giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Which scripts were used?

On 4/5/2017 at 6:27 AM, Deenver said:

Which scripts were used?

Scripts for what issue?

Diesel

Where are the files located on the server after saving, and can i edit them?

4 minutes ago, the m said:

Where are the files located on the server after saving, and can i edit them?

Hello,

As allways this depend on your server... the file name is something like : Vdauphin.vars.Arma3Profile

8 minutes ago, the m said:

can i edit them

Don't know :)

See you

Hey Vdauphin, can you explain how to move the position of the camera in the mission opening scene, if possible?

Edited by kman_(kya)
Articulate question

1 minute ago, kman_(kya) said:

Hey Vdauphin, can you explain how to move the position of the camera in the mission opening scene, if possible?

Hello,

sure, the camera is opening by this function : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/common/intro.sqf

The camera rotate around the marker "btc_base". If you movde this marker you will change the center of rotation.

Byebye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

sure, the camera is opening by this function : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/common/intro.sqf

The camera rotate around the marker "btc_base". If you movde this marker you will change the center of rotation.

Byebye.

Thanks Vdauphin!!  I was able to change the camera positions, and I fixed some of the other markers too.  Awesome support for this mission!

Hey Vdauphin - I would like to add Icebreakr's ARL Lingor Rebels as an enemy faction (east).  I have the classnames for the ARL Lingor Rebels:

ibr_arl_soldier_lite

ibr_arl_general

ibr_arl_soldier_rifleman

ibr_arl_soldier_ee

ibr_arl_soldier_gl

ibr_arl_soldier_ar

ibr_arl_soldier_mg

ibr_arl_soldier_medic

ibr_arl_soldier_officer

ibr_arl_soldier_courier

ibr_arl_soldier_sl

ibr_arl_soldier_at

ibr_arl_soldier_aa

ibr_arl_soldier_crew

ibr_arl_soldier_sniper

ibr_arl_soldier_assaulter

ibr_arl_soldier_pilot

I've looked at https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/6:-All-H&M-setting-and-tweak , and I've read through the entire =BTC= H&M forums and I still don't quite understand how to add an enemy faction.  What code would I add for: "case (_p_en == 0) : {"?  Would this be able to be setup in the mission parameters at the start so you could just choose the ARL Lingor Rebels?

case (_p_en == 0) : {

btc_hq = btc_hq_red;

btc_enemy_side = east;

btc_type_units =["ibr_arl_soldier_lite,"ibr_arl_general","ibr_arl_soldier_rifleman","ibr_arl_soldier_ee","ibr_arl_soldier_gl","ibr_arl_soldier_ar","ibr_arl_soldier_mg","ibr_arl_soldier_medic","ibr_arl_soldier_officer","ibr_arl_soldier_courier","ibr_arl_soldier_sl","ibr_arl_soldier_at","ibr_arl_soldier_aa","ibr_arl_soldier_sniper","ibr_arl_soldier_assaulter","ibr_arl_soldier_pilot"];

btc_type_crewmen = "ibr_arl_soldier_crew";

btc_type_vehicles = ["I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","arl_kamaz","arl_kamaz_covered"];

btc_type_motorized = ["I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","arl_kamaz","arl_kamaz_covered"];

btc_type_mg = ["O_HMG_01_F","O_HMG_01_high_F"];

btc_type_gl = ["O_GMG_01_F","O_GMG_01_high_F"];

Lastly,  I think I added the ARL units correctly (above)?

As always, your help is appreciated and the mission is awesome!!

Edited by kman_(kya)
Better articulate question

29 minutes ago, kman_(kya) said:

Hey Vdauphin - I would like to add Icebreakr's ARL Lingor Rebels as an enemy faction (east).  I have the classnames for the ARL Lingor Rebels:

ibr_arl_soldier_lite

ibr_arl_general

ibr_arl_soldier_rifleman

ibr_arl_soldier_ee

ibr_arl_soldier_gl

ibr_arl_soldier_ar

ibr_arl_soldier_mg

ibr_arl_soldier_medic

ibr_arl_soldier_officer

ibr_arl_soldier_courier

ibr_arl_soldier_sl

ibr_arl_soldier_at

ibr_arl_soldier_aa

ibr_arl_soldier_crew

ibr_arl_soldier_sniper

ibr_arl_soldier_assaulter

ibr_arl_soldier_pilot

I've looked at https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/6:-All-H&M-setting-and-tweak , and I've read through the entire =BTC= H&M forums and I still don't quite understand how to add an enemy faction.  What code would I add for: "case (_p_en == 0) : {"?  Would this be able to be setup in the mission parameters at the start so you could just choose the ARL Lingor Rebels?

