brians200

Randomly generated roadside IEDs

brians200

Sad to hear you won't be developing it any-more... it's been really good fun for me to use and impliment and LOTS of fun seeing people blown up !! lol

I hope someone as smart as you picks it up and can keep up the good work !!

p.s. Good luck with the job... sounds exciting !

can anyone tell me how i can remove these Markers from the map?

So nobody should see where the IED is?

thx

Hello,

Make sure you set these two variables to the following in Ied_Settings.sqf

EPD_IED_debug = false;

hideIedSectionMarkers = true;

Hey all,

Question. How would I make it so the markets that pop up dont exaclty pinpoint an ied but rather give a general idea to where and ied has been reported? is it possible to have a random ied drop a marker saying Possible IED reported in area and creates a side mission to go disarm it, giving you a time to complete it in or you intel on it disapears and maybe 20 minutes later a different ied pops?

Cheers

The markers that show you exactly where the ieds are are only show to the player that passes the isServer check (The dedicated host box or the player running the server).

Additionally, they only show up if you are using debug mode, (EPD_IED_debug = true; in Ied_Settings.sqf)

The script will only hide your original ied area marker if this variable is set to true, so you can easily make that marker while creating the mission and it will stay there. hideIedSectionMarkers = true;

The script also allows you to create and delete ieds during the mission, so you can easily implement what you wanted.

Is there a way to modify this script to not use roads, but buildings? I'm using FSF Duyia (probably butchered the spelling) and it doesn't have any roads... lol.

Right now you can use all these different objects as IED's, but I really want to use actual mines for some of my missions while still keeping the insane and awesome effect that this script offers. I tried replacing the objects array with an array of explosives, but obviously that didn't work. Is there a way this can be implemented?

Right now, the script uses createVehicle to create the objects, so that is why mine type objects don't work.

You could try using createMine?

I will warn you though, you will have 2 disarm options, one being the ied and one being the default in the game. Last time I tried, the default one in the game would throw an error. It also will not deactivate the IED when you pick the default one as the script knows nothing about the objects.

Heres a question I can't figure out. I'd like to make a task where you have to disarm a certain number of IED's to complete it. I know have to script everything in the task but the IED conditions. How could I get a trigger to fire after say, two IED's are disarmed?

See the "Checking the status of a section of IEDs" on the front page. You can retrieve how many ied's have been disarmed, how many have been blown up, and how many remain in an IED section.

It is also briefly covered in the tutorial video here.

Oh don't I always feel like a total doofus when my question has been answered before. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Sometimes I get overwhelmed sifting through forums and miss stuff.

Hey guys.

I'm currently working on a mission where I'm trying to include the EPD script on a dedicated NFO server.

Problem: IEDs (no IED marker on the debug) are showing on dedicated server (they are showing in editor preview)

Things I've tried:

-multiple missions including the template mission that comes with the EPD script download

-disabled all mods on server

The debug markers only show up to the person who passes the isServer check, which is nobody on a dedicated mission. Using the debug console, type "iedDictionary" into one of the fields. If a bunch of random text appears, it is working.

The debug markers only show up to the person who passes the isServer check, which is nobody on a dedicated mission. Using the debug console, type "iedDictionary" into one of the fields. If a bunch of random text appears, it is working.

ah thanks a ton I'll give it a try

Since the last update of ArmA III, the models of IED are invisible, it's only for me or...? :(

Are you using Alive? Because, for some reason, the latest version of Alive does something with anything which has "enablesimulation false", rendering it invisible. I'm not sure what or why, but it happened with my VAS box until I turned on simulation. The IEDs have simulation disabled also...

Yes, ALiVE currently breaks this due to their new logistics script. However they're aware and working on a fix as far as I know.

SJ

Has anyone tried using the IED objects in the zeus modules? I have managed to get the classname, well at least it should be:-

"IEDLandBig_F"

"IEDUrbanBig_F"

"IEDLandSmall_F"

"IEDUrbanSmall_F"

None of these however appear if called with the IED script. Its a shame if these objects cannot be used, i think they would be ideal. Just to mention the above posts aswell, i'm not running ALiVE.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

If I remember correctly, they can only be created using the createmine command and not the createvehicle command, which this script uses. At one point, somebody was making ied models for this script, but I have not heard from him in some time. That being said, if somebody created some, they should work as long as they can be created using createvehicle.

That's a shame brians, hopefully something can be sorted in the future.

Until we get a fully fledged IED mod, i just have to say thank you for this. It at least gets us half way there.

P.S I'm assuming its out of the scope of the script, to remove all normal objects from the IED arrays and use just the IED objects, with createMine instead of createVehicle?

It shouldn't be too hard to change it over, but there are some complications. The ieds have their own disarm option, so there will now be two disarm options. The built in one will not disable this script and vice versa. I don't know if it has been updated since I last tried, but the built in ieds threw script errors when you tried to disarm them. There is also the magic red triangle that will be drawn on them.

The 2 object creation lines are here.

https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-IED/blob/master/EPD/IED/CreationFunctions.sqf#L160

https://github.com/Brians200/EPD-IED/blob/master/EPD/IED/CreationFunctions.sqf#L214

I am not sure what else you would need to change without looking into it. You definitely won't be able to use normal objects anymore, at least not without some logic.

That being said, I stopped working on this a while ago.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs&p=2713536&viewfull=1#post2713536

stupid queston but i cant figure it out

how do i get independent units to trigger the ied's.