Sign in to follow this  
Gunship -OFP-ZONE-

Download the hk pack!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Sep. 08 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know the G2 is the FN-FAL

!<span id='postcolor'>

FN-FAL was designated G1 in the Bundeswehr (btw the MG42 was designated MG1 then...)

->  read...

It's great! I love the new units too, having show downs between Russian Federation infantry and the G9 is really cool!

Just two things bugging me, on the new units, the hands are not attached to the arms propaly! Part of the hand juts out into space confused.gif

And the other one, on the unit that has the dessert camo and rolled up sleeves, the colour of his arms and the colour of his hands clas h horribly. He has pinky arms, then suddenly these grimy pale white ones!

Besides this, it is excellant and the best download for a while smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oooo OICW has SoF2 textures thats why ?

Cuz ive alawys thinked that it looked like in SoF2<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, I mean some of the unit textures (terrorist, mafia and some of the hand textures), but it's not a big deal because the weapons, soldier models and custom textures are so high quality smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Sep. 08 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oooo OICW has SoF2 textures thats why  ?

Cuz ive alawys thinked that it looked like in SoF2<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, I mean some of the unit textures (terrorist, mafia and some of the hand textures), but it's not a big deal because the weapons, soldier models and custom textures are so high quality smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeab ut still is it leagal to use the textures of SoF2 in OFP. I mean SoF2 is a game that u hav e to pay for it its not free, it should be the same thing for the textures :/.

Anyway the pack is just AWESOME. AWesome work for 4 (yes four) months of hard working!

HEy quaker: You may remember me not being very positive about your old c-130 but i must say your new one looks very impressive smile.gif

Do you plan to make a fix for some of the small problems? The white textures is the only thing that bothers me.

Very nice weapons, a nice variety smile.gif

Here is a mini mission for them, just something i was playing around with for the purpose of shooting the nice guns (a single objective pulled from a diff mission). A description.ext is included for mission making (for choice in briefing), but i think i missed a handgun mag.

Hk Test

(coop)

Hi folks!

First: Yeah, sorry i completly forgot about the SoF2 textures i was inspired by biggrin.gif

But in the next update of the OFP: HK website i'm gonna credit them.. hopefully they don't sue me...

Second: I'm already working on an "Beauty Patch" fixing all the LOD problems mentioned by others..

Also the i will provide a fixed version compressed in an self-extractable ace archive tomorrow which will be far less in size then 15 MB..

Thanx and continue you feedback smile.gif i will try to work on your wishs wink.gif

Did I already said that I love you Vipersheart ? wow.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

P.S. About my previous post, I was wrong for the 7.62 ammo of the G3 and G3SG1, I tried at more close range to gain a good accuracy and theyr power is fine for the considered ammo.

Since two nights I can't stop playing little maps I did with your mod ! I had the same thing with Kegety's east weapons lol !

Vipersheart, your pack is great and I love creating little skirmishes between terrorists and GSG9 in the Nogova airbase etc.

One thing I did notice is that AI units armed with MP5's and P8's use their pistols instead of their MP5's, even at a distance. I was in a group of eight, all armed with MP5's and as soon as one of them spotted the enemy about 200 meters away they slung their sub's and pulled out their pistols. Only once they had used up all their pistol ammo did they resort back to their primary weapons. Is this a bug? confused.gif

Apart from that, great work. smile.gif

I have one comment on this otherwise excellent pack:

The terminal velocity of the bullets is way to slow in most weapons. When you use the G22 for instance it shoots in a ballistic arc at distances > 400 m. The velocity of the bullet should be increased at least tenfold.

Is it just me or is the oicw a cannon instead of a 20mm grenade launcher? I know it has much longer range but it should have some arc to it

I think it does have some arc to it, but have to shoot pretty far to notice. Go to desert isalnd with a viewdistance of around 1000m and try firing at the hill - the explosion will occur below the point of aim.

The OICW doesnt fire 20mm grenades. It fires a 20mm HE air-bursting ammunition. A grenade would be something like the 40mm m203, on the m16a2. This HE AB round has five times the lethality and twice the range as a m203 round.

Im still skeptical, however, that it will prove to be battle ready. time will tell, I suppose.

im not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the flag armpatches seem to hover a few inches from the accual sleeve. this add-on really is top notch and kudos to the Hk team!! can i recomend excluding the installer for the next version??

This pack rocks.

Two very large thumbs up to the HK team.

1. Next version (beauty patch) won't have an installer biggrin.gif

2. The G22 and all other rifles have realistic ballistic arches - 'cause they also have realistic max range and muzzle velocity values!! The point is that the G22 has a much larger zoom factor then e.g. the M21 - that's why you can see the ballistic arc better! tounge.gif

3. The floating armpatches and hands have something to do with the old MLOD soldier models I used as a basis of the pack confused.gif

4. The OICW's 20mm ammo has a very high muzzle velocity - that's why the arc is nearly like a normal 5.56 or 7.68 bullet..

5. The AI's preference for pistols is fixed in the beaty patch.. i messed somethign up with the pistol ammunition classes biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ Sep. 10 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. The G22 and all other rifles have realistic ballistic arches - 'cause they also have realistic max range and muzzle velocity values!! The point is that the G22 has a much larger zoom factor then e.g. the M21 - that's why you can see the ballistic arc better! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, that is under the assumption that OFP has gravity and air friction simulated correctly, which is doesent. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll give you a proper calculation smile.gif

Edit: I stand corrected. The L96 A1 has a muzzle velocity of about 800 m/s. I was under the impression that it was much higher. So the drop is correct smile.gif

Hey, the site says there will be a 1.46 compatible version. Are you going to release it soon?

I have a problem with the pack, many of the weapons shoot over the reticule, mostly while on full auto. Has anyone else encountered this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Sep. 07 2002,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Thats all....

<span id='postcolor'>

Not thats all.  biggrin.gif

+5 new keys in regedit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OFP: HK Name=UninstallString

"Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OFP: HK Name=DisplayName

"Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OFP: HK Name=Product

"Key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OFP: HK Name=UserCount

"Key=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\UserUninstall\OFP: HK Name=LogFile

<span id='postcolor'>

+1 uninstall log file

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">instlog.lsl<span id='postcolor'>

+1 *.exe file in the %windir% (Italian version. Stange)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">lsb_un20.exe<span id='postcolor'>

JUST for 1 file confused.gif

And uninstall don't work  tounge.gif

OUPS... Just the best HK Pack. BRAVO

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 10 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a problem with the pack, many of the weapons shoot over the reticule, mostly while on full auto. Has anyone else encountered this?<span id='postcolor'>

Ergh hm, what about the over shoot? Does this only affect me?