giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Helicopter crashes in deep water.

Is there anyway to get it out?

I was able to change the defaul parameters, all the persistence is working, and the number of enemy groups is adjusted. 

But i have another question. How can i adjust the amount of enemies inside buildings? I noticed there are a few in some of the buildings, but i want a higher threat level when i enter a town. 

If i can adjust that, this would be a perfect map

1 minute ago, the m said:

I was able to change the defaul parameters, all the persistence is working, and the number of enemy groups is adjusted. 

But i have another question. How can i adjust the amount of enemies inside buildings? I noticed there are a few in some of the buildings, but i want a higher threat level when i enter a town. 

If i can adjust that, this would be a perfect map

Happy to see you again!

add after this line : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L71

for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),0.2] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

The parameter 0.2 define the behavior "In house" for the function. 3 is the number of enemy inside a house. You can twick it has you like.

See you soon.

for me the line looks llike this

for "_i" from 1 to (_groups) do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),(random 1)] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

so if i want a higher ratio of ai to enter buildings i change the (random 1)?

I played around a bit and i think i made a mistake my line looked like this 

for "_i" from 1 to (_groups) do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),0.5] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

and now i couldn't see anyone in a building

2 hours ago, the m said:

for me the line looks llike this

for "_i" from 1 to (_groups) do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),(random 1)] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

so if i want a higher ratio of ai to enter buildings i change the (random 1)?

I played around a bit and i think i made a mistake my line looked like this 

for "_i" from 1 to (_groups) do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),0.5] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

and now i couldn't see anyone in a building

Add after this line : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L71

This NEW line:

for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),0.2] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;};

The parameter 0.2 define the behavior "In house" for the function. 3 is the number of enemy inside a house. You can twick it has you like.

Ok thanks i'll try it. 

I noticed  today that a hostage we saved, exploded as soon as i used the free hostage action. 

One of my teammates shot the hostage so i think he was not happy, but to explode is a bit much :D

Just wondering what I am doing wrong, but running the latest version of hearts and minds, but the cache mission doesnt clear and the crate is empty.  Not sure what to do, cant really progress much.

@Vdauphin  We had a suicide bomber run right into our base and blow up a bunch of stuff. Are we supposed to build defenses to prevent this sort of thing? We are playing on Tanoa and it's a tricky location for base building.

Is the ai (enemies and civilians) spawning reliant on players being BLUFOR? Will they not spawn at all if the player in the area has his group set to CIVILIAN?

16 hours ago, the m said:

Ok thanks i'll try it. 

I noticed  today that a hostage we saved, exploded as soon as i used the free hostage action. 

One of my teammates shot the hostage so i think he was not happy, but to explode is a bit much :D

Watch out. Enemy create trap!!

7 hours ago, zafjr said:

Is the ai (enemies and civilians) spawning reliant on players being BLUFOR? Will they not spawn at all if the player in the area has his group set to CIVILIAN?

they not spawn at all if the player side is different from BLUFOR.

You can change player side here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L483

12 hours ago, montgomery said:

@Vdauphin  We had a suicide bomber run right into our base and blow up a bunch of stuff. Are we supposed to build defenses to prevent this sort of thing? We are playing on Tanoa and it's a tricky location for base building.

Yes you can or try to get reputation to avoid this.

You can  also https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/2:-Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base

12 hours ago, physbo said:

Just wondering what I am doing wrong, but running the latest version of hearts and minds, but the cache mission doesnt clear and the crate is empty.  Not sure what to do, cant really progress much.

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/doc.sqf#L106

Destroy the ammo box!

Ammo caches...

"They have also ammo caches in various locations, destroy them to weaken its power"

Can you elaborate some on how it weakens them?

Thanks

Eric

Non-Destroyed Vehicles left outside of the base area

Got out of my vehicle to defuse a suspected IED and a suicide bomber ran up on me and killed me and set off the IED.  My vehicle was quite a ways away from the IED so I know it was not destroyed.  It was late so I decided to do a save and log off for the night.  When I logged back in tonight and had a squad mate drive me over to where I left the vehivle it was not there.

Should non destroyed vehicle locations be saved?

Thanks

Eric

2 hours ago, eric963 said:

Non-Destroyed Vehicles left outside of the base area

Got out of my vehicle to defuse a suspected IED and a suicide bomber ran up on me and killed me and set off the IED.  My vehicle was quite a ways away from the IED so I know it was not destroyed.  It was late so I decided to do a save and log off for the night.  When I logged back in tonight and had a squad mate drive me over to where I left the vehivle it was not there.

Should non destroyed vehicle locations be saved?

Thanks

Eric

On 09/03/2017 at 1:15 AM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just everything!!

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/db/save.sqf

time,each AI in each city, city liberate or not, each IED position and status,hideout destroy or not,cache position, FOB, vehicles position status inventory, object status position inventory and more!!

Also create a specific save depending on map. So you can play on altis then go on takistan and come back on altis without data lost.

Byebye!

Ok I'll test it again just to see if I have something strange happening on my server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, eric963 said:

Ammo caches...

"They have also ammo caches in various locations, destroy them to weaken its power"

Can you elaborate some on how it weakens them?

Thanks

Eric

You get reputation but I can't elaborate more.

What edits would I need to make to scale down the number of enemy combatants? There's usually only 4 or 5 players on the server at any given time and having to fight off 30+ insurgents can be a little overwhelming.

2 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

What edits would I need to make to scale down the number of enemy combatants? There's usually only 4 or 5 players on the server at any given time and having to fight off 30+ insurgents can be a little overwhelming.

Hello,

You can simply decrease the number of hideout. Also do not hesitate to use logistic to get static mortar etc

Check this for more info: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/9:-Enemy-spawn

Bye bye

@Vdauphin So last time we discussed the stamina issue and I was finally able to get around to trying it and for some reason that's not taking the stamina away. Is there something else I need to disable or something else I can try?

29 minutes ago, Pourteeus said:

@Vdauphin So last time we discussed the stamina issue and I was finally able to get around to trying it and for some reason that's not taking the stamina away. Is there something else I need to disable or something else I can try?

As far as I remember ACE has an Advanced fatigue system.

• Like 1