case (_p_en == 0) : {

btc_hq = btc_hq_red;

btc_enemy_side = east;

btc_type_units =["ibr_arl_soldier_lite,"ibr_arl_general","ibr_arl_soldier_rifleman","ibr_arl_soldier_ee","ibr_arl_soldier_gl","ibr_arl_soldier_ar","ibr_arl_soldier_mg","ibr_arl_soldier_medic","ibr_arl_soldier_officer","ibr_arl_soldier_courier","ibr_arl_soldier_sl","ibr_arl_soldier_at","ibr_arl_soldier_aa","ibr_arl_soldier_sniper","ibr_arl_soldier_assaulter","ibr_arl_soldier_pilot"];

btc_type_crewmen = "ibr_arl_soldier_crew";

btc_type_vehicles = ["I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","arl_kamaz","arl_kamaz_covered"];

btc_type_motorized = ["I_G_Offroad_01_F","I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","arl_kamaz","arl_kamaz_covered"];

btc_type_mg = ["O_HMG_01_F","O_HMG_01_high_F"];

btc_type_gl = ["O_GMG_01_F","O_GMG_01_high_F"];

Lastly,  I think I added the ARL units correctly (above)?

As always, your help is appreciated and the mission is awesome!!

Hello,

this line will allow you to add a new faction in the mission parameter :

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L44

So you are going to add an 11 in values array ( values[]={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}; ) and the name of your faction in texts  array.

Next add the faction with class name just after this line : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L620

What you already did is good but "case (_p_en == 0)" is "case (_p_en == 11)"

Byeybye

• Like 1

Hey Vdauphin - before I go and try to add new units (as per my post above), I need help fixing some errors. I've followed this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/1:-Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds to change the map to Lingor, and I've placed all of the units, markers, modules, etc. into a new FoB.  Unfortunately, when I launch into MP to test the mission, I get these two errors:

and

Can you tell/help me with what is causing these two errors?

8 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

Hey Vdauphin - before I go and try to add new units (as per my post above), I need help fixing some errors. I've followed this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/1:-Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds to change the map to Lingor, and I've placed all of the units, markers, modules, etc. into a new FoB.  Unfortunately, when I launch into MP to test the mission, I get these two errors:

and

Can you tell/help me with what is causing these two errors?

Hello,

I don't really know. You did something wrong somewhere. A rtp could help.

See you soon!

Speaking of changing Maps..is their a size limit for Maps..such as if I was to port this to a smaller CUP Map like Everon or Malden? Didnt know if it has to be a certain size or if the areas automatically factor in the size of the Map.

Diesel

1 minute ago, DieselJC said:

Speaking of changing Maps..is their a size limit for Maps..such as if I was to port this to a smaller CUP Map like Everon or Malden? Didnt know if it has to be a certain size or if the areas automatically factor in the size of the Map.

Diesel

Hello,

There are no map up or down limit in size.

You just need a map with location configured with types (such as for exemple "NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital","NameLocal","Hill","Airport" ).

Byebye.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2017 at 0:57 PM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

There are no map up or down limit in size.

You just need a map with location configured with types (such as for exemple "NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital","NameLocal","Hill","Airport" ).

Byebye.

What about adding in custom locations..for instance on Everon there are areas with buildings but no city name..I see a define_mod.sqf with this in it

btc_custom_loc = [
//EXAMPLE: [[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174],"NameVillage","Mountain 1",800,800,true]
];

question is are those numbers a grid location or thelocation of the marker?

If I have an area with buildings but no city name and I name it "city1" how would I go about setting the size of the activated marker? I see some markers are bigger than others when you preview it in the editor..i would want a huge marker on s small island.

Any help would be great..thanks!

Diesel

13 minutes ago, DieselJC said:

What about adding in custom locations..for instance on Everon there are areas with buildings but no city name..I see a define_mod.sqf with this in it

btc_custom_loc = [
//EXAMPLE: [[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174],"NameVillage","Mountain 1",800,800,true]
];

question is are those numbers a grid location or thelocation of the marker?

