar not work)

If you guys wanna post pictures of ways you use the phalanx... be my guest... would love to see your guys imaginations haha

@Alex how about adjusting the targeting script to relay an units [Cram's] editor skill settings to alter its accuracy [https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/skill] in that way a mission designer gets a full control of mission level difficulty.

Also have u thought to replace a userconfig with a BI style module with settings that tell Cram's script what targets to engage [editor place module, configure and sync with Cram] ?

I personally would prefer them to be accurate so there is a actual challenge to approach the AOA and perform a mission.

Again just my preference mate where Kremator like it his way - clear example why a ability setting a custom settings would be awesome. If u need help on that drop me a PM.

John

I pm'd you Spartan... and thanks for the advice.. I will most likely take this into my addon... since it will as like you said give the mission maker the decision on how hard / easy the phalanx will be against enemy troops

"Lol Thank you @Drakedaeron The C-ram pretty much rules the sky ... have you tested the Anti-Mortar system?"

Yes, I have test for mortars, but I am going to try to see if he also intercepts the shells of artilleries :P

Do you plan to make Russian AK-630M2 ? Or still Kashtan CIWS? It would be brilliant to have C-RAM side OPFOR!

In any case, your Phalanx makes its work marvelously to defend an airport !

Good job !

hey,

Yes, I have test for mortars, but I am going to try to see if he also intercepts the shells of artilleries :P

Do you plan to make Russian AK-630M2 ? Or still Kashtan CIWS? It would be brilliant to have C-RAM side OPFOR!

if someone wants to make me this c-ram or has it built and wants to give me it or buy it ;) im up to making it work with this... but i am not a modeller i use my friends models... so i have 0% chance of making it

sorry but if someone else wants to im up for giving them full credit and ill implement the script to them

Yes it is perfect to using it to defend F.O.B's and airports or basically anything at all

Lol thanks... xD if anyone wants to do the modelling of this c-ram PLEASE TELL ME so i can get ready for it lol... or if anyone has some dough ;) and you wanna buy one I dont mind ahaha :P... but ya if anyone knows or finds a free one message me it would be amazing to get this into the game and have C-ram fights xDDD kidding but ya.. would be cool to have Blufor and Opfor having c-rams to defend their own bases

Hey guys im working on combining two different c-ram scripts... its a huge WIP... so possibly it may work better... but I am working with 2 other guys with c-rams aswell so may be a little surprise in the end if we get these scripts to work perfectly ;) keep your fingers crossed

I may be missing something here...but how do I get it to counter artillery? I placed them in the editor and waited a bit to make sure they initiated...and nothing.

The CRAM2 with missiles did engage air targets though.

I have the same issue. The C-RAMs fire at enemy tanks and planes (and destroy them like a boss) but do not fire on incoming mortar and artillery rounds, fired by enemy AI from enemy vehicles and static launchers (2S9 Sochor and MK6). The C-RAMs are Blufor and I placed the Sochors and MK6's as Opfor units at varying distances from the target zone and set Fire Mission waypoints for them. The arty rounds land where expected, both close and medium distance from the C-RAMs, but the C-RAMs never fire.

The version I'm using is v0.5 from the SIX manager. I also tried the version on ARMAholic. I made sure to place alex_AIS.hpp into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\alex_AIS\. I also tried putting it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\.

did you add all .pbo to an addon folder ? at_phalanx and at_phalanx_missile and alex_ais into a addon folder... and just put alex_ais.hpp into alex_ais folder in the

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\alex_AIS

I dont know if this is an issue of yours being (x86) dont know how this affects it.... also just try placing a c-ram with unit inside blufor... and a like static mortar with unit inside Opfor and you fire them as a player from the mortar to the c-ram and see if that works... possibly your scripting may not be firing the right ammo... it checks for certain ammos in the air / weapons being fired.... like if you do what is in the video (artillery fire one) it should work if still having problems post again and ill try to look into it more...

Thanks for the reply - and the awesome mod!

I did put alex_ais.hpp into that folder, except "Program Files (x86)" not "Program Files" since Steam is installed in "Program Files (x86)" in 64-bit Windows (there's no C:\Program Files\Steam in 64-bit Windows). I also tried deleting it from the userconfig folder altogether to see what would happen, and alex_ais.hpp was automatically recreated in the correct folder when I ran Arma 3 (maybe SIX does that?).

Since I installed the mod using SIX, it was automatically put into an @alex_AIS folder in my mods folder.

