Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

East Static Weapons Pack

Great mod!

Issue:

ZU-23 does NOT fire at aircraft.

They shot down my F18.... :P

A t55, a functional BTR 60 and an M113 would make my year complete.

Swedish Forces (SFP) has a BTR 60 AFAIK.

Thanks for the T72, it handles properly for a change! Please consider porting The T-90 and BMP3 as well.

Doesn't happen here, with either the Merkava or the T-100. First-shot kills consistently.

Not happening for me. Are you using any other mods, perhaps the real armor mod, or anything that alters the values for the weapons?

I can't one shot T-72s (vanilla game, only this mod.) no matter the weapon. The T-72 also can easily disable T-100s from the side and one-shot them in one out of three shots on my screen (1.5 kilometers distance).

Is it also possible to turn the T-72s turret turning speed to a realistic value? They spin their turrets like AA guns. Recent footage from syria provides a good rule of thumb for this, about 2/3rds the top speed that the merkava should be capable of ingame. This would also make their first shots more reliably hit something.

Good work! Been missing the feeling you get when getting shot at by a DsHkm

Reyhard, awesome mod! Downloading now.

Do you or anyone else have some time for me to ask some modding questions? I want to create a custom faction for use in the editor but I cant find anywhere that has a good step by step tutorial. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Baddazs

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174135-East-Static-Weapons-Pack&p=2638022&viewfull=1#post2638022 something like this?

or this?

class CfgFactionClasses
{
access=1;
class Dekabristy
{
	displayName="ДекабриÑÑ‚Ñ‹";
	icon="pi.paa";
	author="Impaled Moon";
	priority=2;
	side=0;
};
};

I think this is what I need, but where do I go about defining what load out each soldier has?

EDIT: What I really need is a tutorial on what I will need to learn in order to make my own faction. Do I need any software that I likely don't have? Do I need to know C++ or anything like that. I am a complete modding noobie but I want to learn.

Edited by Baddazs

I get an error when i try to assemble the rds_metis_gun_bag and rds_metis_tripod_bag reading "bad vehicle type rds_Netis". I have no idea about modding in Arma but could this be a simple typo ?

@Niklas - thanks for the report! I fixed it now, however, the strange thing is, that it worked with that typo on my pc without any problems

@Baddazs - I don't think it's right place to describe such things. Come to config&scripting section ;)

I don't have a problem with disassembling and reassembling the metis when i put it into the editor, but spawning the backpacks themselves and then assembling the thing caused the error for me.

Hello, i have download your mod for the ZU-23 and the D30. And i love your mod, I puts D30 and ZU everywhere!

But I however spotted a bug (I think), D30 controlled by IA doesn't fire on armoured targets... Either on anything, I tried to add an officer, or even a drone for located targets, but they remain passive to move their cannon in everything directions.

Can you look if that also makes him to you? Thank you !

@Drakedaeron - Are you using D30 AT? The thing is, you can't make vehicle with artillery computer to direct fire. That's why I created separated class for AT purposes

New tanks & static weapons

East Tank Pack 1.03 - Download

As I suppose RHS will blow away those thanks when they finaly release their tanks, treat it more like technology test or placeholder until then ;)

ERA system not implemented yet!

13468301745_2de8f3f66b_o.jpg

13468404083_b40c054633_o.jpg

13468645524_4c7318c5c1_o.jpg

13468299955_f154993b75_o.jpg

13468402903_124cdb2132_o.jpg

13468299375_e77494d19f_o.jpg

FCS usage:

Select Fire Control System weapon and press left mouse button, you should see laser marker in the middle of screen

If target is too close or too far away or FCS is off, beep will occur

Keys

*Lock Target key (T or Tab by ) - lasing target

*Zeroing Up/Down (Page Up/Down) - manual correction

based on http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/T-72M1

Known Bugs:

Smoke launcher avaible only after turnout

V shaped shadow on front hull on BM version

UV set on BM & BM is not finished yet

Laser indicator visible in periscope & NV view

Gearbox blocking on ~34km/h (use turbo key)

View from inside (without optic) - Arma Bug I suppose. Get in & get out from vehicle or turn 3rd person view.

