giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Sorry, it should work now!

Multi-side support means that you can now fight against the green side and you can play as opfor with a bit of mission.sqm editing

Instead of doing a mega link you can do releases on git hub https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases/. That way you can directly download the mission. 

Sorry, it should work now!

Multi-side support means that you can now fight against the green side and you can play as opfor with a bit of mission.sqm editing

I'm still having the issue of being unable to abort any side-missions. 

Our mod list is CBA, BC-Phoenix, RHSAFRF, RHSUSAF, Shacktac hud, Task force radio, TRYK, and ACE.

CBA is 100% up to date as are all the others.. any idea?

It's fixed by Vdauphin but not in the 1.11

https://github.com/Giallustio/HeartsAndMinds/commit/aa07b95fa7c553293527de0b8b77161659c10add

I've re-uploaded the file, can you test it please? 

Awesome! Works now.

We don't plan to abort often but sometimes things glitch out.. or we get missions zones basically in the water.

Is there anyway you could clean up the "Mission failed" markers? They might wipe upon server reboot though.. if not it might add a few markers over a full play-time, although we've only ever needed to abort 2 missions. 

They will be deleted upon restart

Awesome :) Thanks very much for the prompt responses and fixes. This has a solid spot in our play cycle. We look forward to seeing if you have any more features up your sleeve! 

Thank you very much! If you have any ideas post them. 

One of my friends was in OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom) and Hearts and Minds is the doctrine they adapted so he's offering up his thoughts and experiences.

DCG has a mission based around bases being assaulted, so perhaps you could add indirect fire to FOB locations, as that was something they actively experienced even in this type of environment.. maybe a random mission generation, or even a side mission could be "Defend FOB [name]" and you'd have to find the location of the mortars or something similar.

CAS would be nice too, artillery wasn't very active but missile strikes were common if they were taking indirect fire.. I know there are some fire mission scripts and this may be something you're not interested in but we're just offering up our ideas.

I don't want to take away from the small squad based gameplay this mission offers so indirect support is a nice idea.. 

Also, for the RHS version, the apaches helipad has a rock like almost RIGHT in the middle of it, landing quickly can be deadly lol.

Do soldiers garrison buildings by default? Liberation uses enemies in buildings and it adds more tension when a RPG could come flying off of a balcony if you're not careful.

Once again we LOVE your mission, it gives us the most authentic feeling experience so far. 

Nice! I didn't know it! Thank you!

It's also on the workshop now.

Edit
@sargken

I've taken a look at it, but it seems that i can't put in the release the pbo, but i could be wrong, i'm pretty new to this.

Edit

@sargken

I've taken a look at it, but it seems that i can't put in the release the pbo, but i could be wrong, i'm pretty new to this.

Couldn't you put the pbo in a zip and download it like that? 

Edit@sargken[/size]

I will look into this further, I know its possible because the Liberation mission dev did it this way. I will look into it tomarrow.

I was thinking to remove all the vehicles in map and make them spawnable, like the logistic stuff.

In this way RHS requirement will be removed and every one can decide how to play the mission, what do you think?

I was thinking to remove all the vehicles in map and make them spawnable, like the logistic stuff.

In this way RHS requirement will be removed and every one can decide how to play the mission, what do you think?

I'd very much like this especially if you could add the logistics stuff to FOBS.. I know we can use the logistics system and transport but sometimes when we have a small squad it becomes tedious and being able to put a few HMMV's would be nice.

Some limit would be cool.. not sure how you could do it but it's not as big of a deal if we can just spawn in a new vehicle every time. 

Perhaps move the main base location? I fear this could cause you to do too much work but a bigger area with more room to customize vehicles and locations would compliment this.

What you could do is see if they have RHS enabled and take the positions of spawns for vehicles and spawn the RHS vehicles there if its not then execute a diff sqf that spawns vanilla. Or have a Zeus user give the ability to spawn things.

@giallustio What i found out was when your on create release page you will see a button called "Add Binaries here by dropping them or select", What you need to do is pbo the mission on your desktop and once you have done that either drag it there or select. Then just create your Release Notes and what not and there you have it. Hope this helps. If you have any questions just send them my way or you can add me on steam if its important. 

Hello,

I'm happy with your update.

How it's possible to change advanced medic option ? Like preventh death, who use medical kit, where is ability to use kit.

I'have read the script into the mission and i dont have find.

If anyone wants a clafghan version PM me, i'm not gonna push this one on github, it will be a mess to support every single map