Sign in to follow this  
bogo

Iraq strike 'would open hell's gates'

Not talking about Nam, a war in which we should never have been in. We would have attacked them no matter what, thats pretty clear. wink.gif What has bush not prvided evidence for?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 08 2002,23:57)

Denoir you scare me. What Bush did was bomb the enemy.

That is also what Osama did with those airplanes. You have to put things in relative context, not just viewi things from your own perspective. Believe it or not, but not everybody in the world shares your opinions.

<span id='postcolor'>

I wish they all shared my opinions. tounge.gif Osama did do that, but he killed innocent civilians on purpose, the U.S. did not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 09 2002,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish they all shared my opinions. tounge.gif Osama did do that, but he killed innocent civilians on purpose, the U.S. did not.<span id='postcolor'>

I grant you that it is worse killing civilians on purpose. The net effect is however still the same. Do you think the relatives of those killed care if their loved ones were killed on purpose or "accidentally" by falling bombs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hello? earth to ralph? it's great that you found out that osama aint no moslem. but I for one would like to hear that from the imams at the university of cairo and not from a poster at this forum<span id='postcolor'>

so those ppl on NBCs dateline were liars? shows who is really out of touch. if you kept your caot hanger antennas up, you'd wat ch NUMEROUS moslem thinkers denounce BL's claim of himslef as a mula.

yes, I'm from LA, CA where rednecks like you can't survive more than 20 seconds. you might be living somewhere population is around 99% caucasian, but once you live in a city where it ain't so, you learn a lot of stuffs from different cultures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">al quaida is not moslem...

so what? then western capitals are under threat by a legion of crazed guys who think they are moslems. does that diminish the threat?

yours seems to be an all too typical case of political correct leftist denial.

<span id='postcolor'>

you seem to be clouded by clouds of bias. just becuase they think they are moslems do not make them legit moslem. just because you think something, doesn't mean that it is that.

you are the case of uninformed, biased rightist idiocy. wink.gif

i find it funny that some s.o.b. had 25 pipebombs and a .50cal rifle at his home, along with mpa of nearest moslem center, and he is not charged with terrorism.(search for "another terrorist caught" on this forum")

Okay, we have seen many arguments here, more substantial are the ones defending Iraq, but how about this:

If everyone here supporting a US attack on Iraq says it is beacuse he does not allow UN inspections (so he must be hidin something)...

is that it right?

...then why is the US taking UN resolutions into it's own hands. Even the UN is not suggesting an invasion of Iraq to help it's resolutions. What gives? Well I know what, but it's NOT that Iraq is a threat to the US.... BY ANY CHANCE.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 09 2002,00:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 08 2002,23:57)

That is also what Osama did with those airplanes. You have to put things in relative context, not just viewi things from your own perspective. Believe it or not, but not everybody in the world shares your opinions.

I wish they all shared my opinions. Osama did do that, but he killed innocent civilians on purpose, the U.S. did not.

<span id='postcolor'>

I think your holding your own very nicely Duke

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 09 2002,00:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 08 2002,23:57)

Edited by denoir on Sep. 09 2002,00:17 <span id='postcolor'>

And let's hope that not too many share yours.

What a twisted mentallity.

How do your view your things? From someone elses perspective? It seems to me that Duke is using his own perspective just like me. How nice and refreshing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 09 2002,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And let's hope that not too many share yours.

How do your view your things? From someone elses perspective?  It seems to me that Duke is using his own perspective just like me.  How nice and refreshing.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah..the wonderful american right win head in the sand isolationist mentality.

Anyone who doesnt think the way you do is 'twisted'

It is not the place of every other culture and society in the world to make themselves agreeable to you. It's a big world and there is nothing at all wrong with people believing in different things and living their lives in different ways. If you truly believe that it was just jealousy and hatred of 'the american way of life' that caused the 9/11 attacks, then I feel very sorry for you.

Here is a hint: The root of why people dislike America actually has very little to do with the American way of life or American freedoms.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 09 2002,01:15

Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 09 2002,01wow.gif9)

How do your view your things? From someone elses perspective? It seems to me that Duke is using his own perspective just like me. How nice and refreshing.

It is not the place of every other culture and society in the world to make themselves agreeable to you. It's a big world and there is nothing at all wrong with people believing in different things and living their lives in different ways. If you truly believe that it was just jealousy and hatred of 'the american way of life' that caused the 9/11 attacks, then I feel very sorry for you.

Here is a hint: The root of why people dislike America actually has very little to do with the American way of life or American freedoms.<span id='postcolor'>

Warrin, you should use your own standards when saying that anyone who doesn't think the way I do is twisted.