Changelog:

-added T72B (with & without era) and BM variants

-added FCS (kudos to NonWonderDog), extra views for gunner & commander

-separated commander view from DShKM movment

-partial support for RAM - armor values are based on Steel Beast

-new ammo types (below)

//APFSDS-T
RDS_3BM44M, 
RDS_3BM12,
RDS_3BM15,
RDS_3BM22,
RDS_3BM26,
RDS_3BM32,
//HEAT-FS
RDS_3BK29M,
RDS_3BK12,
RDS_3BK14,
RDS_3BK18,
RDS_3BK18M,
RDS_3BK21,
RDS_3BK21B,
//HEF
RDS_3OF26,
//ATGM
RDS_AT11

based onhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/125_mm_smoothbore_ammunition

credits:

reyhard - port, scripts

Matteck - Era Block

NonWonderDog - FCS

special thanks for Volt & Gus for testing :*

East Static Weapon Pack 1.03 - Download

13468302055_90424fbd50_o.jpg

Changelog:

*Added Towing Animation for D30

*Fixed Materials errors

*Fixed Metis Bag error

*Tweaked some materials

*Tweaked KORD geometry (now you should be able to use it on sloppy terrains)

*some minor tweaks

D30 Anim: There is included function to assembly or disassembly D30

[nameOfYourUnit] call RDS_fnc_D30_Pack

It will assembly/dissasembly vehicle upon it state

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

D30 Anim: There is included function to assembly or disassembly D30

[nameOfYourUnit] call RDS_fnc_D30_Pack

It will assembly/dissasembly vehicle upon it state

Can you give a little more specifics on this? It's early in the morning and maybe my brain isn't working but I had some trouble getting this to work. Does this just pack the gun or does it actually allow towing?

Thanks for a great mod that has added some awesome and much needed content.

It's only animation made by request of Raven. I didn't make it wheels able for towing (I'm not sure, if OFP method would still work - needs some experiments)

It's only animation made by request of Raven. I didn't make it wheels able for towing (I'm not sure, if OFP method would still work - needs some experiments)

Ah ok, thought that might be the case. Thanks for your reply.

It places the at in towingstate..it doesn't create an action to place it behind a truck. Nevertheless still cool. Place an AT on the map/editor and give it a name ..for example AT1 and put in the initfield: [at1] call RDS_fnc_D30_Pack.

Next level: towing it behind a truck? :-)

Bloody nice work!

Here's a question for you. Is it possible to add an IR illumination light that could make IR feasible? Not necessarily very relevant for the late nineties and onwards, but to have night capability for these tanks would go a long way to help play historical battles, especially of the sixties and seventies. I can imagine that if it were possible, that such a system would be a bit difficult for the AI to grasp the nuances of.

@SCAJolly - It's on my wishlist too but I have now idead right now, how to make it work that way. Maybe some day then

up1.jpg

up2.jpg

up9.jpg

up4.jpg

up5.jpg

up6.jpg

RDS Tanks 1.1 DOWNLOAD

Changelog 1.1

-added BMP-1 & 2

-fixed laser bug

-tweaked gearbox for t72

-tweaked armour values

BMP1

Features

PsychX

WIP gunner sight

Working interior (however some PIP issues may occurs, and driver indicators are not present yet)

Working cargo doors

Khaki & Takistan painting

BMP2

PsychX

FCS implementation in progress

Khaki, Takistan, Guerrillas & UN painting available

in progress BMP1P, BMP1D, BMP2D, BMP3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170999-Amphibious-Vehicle-Config-Example/page2 due to that bug bmp might be used as submarines ;)

up15.jpg

RDS Static Weapons 1.1 DOWNLOAD

Changelog 1.1

-added western static weapons (TOW, M119, M2, Mk19, M252)

Edited by Reyhard

must say, you're pretty good at this PhysX enigma!