Sign in to follow this  
spudly

Armaholic

Is anyone else having a great deal of trouble accessing Armaholic at the moment?

I'm in the UK and for the last couple of days it's been getting slower and slower, till this evening when it finally stopped responding to me at all.

Now, I've used

ipconfig /flushdns

on my machine, I've tried three different browsers, I've cleared the cache from all those browsers, I've rebooted my machine and the router and I've changed the DNS from the normal DNS servers to OpenDNS and back again with no luck. Everything else seems to work for me and when I ping www.armaholic.com I get a response back with a TTL of 54.

Seemingly, everything should be working, but I'm getting absolutely no joy. Any ideas?

That's not the right place to discuss this, but AFAIK they are under heavy DOS attacks recently.

The website should be back in the morning if all goes well. The site is already running again and I have been posting all the news I could not post earlier (including the sunday wip report). Just the public can not access it yet.

I truly hope I fixed it and this wont happen again.

Thanks guys, I didn't think to check facebook, I've liked that page now.

Foxhound, thanks for the update, hope this means you can get some sleep now!

I hardly slept the past few days, but right now it is looking good. Lets hope things keep going like this.

Thankt to everyone who send, posted or showed their support in some way! I truly appreciate it :)

That's not the right place to discuss this, but AFAIK they are under heavy DOS attacks recently.

whats the point of that? armaholic has enemies? Let them ddos money grabbing corporations instead.

Scuttlebutt says it's the "Life" server guys. Got pissed at Fox because he doesn't host their stolen content nor post their news or allow them in the forums.

Glad you got it back uo, Fox. Get some rest man. Your health and sanity trump our news/addon fix.

I really hope that scuttlebutt isn't true, very disappointed if it is. I know nothing about stolen content and this isn't really the thread to talk about it in, but I genuinely hope people aren't taking stuff without giving credit where it's due. In a community which revolves around freely donated contributions, not giving credit is about as low as you can get.

I do not know any Scuttlebutt.

And please, lets not go and point fingers. I do not want to blame it on anyone in the Arma community. And, if someone is doing it I hope he/she/they come to their senses and stop it.

I do not know any Scuttlebutt.

And please, lets not go and point fingers. I do not want to blame it on anyone in the Arma community. And, if someone is doing it I hope he/she/they come to their senses and stop it.

Scuttlebutt = navy word for the rumor mill and not a person

But its good to see Armaholic back up.

there are still issues, the site was up for a while, now its gone again (at least for me) :confused:

Is for me too. If this is malicious, I really hope there is a way to prosecute whoever is doing it.

Anyone who is having issues PM me your IP so I can check it.

Security could ban you, it should not but its very well possible.

Things are still going on but we are still up and kicking as the server is properly handling those requests. If you cant connect the issue could be with just your own connection so if you sent me your IP I can check the logs.

"Online in past 15 minutes: 31 members, 1154 guests" ---> should say enough.

Armaholic has been very slow for several days for me. Yesterday I couldn't access it at all. Today I was able to access it one minute but now cannot connect again.

A day or so ago I attempted to browse the arma 3 addons section and received a Trojan virus alert from my antivirus software.

There are scanners online which allow you to scan websites or specific areas of websites.

I am doing that every now and than, google informs me and I just did it in different areas and nothing has been detected.

You are very welcome to PM me any links/scan reports you have which could indicate an issue.

[add on:]

Regarding your message about not being able to view the website:

"Online in the past 15 minutes: 40 members, 1340 guests"

As I wrote up in this thread, if you are blocked you are welcome to PM me.

I can't connect either. I tried a couple of times to connect I didn't passed the opening page. Everything was extremely slow. It was impossible to browse the site. For the time being I'm unable to connect at all. That sucks big time.

Just wanted to let you know what you most probably already know.

cheers

I can't connect either. I tried a couple of times to connect I didn't passed the opening page. Everything was extremely slow. It was impossible to browse the site. For the time being I'm unable to connect at all. That sucks big time.

Just wanted to let you know what you most probably already know.

cheers

what my friend said, it's the same on my side... good luck on getting things working again foxhound :)

Anyone who still cant access Armaholic, please sent me a PM with the IP which is blocked.

Make sure you give me the correct IP. You can see your outside IP here: http://www.whatsmyip.org/ - On top of the page you can see your IP, thats the one I need :)

Things have been working find with armaholic for me until this morning. I fear I have may angered the filters trying to update my server with some new maps. It started with a 406 response, and now I get no response from armaholic at all. :( I'll send a PM with my IP.

I have replied to your PM.

Also some tips which hopefully can prevent this for you in the future.