Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System

Very nice adoons lol.also you need add to Altis map,we hope soon,thank man,:yay::yay:

Update: v1.1

See ChangeLog on first post!

@Snake67

Several Maps supported. You can make your own. That's just a how-to example.

If you want to copy any Map/Mission use Ctrl+C to copy then Ctrl+V to paste.

@Flipper / @Shadow

Can't at the moment. Would have to re-code.

@anyone

See other posts to start without the C-130 on the ground for small FOBs or

areas without an airfield. Place anything at 5.5m then name it: VQIHALO1

Tested MP quick for new setup - seems to work good. Only had time to test

as the host doing the Map-Clicking. Let me know if there are problems. I did

not yet address the SafeZone thing (screen size/ratio). Will soon. This was

a quick upgrade, so I may have missed something. Anyway...

Enjoy! :thumb:

New update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@vqi_halo.png

Hey this mod is pretty cool. I have one request though: can you add a backpack that has 2x the cargo load since we have to pack all of our gear from our vest, uniform, and pack just into the pack, including our uniform, vest, and headgear if we want to change after landing?

awesomeness! :yay:

I'm crashing again with this error code. File vqi_halo\config.cpp, line 266: '/cfgFunctions/VQI/functions/HALO.file': Missing ';' prior '}'

Edited by Nusbaum
update on crash

@Nusbaum

Try this version here and get back to me.

Weird that you seem to be the only one?

What other Mods/Addons you running?

Edited by Goblin
custom DL

When I treid it the first time I had my mods turned on and I got that code and I turned all my mods off through the expansion in the game and it still crashed... then i tried with link you sent up there and same thing but when i checked the rpt file there was no longer that code, but still a lot of addons chowing up so i physically removed all my addon folders and so far seems to work. I have on folder that has a lot opf mods mixed into it thats a couple giggs large so i will start to try and pinpoint wich mod is conflicting and tell you what i dig up. thank you again for the quick reply and all the assistance it is very much appretiated and also the wonderful mod of course.

Moderators:

Possible to remove the [WIP] from the Thread Title?

This thread was moved before v1 and I never had

the chance to get feedback before starting a new

thread in these (mod completed) forums. Thanks! ;)

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod. Thank you for sharing. Are there any missions completed, that use this mod?

keep exploding on impact. have a pretty heavy mod line so im going to blame that on it, will test and see if that is the cause though. tried it with my buddy and it seemed to work fine as far as getting in and out of the bird on green light

Sorry but i can't click in map to select jump location and neither using radio comand 0-0-9 to enable it, just look in the test mission and don't have the file c130_HALO.sqf in my wip folder, im new in this so if anyone can help me figure it out will be of great help =D.

Hey Goblin, I´ve had the same problem as Nusbaum (have lotsa mods activated - roughly 15 gb - on my usual Arma3 Launcher preset) and I got CTD even using your additional (Nusbaum´s) version... then I´ve tried with a lesser mod preset (still round 4 gbs of mods lol) and it worked as a charm... I cannot say which addon is conflicting with yours, but I can say that TPW, TMR, C17, MCC, SFP, bCombat, A3MP, Kaelis South Zagoria, Ivory Aircrafts, Toadies AKs, M60, SuddenRussians, ASDG Attachments nor Nimitz aren´t responsable for that CTD, so you guys can use those listed mods and addons without a doubt lol :bounce3:

Great mod, hope to see more steam (and BI foruns) missions with this nice feature implemented... as The Chief above asked, does anyone knows which especific missions (here or steamworkshop) that features VQI HALO???:confused:

Cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

@the chief

I have no idea. Not sure. Make one. DirtyDel was making one. You have to ask around I guess...

@TheDog88

I'm so sorry man. I have no idea what's going on there. Did you say it was Clafclan (or similar)?

Or is it any and all Maps? I hope not....

@MarceloBoZo

It's now built in. See the JumpMaster and request a re-route. Careful, he can be a tad grumpy.

