Sign in to follow this  
carlostex

The A-164 WIPEOUT Fixed Wing Aircraft

I've done an addon myself and because i'm on a lower end system (Core 2 Duo 3.6Ghz, Radeon HD4950, HDD) i've noticed increased stuttering when going gun runs. So i think i'm probably gonna scrap the firing rate part and fine tune the damage accordingly.

BTW, i liked how my system worked. I increased the hit value to 105, and it rewards the pilot nicely IF you are dead accurate. Against infantry, it's still the same as it was because i did not touch indrectHit and indirectHitRange.

What i'll do maybe is to reduce the hit value from 105 to 100 and increase indirectHit from 12 to 15 and indirectHitRange from 2 to 3.

And the rate of fire is definitely going back to its original value.

Edited by CarlosTex
Spell check

Maybe it's not 4000 rpm, but my FPS usually fluctuates a lot (especially on Altis) and I don't really notice it affect the RPM, but I shall test it more.

You dont notice the difference because the sound will always be the same, no matter how many rpm you have. Seeing the difference is alot harder then hearing because not every bullet has a tracer.

And it does not just affect local frames, it's also problematic in multiplayer environment where everything has to be synchronised.

Edited by Fennek

I don't know but what i experienced wasn't as bad as what it's seen on the repro ticket. The increased lag could be due to me changing only the reloadTime value to 0.015. I've since edited my addon and deleted the CfgWeapons entry so the original value goes back to default, but i haven't tried it yet. But i will try it and report back.

Keep in mind that i'm running the game in a lower end system, and my system, although i defragment the HDD very often, is now a 4 year installation. So it's not on its prime.

I just don't wanna raise any alarms, at first hand it seems it was caused by higher rate of fire. I will try it again as soon as possible.

I'm happy to report that after changing my addon rate of fire to default values the stuttering i was experiencing has disappeared.

BTW, has BIS romeved the ability of locking targets with the cannon?

BTW, has BIS romeved the ability of locking targets with the cannon?

It should be still possible on the recruit difficulty.

Can't lock targets with Cannon anymore, in 2035?

Fairly odd... Seing as Fighter/attack aircraft could lock all targets with its cannon since the F-5 era. That was closer to the Cold War.

Man, capabilities of aircraft are slowly being scrapped to WW2 times. Can't pop one flare anymore, can't shoot further than 4 k, and now can't lock targets with a cannon... Well I hope some improvements are made to pick up on the removal of some of these features.

Can't lock targets with Cannon anymore, in 2035?

Fairly odd... Seing as Fighter/attack aircraft could lock all targets with its cannon since the F-5 era. That was closer to the Cold War.

Man, capabilities of aircraft are slowly being scrapped to WW2 times. Can't pop one flare anymore, can't shoot further than 4 k, and now can't lock targets with a cannon... Well I hope some improvements are made to pick up on the removal of some of these features.

Locking targets for the cannon is usually something that's reserved for fighter aircraft. A radar lock is used to generate a firing solution and a cue showing where the pilot should aim will show up.

What we need is CCIP, which is what an aircraft would use for attacking ground targets. The HUD should display a reticule showing the point of impact for the rounds, but against ground targets there typically isn't locking. Aircraft with air to ground radar may lock targets but this is usually simply to more easily slew your Mavericks, etc to the target for firing.

I'm not sure how hard CCIP would be to implement but there is already a mod for it so it can't be that hard.

HUD's worked well in Arma 2. Even though you had an overlay, the real HUD actually displayed information. If they can get that to work with current and future aircraft, that would be amazing. I would love to see some CCIP.

I do not oppose removing the ability to lock with Cannon but the problem is people running on lower end systems are gonna have trouble finding the targets way up because they can't crank up the object view distance. By the time the objects start to render is kinda hard to put the pipper on target, specially because the flight model is still very weak there's no way to trim the aircraft.

I do not oppose removing the ability to lock with Cannon but the problem is people running on lower end systems are gonna have trouble finding the targets way up because they can't crank up the object view distance. By the time the objects start to render is kinda hard to put the pipper on target, specially because the flight model is still very weak there's no way to trim the aircraft.

That´s why i said in another post (i think...), that targets should be render by the VD and not from OD.

That´s why i said in another post (i think...), that targets should be render by the VD and not from OD.

If they took this route, then wouldn't we new sub pixel rendering for terrain in order to counter the targets spawning through hills that are out of view or the such?

Edit: oops, I mis understood the post, nvm.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial