dna_uk

DirecxtX 12 for ArmA 3?

On-topic: judging by these early tests, seems like DX12 strongly favours AMD CPUs and GPUs.

It's logical that Dx12/Vulkan/Mantle will bring new life into AMDs CPUs, they aren't properly utilized under DX11 and lower due to the way the software is build and there isn't much you can do. In the GPU sections, GCN is build for a DX12/Vulkan kind of a ecosystem (the CPUs as well, work best here rather than single threaded apps like dx11), while nVIDIA build their cards for DX11. This means DX12 allows AMD cards to reach more of their peak theoretical performance. Here is an explanation - http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=38055079&postcount=932

Nice of you to share this information with the community a little too late :angry:

I started to use it, when A3 was poorly optimalised, since last 6 updates i dont need Process Lasso, but having it just for sure :) Bohemia started to fix their game, but microsoft started his magic tricks with Updates.

Process Lasso at least has some quality in the huge amount of features and automation so you can consider it tool for lazy people ;)

I started to use when arma was poorly optimalised - that was the only way to not change priority with every game launching (i have done that often beacuse of work on addons and game CTD's). Now i dont need it, but having it to trim some other process (even like steam itself), very usefull in CPU unparking feature, triming process, boosting process - nice fun, and there is even trial if i'm not mistaken - i searched program like this very long, tested a lot of crap which finished by reinstall of windows in the end, but now i found - this program just fit to me. But A3 will not need this "boosters" soon i hope.

PS sorry for double post

PS 2 about this CPU  software - who the hell is checking FPS on almost empty map (no battle)?           

So far, I am failing to see where is the big, the acclaimed, the announced performance miracle provided by Vulkan.

From what I can see is just an OpenGL v2016.

Now, for AMD users Mantle could have been a useful and grateful api, Vulkan ..bah more OpenGL..

I guess Mr Bill Gates and its DX12 will be ruling the world.

Well, I have no options, I am go to install a webcam in my toilet just to be sure that Mr Bill Gates knows what was my lunch.

Well, I have no options, I am go to install a webcam in my toilet just to be sure that Mr Bill Gates knows what was my lunch.

Good idea!

Windows 10 (a.k.a NSA Edition) will keep track of everything else :)

/KC

• Like 1

So far, I am failing to see where is the big, the acclaimed, the announced performance miracle provided by Vulkan.
From what I can see is just an OpenGL v2016.
Now, for AMD users Mantle could have been a useful and grateful api, Vulkan ..bah more OpenGL..
I guess Mr Bill Gates and its DX12 will be ruling the world.

I think you are expecting a bit much from version 1.0 beta drivers running on a game originally written for DX11/OpenGL and running with preliminary support for Vulkan. Give Vulkan a few months to get a full head of steam. After all, DX12 did not really show that much promise until ~6 months had passed.

• Like 3

Mate, anything that can fight the slavery concept of W10 will have my support.

Still, this game is not dependent of what can be the outcome of these APIs.

Here we are struggling with something above of those APIs.

• Like 1

Hope this comes with the Apex expansion

I hope DX12 does not. Anything that forces me to use the Windows version that Microsoft is all but forcing me to upgrade to. (havent drank the coolade yet) Is something that I prefer to stay well away from. I prefer the more OpenSource APIs. Especially the ones that have a huge backing among the industry giants across all spectrums.

If they use DX12, you can still use DX11, so nobody is forcing you.

And DX9 ??

And DX9 ??

Current plans for DayZ have DX9 on its way out, which may be an indicator for a hypothetical "Enfusion-powered Arma 4." The RV4-powered Arma 3 on the other hand... who knows.

And DX9 ??

Why not DX8? The ultimate cinematic experience, with that "old school" feel. :P

• Like 3

GPU is bottlenecked so DX11 fps is faster if someone wonders. What the test show is how much CPU usage lowers DX11 vs DX12. Total CPU usage is over 2x lower constantly.

Hitman Absolution benchmarks http://wccftech.com/hitman-pc-directx-12-benchmarks/

Again AMD still has the advantage. Some AMD Fury scaling:

Hitman-PC-DirectX-12-CPU-Scaling-635x194

Whats the problem Vulcan or DX12? Vulcan is released with new drvers at least for AMD, check your support sites and download newest drivers, i have them installed, same as Vulcan RT or something, i'll make tests today.

