randomslap

[WIP] Boeing F15SE Silent Eagle

Boeing F15SE Silent Eagle

Current State:

2014-05-10_00002_zps1b4de1a1.jpg

Info

The Boeing F15SE Silent Eagle is an upgraded McDonnell Douglas F-15 with stealth features. It contains upgrades like RCS (radar-cross section) treatment, weapons bays and other fifth generation fighter technologies. Today, the F15SE Silent Eagle is still under development by Boeing, but it will be the most up to date F15. In this ArmA 3 mod, I have tried to make it as accurate as possible. I have included features like weapon bays, mounted hud on the pilot's helmet, a co-pilot seat, F110-GE-129 engine nozzels, and many more.

Armament

Option 1

Main gun

-M61

Top and bottom weapon bay

-4x AIM10C or 4x AIM-9X

Option 2

Main gun

-M61

Top weapon bay

-2x AIM120C or 2x AIM-9X

Bottom weapon bay

-4x MK82 or 4x GBU-38 or 4x GBU-12

Things to do

-Fully working instruments

-Textures to the weapon bays

-Add the service menu by John_Spartan

-Many more

Credits

randomslap

dezkit (For the model and textures)

Note

This mod will not be released until I have fixed most of the C17's bugs. I will do my best to fix the C17 but it may not be perfect.

Beautiful, slap. Would love to fly this against John Spartan's SU-35.

Will the stealth play an actual part, or is it just cosmetic?

Beautiful, slap. Would love to fly this against John Spartan's SU-35.

Will the stealth play an actual part, or is it just cosmetic?

I will try to lower the radar signatures on the plane. I will try making it stealth in game as best as I can.

Very cool aircraft. Nice to see a different variant. Good work!!

Very nice! cant wait! Quick question however either its just the camera angle or do the vertical stabilizers have not have the tilt like the F-35/F-22 like its supposed too? (Going by the boeing model here getasset.aspx?itemid=28081

Or did you go with the standard F-15's stabilizers?

Very nice! cant wait! Quick question however either its just the camera angle or do the vertical stabilizers have not have the tilt like the F-35/F-22 like its supposed too? (Going by the boeing model here http://www.flightglobal.com/assets/getasset.aspx?itemid=28081

Or did you go with the standard F-15's stabilizers?

Thank you for letting me know. I will eventually tilt the stabilizers and the rudders later.

---------- Post added at 03:36 ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 ----------

Well actually I just tilted the stabilizers like the picture you showed me.

---------- Post added at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 ----------

Differences

F15C by dezkit

2014-05-11_00002_zps8f65e540.jpg

F15SE

2014-05-11_00001_zpscb6874ba.jpg

Edited by randomslap

YES YES YES YES THANK YOU!!! I've been fouching for BI to put this aircraft in the game since the day Arma 3 was announced! THANK YOU !!!!

I will try to lower the radar signatures on the plane. I will try making it stealth in game as best as I can.

Possibly make it appear as a grey triangle instead of red for the enemy?

Possibly make it appear as a grey triangle instead of red for the enemy?

That would be a start but unidentified targets are still lockable. Perhaps it would be possible to just decrease the lock distance on the F-15SE, so that you can only lock with heat seekers within close visual range and won't be able to lock with radar at all.

I don't know if the F-15SE is as stealthy as an F-22, F-35 or an F-117, I doubt it to be honest, so perhaps when you get close enough you should be able to lock with rader guided missles aswell. I guess it a balance thing that should be considered.

Well it is still underdevelopment, but I also agree that it is not stealthy as the F22, F35, or the F117. I am sure they will increase the F15SE's stealth.

Agreed as the body in the F-15 itself isnt stealthy let alone meant to be but should be at least fairly close more or less. at least to radar

Agreed as the body in the F-15 itself isnt stealthy let alone meant to be but should be at least fairly close more or less. at least to radar

Well it doesn't make use of the same angular techniques, and lifting body cross section reduction as say the F-22 or the B2. But in theory it could make use of the same radar absorbent material used on those aircraft. Which would bring it alongside orther semi-stealth aircraft like the B1B. Except ofcourse the F-15 is much smaller to begin with so would have an smaller radar cross section than the B1. But in radar reduction-precentage wise I could see it being on the same level.

Ok so I just finished texturing the weapon bays. Now I need to do the instruments, which I do not know how to do. If anyone can find me a tutorial, that would be great.

Ok so I just finished texturing the weapon bays. Now I need to do the instruments, which I do not know how to do. If anyone can find me a tutorial, that would be great.

I think Nodunit could help you out with that.

Wow, this is cool !! Love this Jet !! :)

Looking forward to some awesome high-speed dogfightin' over takistan. (Best map for dogfighting, as you get really high frames due to the desertic nature of the desert. No trees.)

Hey randomslap, quick question. With the "hud mounted on pilots helmet", do you mean the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System as shown here:

aug_i_tt.jpg

http://www.f-16.net/forum/download/file.php?id=15520&mode=view (340 kB)

Or something else? If so, will it actually be possible to target things for instance beneath you or beside you, and "see" thrue the cockpit floor? Because as it stands, Arma 3 only allows for you to lock target within like a 30 degree field of vision in front of the airplane. John Spartan and Saul who are making the F-18 also want to implement this at some point. Maybe you guys could come up with something together?

Looking good. I'd probably prefer a standard F-15E Strike Eagle, but that's just me.

I want to point out that the rudder tails do not have a tilt in them on the F-15E.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100828140317/battlefield/images/e/e6/F-15E.JPG

Yeah that's correct, titled tailfins are one on the new features of the SE. They use the regular F-15E to test individual systems that will be integrated in the SE once completed, that's why the experimental SE doesn't have the tilted fins yet in test video's.

Here's a mock-up of what the SE is supposed to look like once finished:

http://i34.tinypic.com/1ortbk.jpg (705 kB)

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Looks very nice and promising! I think this will fit greatly in the ARMA 3 armaverse, so keep up the good work! :)

So heres some WIP pics:

2014-05-13_00001_zps0f5b8156.jpg

2014-05-11_00005_zps052e36ea.jpg

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Hey randomslap, quick question. With the "hud mounted on pilots helmet", do you mean the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System as shown here:

http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2005/august/photos/aug_i_tt.jpg

http://www.f-16.net/forum/download/file.php?id=15520&mode=view (340 kB)

Or something else? If so, will it actually be possible to target things for instance beneath you or beside you, and "see" thrue the cockpit floor? Because as it stands, Arma 3 only allows for you to lock target within like a 30 degree field of vision in front of the airplane. John Spartan and Saul who are making the F-18 also want to implement this at some point. Maybe you guys could come up with something together?

Yes, but I do not intend to have to have the pilot to have a lock system where you can lock a target anywhere.