Apparantly, I am twisted because I don't agree with the majority of left wingers on this site. So be it.

Would the Europeans rather the US take our guns and go home? We could lock our borders and take care of ourselves and say screw the rest of the world. Who will you call the next time Saddam invades or uses WMD? The UN? That will be the day, as the UN is nothing militarily without the US.

All you guys do is bitch at the US. You should be thankful, even with it's faults, that we are the ones in power, not the Saddams' of the world.

I hear George Bush compared to Hitler on this site. That my friend is twisted. To compare the honarable President of the United States, (I say that because I know you all hate him) to Hitler truly shows ignorance and spite.

You can be indignant about posts here as much as you want. But in order to proof someone wrong you cannot simply refer to old tales such as: "one day the wolf will be knocking on YOUR door!"

Please dont forget: If the US (or the UN) attacks Iraq then we are the AGRESSORS and not Saddam. We will start a war simply because we consider someone to be a threat of the future. Why dont we attack China next. I am sure they are aiming their nuclear missiles at the pentagon too? You never know, prevention is better than reaction, isnt it?

"we are the ones in power not the Saddams of the world"

Welcome to the "axis of evil" paradise. You are a new member of the see-everything-in-black-and-white-federation!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 09 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 09 2002,01:15    

Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 09 2002,01wow.gif9)

How do your view your things? From someone elses perspective?  It seems to me that Duke is using his own perspective just like me.  How nice and refreshing.

It is not the place of every other culture and society in the world to make themselves agreeable to you.  It's a big world and there is nothing at all wrong with people believing in different things and living their lives in different ways.  If you truly believe that it was just jealousy and hatred of 'the american way of life' that caused the 9/11 attacks, then I feel very sorry for you.

Here is a hint: The root of why people dislike America actually has very little to do with the American way of life or American freedoms.<span id='postcolor'>

Warrin, you should use your own standards when saying that anyone who doesn't think the way I do is twisted.

Apparantly, I am twisted because I don't agree with the majority of left wingers on this site.  So be it.

Would the Europeans rather the US take our guns and go home?  We could lock our borders and take care of ourselves and say screw the rest of the world.  Who will you call the next time Saddam invades or uses WMD?  The UN?  That will be the day, as the UN is nothing militarily without the US.

All you guys do is bitch at the US.  You should be thankful, even with it's faults, that we are the ones in power, not the Saddams' of the world.

I hear George Bush compared to Hitler on this site.  That my friend is twisted.  To compare the honarable President of the United States, (I say that because I know you all hate him) to Hitler truly shows ignorance and spite.<span id='postcolor'>

I am a European and a conservative, I am not a liberal or a pacifict and while I am not always a strong supporter of the US I fully support their right to defend themselves, Britain I expect will help. You generalising about 'Europeans' is as wrong as people generalising about Americans, especialy as Europe isn't a country.

The comments came as Britain and the US raised the spectre of nuclear attacks by Iraq on major cities in Europe.

Mr Bush's national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, told the London Sunday Times that the next targets for terror attacks "wouldn't have to be New York or Washington - it could indeed be London or Berlin". She warned against international indecision over Saddam Hussein. "How long do you want to wait . . . until he's six months from a nuclear weapon again - or one month from a nuclear weapon?"

I quote this from a major Australian newspaper, the Age.

So, obviously Bush has forgoten the 300km range of the SCUD. Maybe this was something he convieniantly forgot? Oh! Thats right, a agent of evil is going to strol into London with a Nuclear bomb in his briefcase and place it outside The House of Parliment! How simple and easy, how could I forget?

Something tells me Bush and his allies are just trying to come up with poor excuses to get more firends to go die for them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 09 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 09 2002,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish they all shared my opinions. tounge.gif Osama did do that, but he killed innocent civilians on purpose, the U.S. did not.<span id='postcolor'>

I grant you that it is worse killing civilians on purpose. The net effect is however still the same. Do you think the relatives of those killed care if their loved ones were killed on purpose or "accidentally" by falling bombs?<span id='postcolor'>

If not to say that its more meaning in dying from something with a thought behind, than dying from ignorance - accidentally on purpose

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am a European and a conservative, I am not a liberal or a pacifict and while I am not always a strong supporter of the US I fully support their right to defend themselves, Britain I expect will help. You generalising about 'Europeans' is as wrong as people generalising about Americans, especialy as Europe isn't a country.

<span id='postcolor'>

Paratrooper, you have my apologies. I agree about Britain. Who else do you think may join?

Besides the pointless peronal arguments; US excuse for going in is that Iraq has not conformed to UN resolutions, and that it is a threat to the US.

AND

UN resolutions should be upheld by the UN, it is simply a UN matter.

