Sign in to follow this  
coolts

Adapt: Exit strategy "i think he spotted us"

Is there any way not to be spotted by the supernatural helo AI? I had my team crouched in a building away from windows and they were still apparently visible? I've tried this like 6 or 7 times now and its becoming boring.:confused:

Yep, it always spotted me too. Just grab the titan AA from one of the dead soldiers and shoot the heli when you see it!

I left my team in hiding, ignored the extra team, placed the charges on the LZ, got the launcher, called him in while hiding across the road on the hill/prone in the bushes. He didn't see me when he was flying around, but he may have seen either the bodies to his east or the charges on the road below him, but he was at 10 feet or so alt. at that point and when I blew the charges his butt went up with them. :D (I still fired the AA for good measure)

I had no problem with that, succeeded at first try - placed explosives at spot looking as good for landing, called evac, waited till chopper showed up, marked explosive's position with white smoke hand grenade, immediatelly went under closest trees, fell flat on the ground still beeing able to see LZ, waited until touch down (took a while), detonated, left away fast. Flawless. My two subordinates was kept all the time prone behind the hill. Perhaps matter of difficulty level, or "luck"?

I parked my clowns a way back and basically dropped the charge and smoke and ran as far as I could and still be within PCML range and hid and they didn't spot me. Seems the helo AI detection is set to a radius round the LZ.

I let my ai under tree coverage and went to place the charges. When teh chopper was close I threw smoke greandes. He never landed... but when he flew away the game still acted as if the chopper was down, so I could complete the mission :)

I only beat this glitchy mission because of a miracle shot on the pilot's head, spraying and praying.

I managed to to pull it off after several tries. Planted charges on the flat plain clearing below the wind turbines. Planted two charges. Moved back to the hill, put my AI (I had only three teammates I think) inside the two structures there and told them to go prone. Called the agent, popped smoke when I heard the Iranian HQ requesting him that, ran back to one of the huts. I had a very narrow sight outside, and I didn't have a line of sight to the landing zone. I saw the chopper starting to land and lost eye contact with it. However, I could see the dust starting to kick off, waited for three more seconds to be sure and detonated.

It is very gratifying to take it out using the satchels, I recommend to everybody to try!

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

I let my ai under tree coverage and went to place the charges. When teh chopper was close I threw smoke greandes. He never landed... but when he flew away the game still acted as if the chopper was down, so I could complete the mission :)

Pop smoke when you hear the CSAT HQ requesting for smoke, not later and not before.

Edited by Variable
typo

Pop smoke when you hear the CSAT HQ requesting for smoke, not later and not before.

Oh I am pretty sure I popped them too soon. That might explain what happened.