.kju

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA) - A1/A2/OA content in A3

@Galzohar and anyone else that might be interested.

I found a fix for the "No entry 'bin\config/CfgWeapons/Kae_AK_74sz_base/FullAuto.StandardSound'" error and posted it to the AIA HQ thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175109-All-in-Arma-High-Quality-pack-(AiA-HQ)-Replacement-addons-for-AiA&p=2803398#post2803398

@ JackAmphlett

Your modline is too long. AiA TP is not loaded at all.

You need to use the par file, or batch file (not 100% it will help) or reduce the number of mods.

Ah, thank you very much. :) But how would I make a par/batch file?

Edited by JackAmphlett

Alright' date=' I've created the par file in the ArmA 3 directory and I still get the circular dependency error - this is the par file I'm using, I use the -par=ArmA3.par to point to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/trcezsys2vaeg7d/ArmA3.par

Actually I think the .cmd fixed it however now I get a different error - "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found"

EDIT: Nevermind it was the load order.

Aaand now it crashes after the ALiVE screen (before the main menu), I think it's because not even the cmd properly loads the addons, I guess I'll just merge them into one big folder, thanks!

Okay, now I added them all into a big folder and I get the circular dependency again.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ibq7j4w2vcjdqwv

Edited by JackAmphlett

@ JackAmphlett

1. allinarmaterrainpack is obsolete if you already load AiA SA (as mentioned in the FAQ and docu)

2. what is @rds? to remove it

3. you have to remove mods one by one to find out why has a faulty config

Hi .kju.

I did what you told me: AiA lite on server, AiA SA+ AiA HQ runin on local. So, I got a Humvee with low res texture and the takistan rifleman was a CSAT guy placeholder.

Server logs follow:

http://we.tl/AfDGGEYDAo

@ Solentis

The server has no influence on clients in regards to models/textures/sounds and such.

So your client setup has issues. As such the rpt of the client is needed.

@ Solentis

Why do you load CBA_CO? or CBA_A3 should be loaded first at least.

> I got a Humvee with low res texture

As you have AllInArmaStandaloneLite loaded.

> takistan rifleman was a CSAT guy placeholder

which unit/class exactly?

CBA CO Is automaticaly loaded by PW6. I do not understand, you told me to use AiA lite, can you explain me:

1- what to use in editor for mission creation (SA? Lite?)

2- what I have to upload on the server (lite?)

3- what we have to run on local

The unit is the takistani rifleman.

@ Solentis

Can you please upload this file for me to analyze the load order in more detail:

C:\Users\Ronan\AppData\Local\SIX Networks\Play withSIX\Cache\par\45nhnUJzlUStGBlc8mS6Ww_Q_MVi8YOk0aLMGUI1sRINw.txt

CBA CO seems loaded due to JSRS1.5; in your case CBA CO is loaded before CBA A3 and thus disabling that.

AiA SA LITE should be used always for the server.

As a player it depends if you want to download the full 13 GB of AiA SA or want to reduce the download size with AiA SA LITE.

Another element can be performance and load times - with the LITE version these can be considerably improved.

Now while AiA HQ replaces most infantry, weapons and some vehicles, the rest remains as is. As such with AiA SA LITE, you will

have reduced textures for these.

Same applies for terrains and their objects, buildings and vegetation. However if you have AiA TP, and make sure its loaded

before AiA SA LITE, these will have the high quality textures too.

The unit is the takistani rifleman

would need the exact class name here as AiA_InfantryModelReplacement_TK_With_Kaelies_SouthZagorianArmy has

class TK_Soldier_base_EP1: SoldierEB
{
//		hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};

model = "\kae_SZ_infantry\data\Soldier_TK.p3d";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\kae_sz_infantry\data\textures\tak_soldier_co.paa"};
	uniformClass = "kae_TK_Uniform";
	linkedItems[] = {"kae_TK_ChestRig_T","kae_TK_Helmet_noMask"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"kae_TK_ChestRig_T","kae_TK_Helmet_noMask"};
	backpack = "kae_Backpack_small";
};
class TK_Soldier_EP1: TK_Soldier_base_EP1
{
//		linkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_AiA","H_HelmetB_AiA"};
//		respawnLinkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_AiA","H_HelmetB_AiA"};

model = "\kae_SZ_infantry\data\Soldier_TK.p3d";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\kae_sz_infantry\data\textures\tak_soldier_co.paa"};
	uniformClass = "kae_TK_Uniform";
	linkedItems[] = {"kae_TK_ChestRig_T","kae_TK_Helmet_noMask"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"kae_TK_ChestRig_T","kae_TK_Helmet_noMask"};
	backpack = "kae_Backpack_small";
};

Well, when i run AiA with PW6, it also load the old CBA 1.5, the old ACE, and sometime I get the old arma 2 GUI. It's not intentional, just automatically downloaded and launched by W6.

@ Solentis

Yes I know. However this is why I am asking for the par file.

A screenshot of your collections would be useful too.

This is absolute the most handy and properly the biggest addon you ever can imagine having by your side, it saves you so much time going trough websites looking for objects 1 by 1. :j:

Just love the idea behind it, Keep stacking up objects ! :yay:

@ snippi

Thank you! :o Lot more to come hopefully. :)

@ Solentis

This seems from a different session.

You need to load your AiA HQ modset and then upload the file.

I'm not geting it. Do I download AiA TP, HQ and SA on client side? or is SA containing TP and HQ?

Prpbably cause I'm Swedish. :o

@ Kingbengan

For the best experience you download AiA SA + AiA HQ.

AiA TP is part of AiA SA.

Does that clear it up?

@ Everyone

How much are you guys using other assets from A2/OA together with AiA - like community made vehicle or weapon mods?

The initial idea was to open up A3 to all content from A2/OA. However with BI not improving backwards compatibility,

I am not sure if its worth to stick to that goal.

On a technical level this is mainly about the class structure/hierarchy - if I could change that in AiA without any consideration

to other mods from A2/OA, it would make it way easier and less effort to integrate A3 ports made other people or to do

replacement in AiA HQ.

;2809435']@ Everyone

How much are you guys using other assets from A2/OA together with AiA - like community made vehicle or weapon mods?

None except maps, lots of maps. In fact, I was not even aware that AiA SA made old A2 vehicule compatible to A3 ! :)

Even now that I'm aware of it, I don't have plan to use A2 assets (except maps, as said earlier).

;2809435']@ Everyone

The initial idea was to open up A3 to all content from A2/OA. However with BI not improving backwards compatibility' date='

I am not sure if its worth to stick to that goal.

On a technical level this is mainly about the class structure/hierarchy - if I could change that in AiA without any consideration

to other mods from A2/OA, it would make it way easier and less effort to integrate A3 ports made other people or to do

replacement in AiA HQ.[/quote']

Well, I have to admit that AiA is mainly used for the maps. Although it would be very nice if we could "import" the TKOH heli's in A3 when the heli dlc comes out.

For the moment only maps as we cannot understand how to make the other stuff work properly.

Edited by Solentis