Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Earthquake in la

we just had an earthquake in LA a few minutes ago. felt like somewhere near 3.0-4.0 range in Richter scale.

it was a short tremble and it shook my PC monitor and speakers.

just to let you know biggrin.gif

and as always another aftershock..about a second long and mere 3.0 is my guess...

the first one almost made me jump out cause i was sneaking into russian base tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 03 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">somewhere btw 4 and 5 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've been through one of those once in my life, in Haifa, about 18 years ago. wow.gif Shivers! wow.gif

this is a very 'normal' experience in LA. biggrin.giftounge.gif

the last one that was this big was Sept. 1999, around end of month. i was sleeping and the earth shook. i decided to just keep sleeping in, but my roommate ran to the hallway and stood there. i finally got up after he started yelling at me. by the time i got next to him, it was over biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 03 2002,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Select an intensity.<span id='postcolor'>

Annoying page. Had to manually kill my mozilla. mad.gif

(I picked the level 11 and my browser just wouldn't stop shaking! tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Sep. 03 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 03 2002,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Select an intensity.<span id='postcolor'>

Annoying page. Had to manually kill my mozilla.  mad.gif

(I picked the level 11 and my browser just wouldn't stop shaking!  tounge.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe it wasn't your browser! wow.gif

In Sept. 99 I was in a big-ish Earthquake in Athens, 5.9 Richter confused.gif That, and the huge one in Turkey 2 weeks before brought Turkey and us closer smile.gif

5.9 was dead scary....and the aftershocks were in the 4 to 5 range for 14 hours wow.gif

We had a few tremmors where I was in Italy. Sometimes we get them in Britain but they are just mines collapsing or gas movement.

Couple of months ago there was a small earthquake here in The Netherlands. Small but you could feel it. That's what they said cause I was still asleep when it happend so didn't felt a thing. smile.gif

I didn't even wake up.

Here is a complete list of the earthquakes in the Los Angeles area for the last week, complete with location, depth, and intensity.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't even wake up.

Here is a complete list of the earthquakes in the Los Angeles area for the last week, complete with location, depth, and intensity.<span id='postcolor'>

yup, there it is...4.6 from Yorba Linda.

and FYI, Nixon's library is located in Yorba Linda smile.gif

so it's actually stronger than i thought...

nope....

it's not like we are going to have another Northridge. besides, all the weather and women with implants make up for it.(but down side is traffic..but ican live with that biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 03 2002,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any of you ever consider packing and running? confused.gif  wow.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Were to? I'd rather deal with the earthquakes, fires, floods, mudslides, riots, smog, and traffic congestion than the... ah, um, -- never mind...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 03 2002,09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's not like we are going to have another Northridge.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure how many people overseas know what Ralph is referring to, but the Northridge Quake was the most recent big disaster to hit Los Angeles. It was a magnitude 6.7 quake back in '94, and caused death and destruction throughout the city.

And yes, there will be another Northridge, Ralph, it is only a question of time...

could be fun to pas through a low magnitude earthquake

although i've never tried .... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Were to? I'd rather deal with the earthquakes, fires, floods, mudslides, riots, smog, and traffic congestion than the... ah, um, -- never mind...<span id='postcolor'>

We are talking abot LA, remember? tounge.gif

I woke up just before it happend cause I was cold and my covers werent on me. Just as i pulled them up the earthquake it. Didnt think to much of it at the time. after it was over i went straight back to sleep.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Sep. 04 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I woke up just before it happend cause I was cold and my covers werent on me. Just as i pulled them up the earthquake it. Didnt think to much of it at the time. after it was over i went straight back to sleep.<span id='postcolor'>

typical Angelino's reaction biggrin.gif

LOL. Ive slept through most earthquakes in my life. I heard alot of dogs barking too. I thought for a second i saw my dog bouncing off the walls. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. Ive slept through most earthquakes in my life. I heard alot of dogs barking too. I thought for a second i saw my dog bouncing off the walls. <span id='postcolor'>

You probably did. wink.gif