Sign in to follow this  
biggerdave

HSO ArmA 3 SLA pack

Do you plan on doing the arma 2 civi's along with the chedaki?

Maybe - I want to add "armed civilians" for the guerilla groups, so it'd be very easy to do plain civilians while I'm at it.

Hello there

I think im a little bit in love with you.

Splendid work indeed.

RACS, both BI and mod form are my favourite.

I like your take on making them modern but not too modern.

Stop whatever you are doing with the rest of your life and concentrate on getting these out there.

Good stuff.

Rgds

LoK

A quick update for today, here's some RACS reservists, with M1 Helmets and SLRs. Gangnam Style!

Set6_GS_Reservist.jpg

Also, regarding the alternate camo schemes, I've written a script that can change this:

Set6_Before.jpg

into this: (while still respecting the inventory of BDUs/Vests)

Set6_After.jpg

There'll be one for each of the alternate camos, and probably some kind of Sun Bunnies scheme for the CDF to use on greener islands.

Stop whatever you are doing with the rest of your life and concentrate on getting these out there.

Right, Sir! *stops breathing*

I love what your doing, I cant wait to see what else you bring to the fight, I had a few questions though as i couldnt really zoom in on the pics of the RACS are the caps, patrol caps or ball caps?, and what kind of vehicles could we expect to see if you plan on releasing a few, sorry if this has already been covered i just did a quick search through here and didnt see anything.

I can assume all of the original vehicles might be included, but any extras, like a huey for the racs or a pandur from the ACR DLC.

I love what your doing, I cant wait to see what else you bring to the fight, I had a few questions though as i couldnt really zoom in on the pics of the RACS are the caps, patrol caps or ball caps?, and what kind of vehicles could we expect to see if you plan on releasing a few, sorry if this has already been covered i just did a quick search through here and didnt see anything.

I can assume all of the original vehicles might be included, but any extras, like a huey for the racs or a pandur from the ACR DLC.

RACS have baseball caps, because that's how they roll. (pretty much only used by royal commandos)

I don't want to talk too much about vehicles right now, because I haven't really started them, so what I've got planned probably isn't going to be too indicative of what'll end up being released. Huey's definitely going to be used by RACS, and I'm thinking of a Pandur for the CDF (it'll be different from the Gorgon)

Edited by BiggerDave

Thanks for answering my question, I hope to get a hold of these on release, and I'd love to be a help even if it's only suggestions.

are you going to put this on sixlauncher on release?

...probably?

I haven't really looked into hosting yet. Usually I just throw something on whatever free sharing service is hot at the moment and see what happens :p

Hey mate,

These units look awesome, can't wait to get them into Sahrani.

cheers

I've been quiet these last few weeks, haven't I?

So, funny story, I arbitrarily decided that my BDU model was the worst thing ever and could never be released to the world, and... I scrapped pretty much all of the soldier models. (read: around 50% of all the work I've done over the past few months.) Given how the models were set up beforehand (simply put, every soldier used the same base, save for the dress officers), this means that everything has been broken. But fear not, for I have been taken ill, and therefore am at my most industrious. So I present to you, the new soldier models!

Set7_01.jpg

Set7_02.jpg

Set7_03.jpg

Set7_04.jpg

Set7_05.jpg

(need to fix those boots)

...yeah I know, they look almost exactly the same. I sometimes wonder if I couldn't have spent that time doing something a bit more productive =\ If nothing else, I've got better at using Splendid Camera!

(No pictures of the guerillas because I have to redo... er... *counts on fingers*... lots of textures...)

On an unrelated note - does anyone know what I need to do to make things work with Zeus, if anything? (tried it in the editor, nothing showed up. not sure if I just didn't set things up properly in the mission or if I need to mess around with configs)

...yeah I know, they look almost exactly the same. I sometimes wonder if I couldn't have spent that time doing something a bit more productive =\ If nothing else, I've got better at using Splendid Camera!

