Sign in to follow this  
munger

Battlesounds 1.1 - request for a host

I've created v1.1 of my Battlesounds soundpack and I need somewhere to host it. Ideally I would like to email the zip (26MB) so if anyone can take emails of this size it would help.

New features in the mod include:

-new pistol and rifle sounds for all Resistance weapons

-M16 and AK sounds from Dynamic Range

-new fuel explosion sound

-new go prone sound

-new rearm/tank reload sound

-new jeep engine sound

-new get out of vehicle sound

-various tweaks to several other sounds

Any offers would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

PitViper, I actually have 30 megs of FTP space from my ISP but it won't allow zips or exe's because of potential viruses. Completely crap in other words.

AntiChrist, I've PM'd you regarding possible hosting. Cheers. smile.gif

Yes but you can FTP to friendly web-space providers, such as www.flashpoint.ru

All you need is their ftp info + write privilige, and Internet Explorer.

smile.gif

First offer smile.gif Change that explosion sound from grenade sound to something more LOUD and BIG. And change Shilka\Vulcan fire to something better (for exaple Satchels pack sound)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Sep. 03 2002,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">grenade sound to something more LOUD and BIG.<span id='postcolor'>

ever fired a fragmentation grenade of your life ?

Stalker, the Shilka sound is already the Dynamic Range one. It's a real sample from a Shilka firing the four 23mm guns. Unfortunately it's also used by nearly every other gatling weapon in the game because of the OFP sound engine. I chose it because it was the best general sound of a rotary gun firing that I could find. I'm constantly tweaking the pack though so maybe I'll use a different one before I upload it somewhere.

As for the grenade explosion, I won't change it because I know it's realistic. In real life grenades don't make huge booming Hollywood explosions, they make a short, sharp crack sound usually followed by the noise of debris falling. I think the one I used represents this quite well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 03 2002,13:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the grenade explosion, I won't change it because I know it's realistic. In real life grenades don't make huge booming Hollywood explosions, they make a short, sharp crack sound usually followed by the noise of debris falling. I think the one I used represents this quite well.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree completely. Grenade sounds are not that BIG (depending on distance) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 03 2002,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PitViper, I actually have 30 megs of FTP space from my ISP but it won't allow zips or exe's because of potential viruses. Completely crap in other words.

AntiChrist, I've PM'd you regarding possible hosting. Cheers.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Munger, why dont you try renaming the file with a different file extension, or remove it from the name altogether, never know it might work. Whenever ppl download it, they can rename it back to its original file type again themselves.

BAM.

That's what I thought of, then I realized... http type transfers examine the file header when you send a file over... they don't look at the extension. smile.gif

If that's not the case, renaming should do it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but the bandwidth limitations pretty much rule out my ISP provided site anyway.

I'll PM you as well Hovmand. smile.gif

MUNGER!

Please do not, I repeat DO NOT use Satchel's AK and m16 Sound in your new version of your soundpack.

I loved your Battlesounds 1.0, the m16 sounded great and the ak of original resistance is good as well. Satchel's sounds sound like someone's striking a match.

Alternately give instructions how do remove satchels sounds from your pack and include the original ones.

THX

Mailor and Antichrist....Are yall out of your MIND!?!?!

The Ak and M-16 sounds from Satchels pack were ON the MONEY. Have you ever heard the difference between the two weapons? Those sounds where as close to being real without being there. Munger, I look forawrd in trying out your soundpack bro. Please post a URL or link as to where i can get it. Keep up the awesome work man. biggrin.gif

actually they're not-although ive only been on a range once there was alot of 5.56 mm weapons firing-and they actually make more of a "popping" sound-like fireworks, the one with resistance are more like this, i remember the satchel sounds being more of a crack.

Urgh. I knew this would happen. confused.gif Personally I also prefer the sounds in my original mod to Satchel's as I think Satchel's have too much echo and sound far too alike, but as I've said before sound effects are a very subjective issue.

Well, there's only one solution, and that is to create two versions of the soundpack. This is no problem for me (in fact I've already done it), but it could be a problem for hosts as it will double the space required just for a few hundred k's worth of samples. It would also confuse the majority of users who see two versions and don't understand what the differences are between them.

How about one host has one version and one host has another? Hovmand, I'll email you the Satchel version and AntiChrist can have the one with the original sounds. Then I'll link to both in my sig. smile.gif

YAHOO!!! smile.gif

Gonna fetch it from Antichrist then smile.gif

Thx a lot Munger, your work is appreciated by all of us wink.gif

Sometime tonight, depending on how busy my connection is (it's shared between several PC's and I only have a 64K ISDN connection).

Curse you British Telecom for not providing ADSL in my area! mad.gif

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 03 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for the grenade explosion, I won't change it because I know it's realistic. In real life grenades don't make huge booming Hollywood explosions, they make a short, sharp crack sound usually followed by the noise of debris falling. I think the one I used represents this quite well.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not talking about GRENADE EXPLOSION sound. I'm talking about shell and BMP missile explosion sound. It sounds the same as grenade.

It's not the same sound as the grenade explosion, since it's a real sound from an anti-tank missile hitting the ground. wink.gif