When you get the action option with him, use your scroll-wheel for more options.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]

Thanks! That helps alot!! I'm guessing its likely from some addon that 'displays' something on the

screen? That's going to bug me now. I was hoping to move on to other projects for a while. Grrr...

Thanks for the input guys! ;)

Hey i again =D can't request a re-rout on JumpMaster =S just the options to inspect and to show were we gona jump, how do this action option request re-rout show up ?? sorry for my noobish.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]

Thanks! That helps alot!! I'm guessing its likely from some addon that 'displays' something on the

screen? That's going to bug me now. I was hoping to move on to other projects for a while. Grrr...

Wow, I may have a clue... maybe it´s Lordheart´s googles and glasses UI mod... I´ll add this mod to my "working preset" and see if it causes CTD and I´ll post ya!

[Edit1] OK, not Lordheart´s glasses and googles, now I´m trying ZAM glasses (which Lordheart continued the work in his addon) and maybe it could be the cause as it is an older addon, maybe conflicting... and I´ve added Tao´s folding Map too and VTS gesture (it has an UI for choosing gestures), let´s see if the CTD happens...

[Edit2] None of them... I can´t find the exact addon that enables choosing eyewear on the fly, thou I doubt it could be the cause... I have it enabled but can find the .pbo files for this specific add-on, if anyone recalls and tests, just give us a headsup!

Maybe another obscure addon... sorry I couldn´t pinpoint the cause of the CTD, but at least we know the most popular addons doesn´t cause it, so...

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

@MarceloBoZo

If you got it installed the first time, should be the same. Sounds like a simple path issue.

The install instructions are included. Open folder and look at the docs. The Mod Folder

is called @VQI_HALO. Drop that into your ArmA directory and 'yes' to replace/update all.

@Corporal_Lib[bR]

Thanks again. I know what a pain it is to test all those. Good news, I guess...

One more time thank addons make for man lol. very nice,I try to add Altis map to Halo Jump,the Halo Jump mission is to short ALtis for,and try to add respawn,but I cant,I need where add the scrip respawn for ?,I like to see mission on Altis to,this addons is very nice,thank man...:yay::yay:

I'm having the same issue as MarceloBoZo. I have only just come across this mod and it's awesome but i can't reroute the flight path. I've only ever installed v1.1 so it's not an out of date version. I've tried the sample mission on stratis and the same thing happens on there. Only get the option of inspection and check flight path. Would love to use this with my mates but seems as tho arma's parachute physics aren't great, this option is a must really. Also i still cannot get 3rd person and the hints are still on screen. I've used the dl link both here and on armaholic, they both say v1.1

Seems like a great mod, but it does not work on my system.

I grab the required gear from the crate near the C-130, the jump-master approves the load out and the O2 supply turns on.

I then enter the C-130 via the loading ramp. So far so good.

I enter the Cleared for Takeoff item from the action menu and I take flight.

But, the altimeter is never issued to me. When I press the watch button, my watch appears. No altimeter in sight. :(

Also, I am locked in 1st person mode. 3rd person mode is not allowed.

And, once I land on the ground I am not able to remove the helmet. I remove it from the inventory. Nope. Still attached to my head. So I am stuck looking through the mask for the rest of the mission.

Am I missing something here in order to get this mod to work?

Running no other mods. Just CBA and the C-130 mod.

So sorry guyz!

I had some older files that were uploaded and packed in that package. I re-updated with the new stuff.

That's what happens when you work too tired and fast! :p

Try it now. Download on first page.

Ah, much better. Thanks for the quick reply.

This is a really fun mod. Thanks for your effort. :) :notworthy:

Now if it would just work with my AI squad... :biggrin:

How can I use 3rd person while jumping??

Hi Goblin, I very like this HALO System. I have idea want to share with you.

Godzilla[2014] HALO JUMP Video:

Can you add this effect? When people jump out the plane, the red flare and red smoke will spawn on people's left foot.

Godzilla_Poster_12_10_13.jpg

And the plane you can use this C-17:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25090&highlight=C17

I love this effect very much, it will be a very nice intro.

Are you interested on it?

Edited by a8325811