I don't know if are the new textures or your improved skill with the Splendid Camera, but they look way better to me. Have you changed the SLA helmet?

On an unrelated note - does anyone know what I need to do to make things work with Zeus, if anything? (tried it in the editor, nothing showed up. not sure if I just didn't set things up properly in the mission or if I need to mess around with configs)

I've got the same issue with my dudes, but I took a look at SixConfig for the vanilla characters and there's a "cost" thing in the config now.

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/I_crew_F/config?version=72

So I guess that's what assigns the cost for Zeus. Not sure if there's anything else.

I don't know if are the new textures or your improved skill with the Splendid Camera, but they look way better to me. Have you changed the SLA helmet?

The textures are higher resolution, or more accurately, they're the same resolution (2048*2048), but the actual objects on the UVMap are bigger, so they'll look higher resolution ingame.

I've got the same issue with my dudes, but I took a look at SixConfig for the vanilla characters and there's a "cost" thing in the config now.

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/I_crew_F/config?version=72

So I guess that's what assigns the cost for Zeus. Not sure if there's anything else.

I think that's been in since OFP (it was used for calculating score at the end of scenarios). If it's only been added to the A3 classes in the latest update it's could be used by Zeus, though. :confused:

And Zeus came out recently so there aren't any tutorials. Oh well.

This is one of the mods I am looking forward the most. One idea:

Release a standard pack with the Sahrani Factions and another with the rest, if it gets too big there might be a problem (installing to servers etc)

thx for ur work

This is one of the mods I am looking forward the most. One idea:

Release a standard pack with the Sahrani Factions and another with the rest, if it gets too big there might be a problem (installing to servers etc)

thx for ur work

There's a bit too much intermixing for that to realistically work (ie, some weapons are used by both the CDF and SLA and the guerillas use a mix of all the conventional forces BDU models). It's a good idea, but ultimately it'd mean either complicating the installation process (which I've learned the hard way is a bad idea :p ) or just having a load of duplicate files (which kinda defeats the point).

He may be a God to you, but he's no Zeus to me!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dakra/Zeus01.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dakra/Zeus02.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dakra/Zeus03.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/Dakra/Zeus04.jpg

(For those interested, to get them working all you have to do is add the classes in the cfgpatches at the beginning. Something that before now has never been important, and even BIS didn't do it, so... yeah... :p )

Nice looking units BiggerDave! Is there any chance that you could also give us some RACS in god ol´ "chocolate chip" and maybe some in plain tan? Also I´m wondering if you plan to add police units to the RACS, SLA and CDF.

Any news? i just can't wait to reinstall ArmA 3 for these troops

Progress has been slowed by Steam's automatic updating of the tools. Continually having to set up Buldozer has driven me to madness. I find myself forced to seek council on all my decisions with Lord Fufflebutts, a cyclopian horror from beyond the depths of the Ocean wearing a pink bunnyrabbit onesie.

Nice looking units BiggerDave! Is there any chance that you could also give us some RACS in god ol´ "chocolate chip" and maybe some in plain tan? Also I´m wondering if you plan to add police units to the RACS, SLA and CDF.

Chocolate Chip: Yes.

Tan: Sort of (there's plain tan tanksuits, but not a full set of equipment)

Police: Maybe eventually. I do have plans for them, but there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done first.

Heh, and here I am never having learned how to set up Buldozer at all.

Progress has been slowed by Steam's automatic updating of the tools. Continually having to set up Buldozer has driven me to madness. I find myself forced to seek council on all my decisions with Lord Fufflebutts, a cyclopian horror from beyond the depths of the Ocean wearing a pink bunnyrabbit onesie.

There is no way to have an stable version? Your work is really good, deserves to be released soon :p

SOON.jpg

Literally 3 things left on my to-do list. Expect a preliminary release (basically an unsigned final beta) sometime this week, and a full release, let's say next Monday. Maybe earlier, if there's no huge bugs, and my computer doesn't explode or anything (it has been making some funny noises recently...)