The ammo being fired was the stock ammo from the opfor MK6 mortar, plus each of the standard round types from the Sochor, using opfor AI and a Fire Mission waypoint. Since my last post, I also tried firing from the sochor myself as an opfor player and then teleporting using scripting to a location nearby the artillery target to see the effect. I also tried scripting a mortar with opfor AI in it to fire:

mortarA commandArtilleryFire [getposatl artytarget, "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 50]

In all cases, the rounds landed where they were targeted to, nearby the blufor C-RAMs (one of each type, with blufor AI inside) but they did not fire.

did you add all .pbo to an addon folder ? at_phalanx and at_phalanx_missile and alex_ais into a addon folder... and just put alex_ais.hpp into alex_ais folder in the

I dont know if this is an issue of yours being (x86) dont know how this affects it.... also just try placing a c-ram with unit inside blufor... and a like static mortar with unit inside Opfor and you fire them as a player from the mortar to the c-ram and see if that works... possibly your scripting may not be firing the right ammo... it checks for certain ammos in the air / weapons being fired.... like if you do what is in the video (artillery fire one) it should work if still having problems post again and ill try to look into it more...

So it still doesn't work at all? as in for anti-mortar ? if anyone else has this problem and has fixed this please help him out... ill look into this ... sorry for it not working man... im not really a good computer person :P haha... but ill take a look... so if i understand it put it into a userconfig in the arma folder not in the addon folder

hmm is there any error that comes up at all ?

Funny thing is I work with computers for a living and I haven't figured the issue out yet - lol. To be clear, the C-RAMs fire at and awesomely destroy any vehicle or infantry within their sight. But they fail to target or fire at incoming mortar and artillery rounds. As for the alex_ais.hpp file, yes it puts it into userconfig\alex_ais\ under arma's steamapps folder in program files (x86) - matching the path you gave but with (x86).

EDITED to add: No error is displayed anywhere.

First of all I would like to say this is easily one of the coolest mods I have ever seen made well done ALEX! After testing it for about 5 hours last night throwing different stuff at it, I think I have found all the bugs and or things that could use a little changing.

Bugs I found:

1. As AstuteAvian mentioned I have also not been able to get it to fire on incoming AI ordinance, only when I a player is firing the incoming ordinance.

2. I have only been able to get the indestructible C-Ram Turrets to work at all, the destructible ones do not seem to work at all regardless who is shooting at them AI or Player.

3. As someone else earlier mentioned the C-Ram spool up time is about 10 secs for max rpm for some reason, which is way to much! It should be about 1 sec for max rpm like the real one..

4. The turret moves to slowly, It should almost snap into position and start engaging its targets as quickly as possible, C-Rams are "beasts" and actually a little frightening to be around lol.

5. There seems to be a really frustrating bug where the more C-Ram turrets you use the less effective the system works. For instance if I use 2 C-Ram turrets to protect an HQ building and shoot artillery at it they intercept more then if I use 4?? The More Turrets you use the more effective the system should become and the greater success in stopping all incoming ordinance to eventually 100 percent is how it should work.

6. The C-Ram turrets can actually destroy your buildings on your base lol when they are trying to intercept incoming targets. In the RL version this is controlled by not allowing the turrets to shoot below a certain angle depending on its surrounding environment and placing them on high terrain when possible. You should allow the player to control the max angle the turret can look downward so based on where the players place it they can control how low it can shoot so it does not wipe out its own base when trying to intercept targets to protect it.

I would very much like to help you all I can, if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Edited by Livefire

First of all I would like to say this is easily one of the coolest mods I have ever seen made well done ALEX! After testing it for about 5 hours last night throwing different stuff at it, I think I have found all the bugs and or things that could use a little changing.

Bugs I found:

1. As AstuteAvian mentioned I have also not been able to get it to fire on incoming AI ordinance, only when I a player is firing the incoming ordinance.

2. I have only been able to get the indestructible C-Ram Turrets to work at all, the destructible ones do not seem to work at all regardless who is shooting at them AI or Player.

3. As someone else earlier mentioned the C-Ram spool up time is about 10 secs for max rpm for some reason, which is way to much! It should be about 1 sec for max rpm like the real one..

4. The turret moves to slowly, It should almost snap into position and start engaging its targets as quickly as possible, C-Rams are "beasts" and actually a little frightening to be around lol.

5. There seems to be a really frustrating bug where the more C-Ram turrets you use the less effective the system works. For instance if I use 2 C-Ram turrets to protect an HQ building and shoot artillery at it they intercept more then if I use 4?? The More Turrets you use the more effective the system should become and the greater success in stopping all incoming ordinance to eventually 100 percent is how it should work.