The way M$ are begging you to upgrade to win10 for free is just disgusting and highly suspicious.THAT's the reason i'm not changing as long as possible. Maybe a dual boot if i really want/need dx12 but i doubt it.

What's with this 'taking a stance on changing operating system paranoia' all about? Just install it because you will at some point and no doubt singing it's praises when you use it, as opposed taking a nonsensical consumer paranoia persona, you should get over the reality and progression of Ms's software path, it's here and works fine. If people want to know what you do on your computer they can easily find out regardless of your version of Windows. Don't worry, your not the first person I have heard of that isn't budging. Let me guess, you are a horder but don't accept it and you can't let stuff go easily? You probably think your sensible and you probably are most of the time and fair play but get over your notions on this one as lost leader my friend. Don't get me started.

Either way Arma 3 uses nearly 100% of my 2 970's and it runs terribly jumping from 24 to 60 depending on amount of units fighting. So until the devs write an engine where gunfire/vehicles doesn't effect frames then we are screwed.

Dx12 as cool as it may be or Vulcan will not give us the community the 'fix' we need to truly enjoy the game and not just flirtating with it's potential.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I see someone has been drinking the Microsoft Koolade. I err on the side of caution whenever someone tries to force me into a "free" product. Especially when that product isnt really free. As a systems and networks administrator, security is one of my top priorities so I tend to err on the side of caution and with the recent crap Microsoft has pulled with baking ads into the security patches for Windows 7 and 8/8.1, I'm steering clear of Win10 as long as they keep this up.

• Like 3

I see someone has been drinking the Microsoft Koolade. I err on the side of caution whenever someone tries to force me into a "free" product. Especially when that product isnt really free. As a systems and networks administrator, security is one of my top priorities so I tend to err on the side of caution and with the recent crap Microsoft has pulled with baking ads into the security patches for Windows 7 and 8/8.1, I'm steering clear of Win10 as long as they keep this up.

Naive people are everywhere, i get used to this.... I was seller for long time and i know marketing tricks - people buy every you will call "free" even if it isnt, if you add magic word "advantage" about this product, people disable logical thinking and just buying that. I just dont know i should feel sorry for this people or dont care about such posts....

• Like 1

GPU is bottlenecked so DX11 fps is faster if someone wonders. What the test show is how much CPU usage lowers DX11 vs DX12. Total CPU usage is over 2x lower constantly.

The FPS is lower because everyone likes the bragging rights of DX12, but have a hard time delivering it. They are not the only ones - see TR. I'm getting around 11% gains in Hitman  even at high, GPU intensive and vRAM limiting details (5280x1050, max), dx11 vs dx12 on a R290. Around 30% extra performance in low details (less GPU intensive), same resolution, if I down clock the CPU to force it run at stock settings. That's a new and modern API: speed and efficiency.

If you have recently updated your AMD or Nvidia drivers, you now have Vulkan 1.0 drivers installed.

You can have Vulkan 3.0 and DX30 installed if the game is not properly coded to make good use of it; just like... multithreading.

If you have recently updated your AMD or Nvidia drivers, you now have Vulkan 1.0 drivers installed.

I just dont get what is Vulcan RT i installed too :)

I just dont get what is Vulcan RT i installed too :)

VulkanRT is the Runtime stuff. You can install the Runtime SDK files to dick around with Vulkan and it also includes the Vulkan version of DirectX Diag. Not as pretty yet though.

VulkanRT is the Runtime stuff. You can install the Runtime SDK files to dick around with Vulkan and it also includes the Vulkan version of DirectX Diag. Not as pretty yet though.

But as far i understand, just to use vulcan features (advantages over directx), i dont need to install RT or anything else, but only video driver? Or Vulcan is downloadable like directx?

But as far i understand, just to use vulcan features (advantages over directx), i dont need to install RT or anything else, but only video driver? Or Vulcan is downloadable like directx?

just the video driver AFAIK. That RT stuff just lets you know if your GPU is Vulkan ready. like DXdiag does for DirectX. Source2 games should use Vulkan out of the gate.

• Like 1