There has been absolutely no proof that Iraq is a danger to the West. Like Denoir mentioned, what delivery system?

There has been no hostile statement or action by Iraq lately. (nature of Iraq attacking someone)

George W. Bush is possibly the worst American president of all time. Here's some of his typical policies:

1. Increased US dependence on coal and oil, even when faced with the current mideast crisis. Continues to support buying oil from states that sponsor terror.

2. Sheltered Enron, and continues to shelter Halliburton / arch-criminal mastermind Dick Cheney.

3. Wants to cut down more trees to save the forests from more forest fires. This was intended to sabotage the EPA, to eventually allow oil drilling in Alaska's protected wildlife refuges.

4. Insists on attacking Iraq for a quick profit, instead of dealing with Bin Laden (who is hiding in Pakistan) and the long term problem.

5. Has used false information to try to justify an attack on Iraq.

6. Appointed Ashcroft, a man who cannot deal with seeing classical naked Greek statues, and a man who wanted to eliminate the Constitution for the sake of better "security". What he really means is "order" ofcourse.

7. Funnels as much money as he can get his hands on into the corporate welfare of his constituents.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Sep. 09 2002,15wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5. Has used false information to try to justify an attack on Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree about that part. Where is th evidence? I have seen no evidence whatsoever that Hussien has WMD. And I doubt he is going to start raining Nukes down on top of Europe, whats he going to use? SCUDS are only good for dealing with targets inside Iraq or in near by countires. Im not saying I love Hussien, but I dont think this is been done right. Bush is going to waste him for a reason that he has no proof about.

"If Sadam can get nukes, we need to get him."

So, America is allowed to have WMD's but others are not? Oh, let me rephrase that. America and her allies are allowed, but noone else. Well, talk about a doublestandard. No wonder people have problems taking stuff like that seriously.

"I wish they all shared my opinions.  Osama did do that, but he killed innocent civilians on purpose, the U.S. did not."

Neither did Osama if you want to go along that line. It was simply what America usually refers to as "collateral damage". Sure, civilians died, but the targets were the WTC and Pentagon buildings. Not Osama's fault America protects those places by putting them in cities, filled with people.

(PS. That was a sarcastic parallel as I have heard the exact same arguements presented when Americans kill civilians in bombings)

"I bet you know not one christian bomb builder or mass murderer. so where's the christian threat to your enlightened civilization?"

Ever heard of IRA? Timothy McVeigh? The KKK? The mob? All of them christians. All killers of civilians. Most of them considered terrorists.

And then ofcourse we have all the christian warmongers and madmen. Stalin, Hitler and so on. And other politicians of great power that like to meddle in places they don't belong, like Bush.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 09 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, chemical and biological weapons are WMD, and he has those, or at least chemical weapons<span id='postcolor'>

The US has enough WMD to blast us outa the solar system, and there've been the only ppl to use them, and on civilains and twice. Sum one said sadam was worse than the serbs but the figures of the musliums killed by the serbs is around 2million, alot of it was caught on tv as civilains were killin live.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Sep. 09 2002,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US has enough WMD to blast us outa the solar system, and there've been the only ppl to use them, and on civilains and twice. Sum one said sadam was worse than the serbs but the figures of the musliums killed by the serbs is around 2million, alot of it was caught on tv as civilains were killin live.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, whats your point? The bloodiest war in history ended a few million lives short of its fated quota, and Slobo is on trial in the Hague. Am I missing something?

Besides, as it is, I oppose the US taking military action against Saddam, at this time, and under these circumstances. I do think, however, that if he tries to do anything past rattling the proverbial sabers with Bush, we should send a LGB through his bedroom window.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 09 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would the Europeans rather the US take our guns and go home?  We could lock our borders and take care of ourselves and say screw the rest of the world.  Who will you call the next time Saddam invades or uses WMD?  The UN?  That will be the day, as the UN is nothing militarily without the US.<span id='postcolor'>

You couldn't do it. U.S. is not even nearly self-sufficient. Loads and loads of goods are imported to U.S. every day. Like it or not, you're on the mercy of trade.

If you locked your country up, you'd be fucked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Sep. 09 2002,09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 09 2002,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, chemical and biological weapons are WMD, and he has those, or at least chemical weapons<span id='postcolor'>

The US has enough WMD to blast us outa the solar system, and there've been the only ppl to use them, and on civilains and twice. Sum one said sadam was worse than the serbs but the figures of the musliums killed by the serbs is around 2million, alot of it was caught on tv as civilains were killin live.<span id='postcolor'>

What??! 2 million??? Are you crazy? Try two hundered thousand. And that includes *all* the casulties on all sides for the wars in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo.