Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Dynamic range audio package for resistance v1.75

um, there seems to be a problem with the FULL BURST mode on the the HK weapons,, it only fires in 1 shot bursts?

You mean the MP5SD? Download the pack again - I think this was fixed in the new one.

Oh by the way, I was just playing on a dedicated server which didn't have Dynamic Range installed and it worked fine for over three hours! No problems at all. Maybe being a bin instead of a cpp makes all the difference? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm.. I don't remember releasing the final cpp did I? <span id='postcolor'>

nop, Talking about my own 1.75 edited cpp ;-) Thanks to the other topic I search and found that playable config.cpp so I was happy with that and your release of Dynamic Range for Resistance. More than 286 changes... like this M2 attacks BMPs and air units, shilka can open driver hatch, I change the original RPG of soviets with the RPG-7 released by Kegetys, some new optics, many textures changes and some other stuff. Hard to release it because I load many addons with it and can't upload that hundred MB with this phone modem :-\

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Sep. 13 2002,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm.. I don't remember releasing the final cpp did I? <span id='postcolor'>

nop, Talking about my own 1.75 edited cpp ;-) Thanks to the other topic I search and found that playable config.cpp so I was happy with that and your release of Dynamic Range for Resistance. More than 286 changes... like this M2 attacks BMPs and air units, shilka can open driver hatch, I change the original RPG of soviets with the RPG-7 released by Kegetys, some new optics, many textures changes and some other stuff. Hard to release it because I load many addons with it and can't upload that hundred MB with this phone modem :-\<span id='postcolor'>

ahh.. excellent smile.gif

great job pv! I was beginning to have doubts as to when this was going to be released if ever. But you have eased my suffering and made it possible for me to sleep at night! lol I just have one question, are the ak and the m16 supposed to sound exactly the same? I don't mean they sound alike, I mean they are one and the same. I was killing russians on a mission with an m16, then dropped it to pick up an ak to hear the new sounds and all and when i fired it again, it was exactly the same as the m16...is that fixed in the new version and if so...do I have to download the entire pack(pbo and bin) or just the bin. Thanks and I'm sorry if they are indeed not the same.

Realisticly the ak and m16 maybe should sound the same, I couldnt tell you for sure Ive never heard either but all the guns I have heard basically sound like loud bangs and some louder or quiter than the other. I kind of like being able to tell the difference for gameplay though, maybe the sounds munger used in his pack would work.

hey my father has a ak 47 and a AR ill ask him and where the heck do i find the dynamic range audio package for Cold War Crisis???!?!??!1 Pitviper your site for the sound pack is broken wtf is up with that man?

Great work PitViper, calm down Rippy The Reaper shouting wtf at him won't make him want to help you.

RED

a little discovery regarding the mod folder bit.

when you create your mod folder (DynamicRange in this case), the only files you need in the new folder are the ones that are different.  it will use the non-changed files from the res folder.

for example:

I created the following subdirectories under the flashpoint base directory:

DynamicRange\bin

DynamicRange\Addons

in the bin folder, I only have a single file,  the new config.bin.

in the addon folder, I only have a single file there also.  its the DynamicRange.pbo

Dynamic Range runs perfectly as a mod with just those two files.

EDIT  I just rewrote the readme.txt and repacked the archive to install as a mod by default

great mod... but how do you stop the "modified config" message popping up in Multiplayer games ? It causes a couple of ppl to freak out... I played MP game for a few hours without a prob except for the messages.. thx

There isn't a way to remove the modified config message, but it's never made anyone think I was cheating - I just explained what it was and people were more curious about the soundmod than about possible cheating. So far I haven't had a single problem using it in multiplayer games with others who don't have it, and this is a REALLY good thing. biggrin.gif

Much obliged PV. smile.gif

thx for the reply... just a quick question... what program did you use to convert wav to wss.  I have tried wsscod.exe and it just gets stuck in a loop and continues to make a sound file larger and larger.... I am using XP....

biggrin.gif

don't worry I worked it out.. I had to resample the wav to 22k 16 bit mono, even though it was taken out of a wss file. I guess the WSS compression format it lossy. thx again...

I love the sports car horn, maybe col klink wouldn't mind putting it on his Boss Hog Lincoln biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 16 2002,05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There isn't a way to remove the modified config message,<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, There is no way to remove warning messages in multiplay. But is there any way to add another messages?

Like this;

xxx uses modified config.bin ........

This is because xxx uses DynamicRange sound mod.

If you can add second line message, more people understand to use DR in multiplay. Can we do this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Laitex @ Sep. 17 2002,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 16 2002,05wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There isn't a way to remove the modified config message,<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, There is no way to remove warning messages in multiplay. But is there any way to add another messages?

Like this;

xxx uses modified config.bin ........

This is because xxx uses DynamicRange sound mod.

If you can add second line message, more people understand to use DR in multiplay. Can we do this?<span id='postcolor'>

Whoa! I know how to do something close to this but this could be missused by someone who has installed a cheat-filled config.bin file and wants everyone to think that he's just got a nice soundpack installed.

BIS, consider remedying such potential message manipulation! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 17 2002,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa! I know how to do something close to this but this could be missused by someone who has installed a cheat-filled config.bin file and wants everyone to think that he's just got a nice soundpack installed.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I want to know how you can do that!

If you can't tell here, I will tell you my e-Mail address and send me please. smile.gif

Yes, I know that this will not solve cheat problems.

Hmmm, Is there any way to distinguish? confused.gif