Wiki

[Campaign] Operation Aegean Spear

Hi.

Thanks for playing it.

To answer you:

Mission to advance and retreat I had to complete by running solo towards the second objective to trigger the Retreat command.

-I know, but it's because of that stupid AI that can't just run to the objective without fighting back. Couldn't find out how to tweak it. The only solution for the player is to run to the safe zone.

Wasnt able to complete the "Protect the Convoy" objective on the mission where you're returning to the airbase. Restarted twice, and it never triggered so had to skip it.

That's normal, you can't protect it. You should have had some dialogs after that, just read them and you'll know what to do :)

On the airbase mission, was killed instantly twice when the command area was hit. Apparently its intended, but killing the player outright seems kinda wrong as a design decision (if they dont flee the area)

That mission also was just too difficult in general given its you versus 2 BMK-2's full of troops + a Mi-48. Save and reloaded a dozen times it felt like.

Yes, I know. I wanted to rework this one, but ran out of time to di it. Maybe I'll do it later.

And mission after had me instructed to destroy an Ifrit, a Mi-48, and a wheeled APC... with a 6.5mm minigun on the door of a Ghosthawk. With only the default amount of ammo.

You can enable infinite ammo for the minigun on this one. I know it's quite hard, but it's doable. The only thing bothering me is the AI flying skills.

To the campaign's credit, I liked the pre-located enemy AI in buildings etc. They werent TOO common, but enough to harass the player and allies without just relying on the AI's squad AI to do the work.

I appreciate the amount of effort that went into this campaign, but I'm only 5 missions and it appears there are some very noticeable flaws. If I'm the only one who feels this way then please forgive me.

Thanks for this feedback and the kind words.

Indeed, I put a lot of work in this, and I appreciate your feedback and thanks.

For some people who subscribed to my campaign via steam workshop, it seems the game crashes when they try to play it.

Don't understand why. And I subscribed to it and I does work fine for me.

Please, can some people here try to download it via steam workshop and tell me whether it sucks for them too or not?

Thanks.

Bonjour,

I tried yesterday and today : crash.

If i download your campaign via Steam, and only via Steam (important), "Operation Aegean Spear" appears in the "Scénarios" panel

and when i selected it, the game crashs.

If i download it via ArmaHolic and do a manual installation in a "Campaigns" folder, "Operation Aegean Spear" appears in the "Campagnes" panel and works perfectly.

I suppose that it could be better to make your campaign as a addon, like "Deliverance" by Sarge Studio, it's works perfectly too.

Hope that my post is understandable and help you.

My apologies for my poor english. Bon courage.:)

That's weird, I dunno why it sucks like that...

It's strange as I made it as an addon though...

mission "taking panagia" seems all friendly units are bullet proof! I also had this issue on other mission later which you fixed them, but this one has this issue, maybe other missions too.

This campaign is quite a simple but funny one. Quite professional on level settings. Good job!

Edited by shape1205

@Shape:

thanks! glad you liked it.

@VoiceofArma:

noted, thanks for report.

hope you enjoy it anyway.

great campaign finished all missions, but in last mission I just saw a horrible scene! friendly soldiers just fall from those ghosthawks and all of them died! choppers didn't land.

Thanks for playing, glad you liked it.

And I know, there is an issue with the choppers, dunno why...

I saw that happen in another mission from a different author, so I guess this is a game bug.

playing the doorgunner and cleaning the airstrip doesn't work at all. no mods loaded. all bad guys dead. but the heli will not land. I checked it "personally" when the chopper went out of fuel and I swam on land to check on the bodies

Yes, it seemes it did work in 1.32, but no longer after the updates...

So, I can recommend you to skip the mission by pressing shift and minus (num pad) and then typing "endmission"

Did one of the latest updates also break mission 15?

I destroyed the AAA and was told to engage enemy tanks. There was just one T-100, I killed it and nothing happens after that.

Oh, and by the way, great campaign so far. I'm really enjoying it!

Can't remember : what is mission 15 please?

And thanks for playing it, glad you enjoy it!

M15

It's the one in the Wipeout where you prepare the south of Altis for the NATO landing.

Ok.

It's not broken, there are 3 of them :)

You must destroy them all.

Thanks, got it. They were a little hard to spot because they somehow didn't show up on my magic Arma radar.

Have you passed the mission now?

Ok, great!

Hope you'll enjoy the whole campaign, until the end!

Wiki, do you have plans for a future campaign, if so, have you considered using mods?

Yes, I'm considering making a new campaign, but shorter than Aegean Spear.

Dunno whether I'll use addon or not - probably will.

Glad that hear you have campaign to introduce.

Pleeeeeeeeeease Wiki, use at least RHS and F/A-18X (and maybe PAK-FA) as they´re quite standalone and great packages of awesome content to extend you creativity (RHS has a working nuclear missile WOW!!!!!)

Anxious for playing your next project!

cheers!