Sign in to follow this  
goose4291

Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (SDV): Too Easily Detected

I've just been tinkering in the mission editor and noticed something.

I was 200m underwater at night, pushing my way into Altis bay when I heard what sounded like loud explosions

Bringing myself slowly up to Periscope depth I found that one of the AI choppers had somehow detected me from a kilometer away and was now strafing for all it was worth the water above my beloved SDV, and had been the whole time.

The detection ranges on the SDV as a vehicle need to be addressed, particularly when it's gone deep.

Agreed, and while we're on the subject of detection on things that are hard to spot. I think the SDV and any stealthchoppers/jets should have some form of actual stealth implemented, maybe unable to detect them until they get within a certain close range or something. I guess the tab lock isn't helping with that, but might be fun to brainstorm for ideas.

Having a chopper with some form of sonar and torpedo's or something would obviously make stuff a lot more intresting xD Doubt BIS will go that far on their own though :P

Has anyone found a solution to this issues. Using the SDV with any type of enemy air on patrol is useless. Takes away something. Should I perhaps have the enemy patrol on Safe or Careless?

Has anyone found a solution to this issues. Using the SDV with any type of enemy air on patrol is useless. Takes away something. Should I perhaps have the enemy patrol on Safe or Careless?

Perhaps

sdv setcaptive "true"

might work?

YES!

This should be a Ticket. Noticed this ourselves. Enemy will spot you underwater WAY too easy.

I tried everything. I am assuming that OPFOR gun boats, helicopters and bunny rabbits, have super powerful built in sonar.

I can't remember where but IIRC there's a bug in A3 which means that AI see through water, i.e. water doesn't hinder their vision they way it should.