If I have an area with buildings but no city name and I name it "city1" how would I go about setting the size of the activated marker? I see some markers are bigger than others when you preview it in the editor..i would want a huge marker on s small island.

Any help would be great..thanks!

Diesel

Hello, never used :/, this function creates new location : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/create.sqf

[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174] should be position where you want to define a new location: get from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPos command.

"NameVillage" type of city https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Location#Location_Types

"Mountain 1" name of the city choose what you want.

800,800 size of your city (an additionnal distance will be add by the H&M to optain the final activation size)

true : if has enemy.

Good luck

Ok so the define_mod.sqf is the right place to add in custom locations..i got 1 location to work correctly but the minute I add another one it gives me an error missing a semi-colon.

I have this in the define_mod.sqf and it works fine for Sainte Eligous but I want to add another couple in.

btc_custom_loc = [
[[11181.1,11456.1,0.00135803],"NameVillage","Sainte Eligous Island",300,300,true]
];

How would I seperate the  locations? I tried with a comma and also just a space between them but no luck.

Always have issues with scripting like this...lol

Diesel

Got the add location to work using the define_mod.sqf

Ended up with this in the script and works perfectly!

btc_custom_loc = [
[[11181.1,11456.1,0.00135803],"NameVillage","Sainte Eligous Island",300,300,true],
[[1142.08,11500.8,0.00144196],"NameCity","Olde Castle Island",300,300,true],
[[11738.3,2057.82,0.00135803],"NameCity","Olde Chapel",300,300,true],
[[2899.93,1970.15,0.00143814],"NameCity","Sainte John Monastery",300,300,true],
[[3428.06,4417.5,0.00144958],"NameVillage","Le Mounte",300,300,true],
[[2360.62,6834.96,0.000904083],"NameCity","Camp Woode",300,300,true],
[[10874.5,8657.82,0.00170898],"NameVillage","Camp Elle",300,300,true],
[[8774.2,3882.18,0.00126648],"Hill","Mt. Elise",300,300,true]
];

I appreciate the reply Vdauphin!

Diesel

• Like 1

How could I merge roles together like Combat Life Saver and Interpreter to make them one class?

13 hours ago, Tim Durning said:

How could I merge roles together like Combat Life Saver and Interpreter to make them one class?

I may be wrong but i would try going into the editor, and changing the rifleman that the interpreter is to a CLS. that should do it.

16 hours ago, Tim Durning said:

If you are using ACE just go into each player and check off the ACE Options for "regular medic".

Diesel

18 hours ago, Tim Durning said:

1 hour ago, DieselJC said:

If you are using ACE just go into each player and check off the ACE Options for "regular medic".

Diesel

Hello, or add in the init field of your unit, the init field of the interpreter:

this setVariable ["interpreter",true]

I hope you find all solutions usefull!

byebye!

• Like 1

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.3 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm/Param.hpp unchanged.

- FIX: Defuse IED don't give reputation to player.
- FIX: Traffic is removed when the vehicle is hit by a rabbit.
- FIX: Error appear in function btc_fnc_mil_send for headless client.

Bye!!

@Vdauphin

I understand you have certain settings of Ace3 Medical set to allow side missions to work, like healing civs. I would like to modify other aspects of Ace3 medical to fit our unit's playstyle. Would it be possible to disable the Ace3 medical settings in the mission without breaking the side missions? If so, if it isn't too much work, is it as simple as commenting out a few calls to functions or would it require editing that would be too much trouble? I would like to use modules to set these settings, including enabling AI unconsciousness to keep the side mission working.

Hello,

55 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

modify other aspects of Ace3 medical to fit our unit's playstyle

Do you want to switch to ACE3 advenced medical?

55 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

disable the Ace3 medical settings

Do you mean remove ACE3 medical ?

See you soon.

27 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Do you want to switch to ACE3 advenced medical?

Do you mean remove ACE3 medical ?

See you soon.

We have it set to ACE3 Advanced Medical in parameters and even set that as the default when mission starts, but we want to use a custom ACE3 setup where we don't have to PAK people to revive them. However, the modules don't seem to work and I barely know anything about scripting yet lol.

So, essentially, wondering if if we can disable ACE3 completely in the mission and we can just use modules for settings?