Sign in to follow this  
SKasper

The Future of the US Army? (Needs Name)

Exactly, I mean where are the other patterns?

Not presented yet? Maybe on their birthday in June.

Knowing the past history of camo "research/development", maybe we should consider a few years for that.

Probably in the same mythical warehouse where Scorpion Desert is. If they don't want to pay the licensing for Multicam, why don't they do what the Brits have done with MTP and make a knock off with a different pattern with the same principals? I think this has more to do with reluctance to break with the old practice of issuing different patterns for different areas then real problems. I sense internal politics are afoot.

Just like UCP, except I can bear this.

Hopefully they'll have Scorpion if I go into ROTC in fall of 2015. I don't want anything to do with UCP.

If they don't want to pay the licensing for Multicam, why don't they do what the Brits have done with MTP and make a knock off with a different pattern with the same principals?

The UK did pay Crye to develop MTP as an officially licensed variant of multicam - and by all accounts we had to pay a lot of money for the right to be the sole customer of the pattern that resulted.

Evidently this is the sort of cost that the US Army is hoping to avoid, by making their own changes to multicam's progenitor: Scorpion.

So basically they just wanted Multicam, but also the rights to modify it so they made something a wee bit different and called it something else?

So basically they just wanted Multicam, but also the rights to modify it so they made something a wee bit different and called it something else?

It's still a Crye pattern, it's just an older iteration of the Multicam concept.

It's still a Crye pattern, it's just an older iteration of the Multicam concept.

So they still have to pay to modify it? Then why not just do Multicam?

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Welp, I couldn't upload the video I made with all the gear and uniform variants; I just went in with some guys from my unit and took 25 pictures... (Never ask for testers, MAJOR ANNOYANCE) Either way.. here is the FIRST OFFICIAL version of all gear and uniforms.

http://imgur.com/BuffBV0,VosMNlW,bnOXMRC,yZyKHEI,Afuvo6w,m1dP5kw,Jei3y2d,Vkymcxs,3DbCYO9,EJNFKSx,E2BJ07O,zy8NONT,R00QidP,5szoD0g,y1RJviq,Hr69P8V,Vk8LKrp,CchSRSm,UpYjE9W,rCbr2Rm,9aRmMva,JL2GaDc,z5ECGu9,4L9njIz,M9ttwIK

WARNING some variants in color may look the same, (Lighting was werid at the Stratis Airport) so don't hate me if the green camo looks black or the MAROOOOON (Not red) Beret is dark.

Want to add:

- Make Caps, and Vests (tan, green variants) look less plasticly

- Add better patches (why not?)

- cool decals on the helmets

- Maybe custom models in the future?

LeL, it really does kind of but it`s for Nato. If you are playing with them u will notice some diffrences!

Update:

If you want to stay updated, you can everday have a look at this imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/E0ohI

Edited by christian2526

So I was thinking.. Why try to port over old models of vehicles when some ArmA III vehicles have somer eally good textures to em.

Maybe making the following retextures:

- AAF MORA = M2 Bradley A4

- AAF Kuma = M4A2 Bliss

- NATO Mohawk = CH-52 Crow (I know its the Sea King, But why can't the us military use it?

- CSAT MArid = M6 Stryker A2

* along with other vehicles already in NATO, such as the blackfoot actually being used as a scout helicopter (Comanche) and the Littlebird being a bit more agile.

So I was thinking.. Why try to port over old models of vehicles when some ArmA III vehicles have somer eally good textures to em.

- AAF Kuma = M4A2 Bliss

- NATO Mohawk = CH-52 Crow (I know its the Sea King, But why can't the us military use it?

* along with other vehicles already in NATO, such as the blackfoot actually being used as a scout helicopter (Comanche) and the Littlebird being a bit more agile.

They would be fine for temporary measures, but in the long term you'd probably want to look at creating or importing your own models to add a tinge of uniqueness to the mod. With A2 sample models out and more modding resources released, modders are starting to move away from just making simple re-textures and are implementing new things into the game.

- AAF Kuma = M4A2 Bliss

The mohawk isn't a seaking it's a Merlin, the Moras a Warrior APC and the Kuma is a next gen Leopard 2, so I would say none of thrm really match the US

A lot of the stuff would be fine to import from A2. For example, we're working on the M1A3 that should be in production by 2018. Basically it's an M1A2 TUSK that's lighter and has more electronics. No new tank model or anything.

The mohawk isn't a seaking it's a Merlin, the Moras a Warrior APC and the Kuma is a next gen Leopard 2, so I would say none of thrm really match the US

I second that.

For example, we're working on the M1A3 that should be in production by 2018. Basically it's an M1A2 TUSK that's lighter and has more electronics. No new tank model or anything.

I strongly recommend to wait a bit. New M1 variant is in development, there are allready brochures made by GDLS presenting list of improvements and changes, and currently nobody knows what will be final designation for a tank, some say M1A3, other sources claims it will be M1A2SEPv3.

- AAF Kuma = M4A2 Bliss

I think if you're going to use Bohemia Stuff as a base, you should use stuff ported from Arma II and then bring it up to Arma III standard, rather than letting this become another AAF/NATO reskin mod.

I didn't mean I would reskin, It was just an Idea for the time being, we do plan to port the strkyer and other vehicles over.

I strongly recommend to wait a bit. New M1 variant is in development, there are allready brochures made by GDLS presenting list of improvements and changes, and currently nobody knows what will be final designation for a tank, some say M1A3, other sources claims it will be M1A2SEPv3.

Well, in the end a designation is something that can be changed in thirty seconds in the config. If it ends up being the M1A2SEPV3, you can change the display name really easily.

Yeah, but we do not even know how this tank will look like in the end.

GDLS offers also it's dieselization, which means slightly different hull after changing engine, we also don't know how turret will look like.

Per one of official documents, modernization will start next year, perhaps soon we will see at least prototype.