Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Fixed wing weapon systems messed up!

Hi!

I've been playing the fixed wing showcase, and as a mission, I really, really enjoy it. However, anything but direct fire is simply useless. I can't get a lock on vehicles that are even right in front of me, it's allmost impossible to target anything. In order to get a lock on the helicopter in the begginning of the mission, I must be within 300 meters in order to do so. When flying over 500 km/h it's kind of hard to do.

I can't recall this being so darn hard in ARMA II? And as another person here says, getting a lock with the laser bombs is impossible too. The mission informs me of a team designating a target, it doesn't show up at all.

For the helicopter: It helps if you right klick when the helicoper is in your crosshair and you have the AA missiles selected.

You need to have the GBUs selected to see the laser target. Having the plane face that direction and hitting tab will lock it.

Were you playing on Veteran difficulty? I and a few others have been testing the last two days and have discovered that on veteran the laser target generated by both the laser designator AND IR grenades cannot be tab locked as was the case in previous versions.

At this point in time the only way to acquire a lock is to look directly at the target and push the "zoom and lock" key to lock on.

I will be doing further testing asap but it also ties in with a feedback issue i have ceated where Independent laser designators present on the two UAVs and the Strider do NOT function correctly. They cannot be locked ontp via any method.

Were you playing on Veteran difficulty? I and a few others have been testing the last two days and have discovered that on veteran the laser target generated by both the laser designator AND IR grenades cannot be tab locked as was the case in previous versions.

At this point in time the only way to acquire a lock is to look directly at the target and push the "zoom and lock" key to lock on.

I will be doing further testing asap but it also ties in with a feedback issue i have ceated where Independent laser designators present on the two UAVs and the Strider do NOT function correctly. They cannot be locked ontp via any method.

I'll look into it soon. Thank you for your reply.

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

I did so on easy, and the same thing happens. I need to be within 500 meters of the target and stay like that for a while in order to target it. However, once targeted I can fly as far away as I want and still retain it as a target. It won't lock unless I look at it of course, but that's expected behaviour. So this occours no matter the difficulty setting.

And before someone ask, I tried with and without mods, same results.

Veteran mode

No mods

Vis 12000/12000

No problem

Edited by 87th_Neptune

no chance to do this with the neop or i have

a other game ^^

i fly more than 2 houres in editor - and i can made not one look at this distance ^^ ( only testet with the neop ) with kaiman no prop

Edited by JgBtl292

Veteran mode

No mods

Vis 12000/12000

No problem

To be honest, I think this is weird. I'll record doing the mission later today and post it in this thread. I never had this problem in ARMA 2.

A couple of questions for you:

What kind of monster rig do you have that enables you to play with 12K draw and 12K object distance? Damn man!

And what are your other graphic settings?

Then the last question. If you use the command keys (numeric 1 - 9) and go to "target", are you enable to select targets from there as well?

I have the samme issue as JgBtl292: In airplanes it's nearly impossible to get a lock, in helicopters there isn't a problem at all.

Edited by aLmAnZo

I was having the same trouble. Finally figured out in order to get a lock, the target had to be in exact center screen prior to "T" key - I use free look, makes it a bit easier but without a crosshair can be hard. Have to also be within 5K. Hope this helps.

I was able to figure out the cause of my issue. I had "lock on or zoom" bound to the "T" key (the key I used and intended it to be bound to), but I also needed to bind the "T" key to "reveal target". I had only "lock or zoom" bound to it, and so it would lock, but only when looking straight at it at very, very close distance.

Now we know why this occours. I don't know why they have seperate keybinds for the two. So if anyone has the same problem, bind both "reveal target" AND "lock on or zoom" to the same key.