6. The C-Ram turrets can actually destroy your buildings on your base lol when they are trying to intercept incoming targets. In the RL version this is controlled by not allowing the turrets to shoot below a certain angle depending on its surrounding environment and placing them on high terrain when possible. You should allow the player to control the max angle the turret can look downward so based on where the players place it they can control how low it can shoot so it does not wipe out its own base when trying to intercept targets to protect it.

I would very much like to help you all I can, if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Thank you so much for your response @livefire most of these I know I have to fix and are a WIP... the turret turning speed (faster it is.. more inaccurate it is in game...) so trying to go through scripting version for aiming... so thats a huge WIP...

The more c-rams there are the more inaccurate they are... i have seen this... Am trying to fix this... its a scripting flaw... so if anyone is really good at scripting and would like to take a look at my script you are welcome to peek at it and see if there is anyway of fixing it (i do not give permission to really "look" only to help out... credit would be given..)

As for the angle.. I am trying to do something similar as to what you say... let the user choose. I may just restrict it at a 45 degree angle below... and if i can find out how to let the player to choose the angle.. illl add that...

as for your not being able to fire at artillery? just wondering how did you make it work to see that more there are the more inaccurate they are...

and as for the 10 seconds for it to turn on... that is being fixed too... havent found out how to fix it yet...

and if anyone knows how to fix anyof this... i accept any help ;)

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

HEY GUYS!!! I found an error that has to do with not firing against Anti-mortar... If you want anti-mortar to work... do not use destructable version... only indestructable works... i forgot to add the info for destructable to the script... people who couldnt get it to work.. can you try the indestructable version?

The more c-rams there are the more inaccurate they are... i have seen this...

After looking at the code and collaborating with livefire to test in the editor, I suspect this has to do with leaking variables - the aim calculation for one c-ram is leaking to the others and throwing them off. I don't know for sure, but I did notice a number of undeclared private variables and livefire and I noticed that the closer together the turrets are, the more accurate they are, which would support this.

just wondering how did you make it work to see that more there are the more inaccurate they are...

livefire was able to make it work sometimes under specific conditions: he had to be opfor and fire the rounds himself. Even then it works only on some game loads. I suspect that it is some sort of race condition in the loading. It also seems like the mod as distributed by SIX is incompatible with itself - whichever of the PBOs loads first works, and the rest don't, presumably because alex_running is already set to true. I did try deleting all but one of the PBOs though, and it still didn't allow them to fire on incoming shells for me.

I am an experienced software developer and have reasonable although not super good knowledge of ARMA scripting. I will continue to try to pinpoint the causes of these issues exactly.

Sorry about this man... I am not like a scripter.. i am using bakerman's script (which was allowed) and just let my mind go on it and it worked... i know for a fact that this code can be transformed into a more "scripted" manner ... just dont know how to do it since i am not a scripter... but ya... if anyone wants to figure out problems since im not like 100% good at this... im always open to help guys... hopefully ill be able to fix this with some other people i am working with as of recently to get this addon at a better handling...

Sorry about this man... I am not like a scripter.. i am using bakerman's script (which was allowed) and just let my mind go on it and it worked... i know for a fact that this code can be transformed into a more "scripted" manner ... just dont know how to do it since i am not a scripter... but ya... if anyone wants to figure out problems since im not like 100% good at this... im always open to help guys... hopefully ill be able to fix this with some other people i am working with as of recently to get this addon at a better handling...

No need to be sorry. This mod wouldn't even exist without you - thank you for creating it and putting it out here for us to enjoy! Is there a more recent version of the mod that I should be making changes on or has the structure not changed majorly since 0.5?

That should be the most up to date version that is released... only changes im doing right now is to the sound and such... dont got much time to work on it right now lol..

OK, I got a chance to look more at the code and noticed something: the mod has a dependency on the CBA mod. SIX doesn't list that as a dependency and nor does Armaholic, and I had -nologs on so I was totally unaware until I dug into the code. I know Foxhound put this mod on Armaholic... I wonder who I would contact to get the docs updated for the SIX package?

Anyway, now that I'm more familiar with this code, maybe I can tidy up some of these other issues. Thanks for your help alexboy!

Oh shoot... sorry about that I tottally forgot i had CBA as a dependency... SORRY EVERYONE ill email SIX and Foxhound to update...... i always took CBA as a somewhat "already downloaded" addon... my bad... does it work @AstutAvian with CBA ?