glowbal

Combat Medical System 0.5 Released

Brandon, you will have to bind a key inside that userconfig for cms to work.

Find this line inside the client.hpp (open it with notepad)

CMS_INTERACTION_MENU_KEY = 219;

Change the 219 to a number below depending on the key you want to use then save the file

ESC = 1

F1 = 59

F2 = 60

F3 = 61

F4 = 62

F5 = 63

F6 = 64

F7 = 65

F8 = 66

F9 = 67

F10 = 68

F11 = 87

F12 = 88

PRINT = 183

SCROLL = 70

PAUSE = 197

^ = 41

1 = 2

2 = 3

3 = 4

4 = 5

5 = 6

6 = 7

7 = 8

8 = 9

9 = 10

0 = 11

? = 12

? = 13

? = 26

? = 39

? = 40

# = 43

< = 86

, = 51

. = 52

- = 53

+ = NOT DEFINED

POS1 = 199

TAB = 15

ENTER = 28

DELETE = 211

BACKSPACE = 14

INSERT = 210

END = 207

PAGEUP = 201

PAGEDOWN = 209

CAPS = 58

A = 30

B = 48

C = 46

D = 32

E = 18

F = 33

G = 34

H = 35

I = 23

J = 36

K = 37

L = 38

M = 50

N = 49

O = 24

P = 25

Q = 16

U = 22

R = 19

S = 31

T = 20

V = 47

W = 17

X = 45

Y = 44

Z = 21

SHIFTL = 42

SHIFTR = 54

UP = 200

DOWN = 208

LEFT = 203

RIGHT = 205

NUM_0 = 82

NUM_1 = 79

NUM_2 = 80

NUM_3 = 81

NUM_4 = 75

NUM_5 = 76

NUM_6 = 77

NUM_7 = 71

NUM_8 = 72

NUM_9 = 73

NUM_+ = 78

NUM = 69

NUM_/ = 181

NUM_* = 55

NUM_- = 74

NUM_, = 83

NUM_ENTER = 156

STRGL = 29

STRGR = 157

WINL = 220

WINR = 219

ALT = 56

SPACE = 57

ALTGR = 184

APP = 221

Is this coded in yet? I kept a tourniquet on for 20min in SP and was still able to walk, run etc. I wasnt even hurt, so no morphine either.

If it is, how do you remove the CAT anyway? I just see the logo in the overview.

Thanks, love the features. The crew can finaly put some basic medical stuff on themselfs while flying :cool:

Best regards

No, what you have just quoted is something that combat medics are taught not to do. TCCC guidelines suggests any form of nerve palsy is rare (around 6%) with no limb amputation or loss to date. The tourniquet just should cause pain and if it doesn't then you're correct that it is a small bug. Nice find.

THANK YOU SO MUCH that worked happy hunting my friend Thanks again!!! This mod!! What can i say its the coolest thing ever!!! good work really well done !! couldnt be happier right Now

hey guys this CMS is awsome :D

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

hey guys, i seem to have a slight issue with the CMS nothing major, but is their a way to edit the damage, what i mean is if you get hit with a bomb or shot in the head you should die instantly but if you get shot anywhere else then you have more chance of surviving with the medics, sorry if that dose not make any sense? ha :D

how would i go about doing that mate? im not an expert on scripting dude ha :P i know ppl wo know more about it,

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

I love CMS but is their any way to edit the damage taken to the head as it would be cool if u get shot in the head you die instantly

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

I love CMS but is their any way to edit the damage taken to the head as it would be cool if u get shot in the head you die instantly

Try adding in your own portion via tps to increase the damage done?

Increasing damage done is not possible - you can however hook in and determine when someone should die.

You can indeed do this through the TPS.

The eventhandler you will want is: cms_handleDamage

Comes with the following parameters:

_unit, The unit that activates the eventhandler

_selectionName, body part

_amountOfDamageCor, the newly added damage.

_sourceOfDamage, object where the damage originated from

_typeOfProjectile, type of damage (round type etc)

To get the full damage of a unit use this:

_damage = [_unit,"cse_statusBodyParts"] call cse_fnc_getvariable; // output: array. Head, torso, arms, legs.

Hope this helps.

Combat Medical System

Version: 0.5.12

Author: CMS Team

We appreciate the feedback and bug reports you provided us with over the last few weeks since release. Therefore, we have taken some time to resolve some of the more serious bugs reported to us.

Download

Dev-Heaven / withSix

Dropbox

Changelog

fixed: Bug #73551: Flashing injury list in vehicle UI

fixed: Bug #73572: Morphine blur does not clear after medkit

fixed: Bug #73573: people getting morphine overdose blur after one morphine

fixed: Bug #73574: Atropine should decrease HR not increase

fixed: morphine effect did not get removed by medkit

fixed: csm_sys_ui hook got called and immediately afterwards the lb got cleared.

fixed: Effects do no longer run on HC

fixed: undefined script errors when using latest BETA

changed: morphine effect now decreases over time

changed: Can now spend a longer time while having pain without passing out

new: Feature #73670: CAT removal

new: Additional parameter to resolve Bug #73609 (CMS_DISABLE_INPUT_ON_UNCONSCIOUS). Use with care!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Ummmm....

http://acls-algorithms.com/bradycardia

There are 3 medications that are used in the Bradycardia ACLS Algorithm. They are atropine, dopamine (infusion), and epinephrine (infusion).

I'm a little rusty on my ACLS... thankfully haven't had to ever use it... but that kinda looks wrong to me.

Ummmm....

http://acls-algorithms.com/bradycardia

There are 3 medications that are used in the Bradycardia ACLS Algorithm. They are atropine, dopamine (infusion), and epinephrine (infusion).

I'm a little rusty on my ACLS... thankfully haven't had to ever use it... but that kinda looks wrong to me.

I agree, been a paramedic for 12 years now, and don't think I've seen atropine used to "decrease" HR.

Adenosine could be administered for stable tachycardia to try and convert the rhythm.

There is some discussion on low dose Adenosine causing paradoxical bradycardia but that is probably outside of the intent of this mod.

It's enough to be said that Atropine would be administered to get things going again, not stop them.

After reading the readme, I think your intention was to use Adenosine as it is indeed used to convert tachycardia. To an uninitiated eye, I can see how the two would get crossed up and in our crash carts they are nowhere near each other for that reason alone.

P.S. I am an RN and ACLS certified, I am not claiming to be an expert, just knowledgeable. My intent is not to criticize but rather to help make an great mod even better.

Edited by lawndartleo
moar stuff

Any chance for a port on Arma 3 ? My clan would really want to use it :D

We are currently working on that and other features. Thanks for the question and the fact that you're enjoying the mod.

After reading the readme, I think your intention was to use Adenosine as it is indeed used to convert tachycardia. To an uninitiated eye, I can see how the two would get crossed up and in our crash carts they are nowhere near each other for that reason alone.

P.S. I am an RN and ACLS certified, I am not claiming to be an expert, just knowledgeable. My intent is not to criticize but rather to help make an great mod even better.

You are right that slipped through our hands, we will fix it. Atropine works by inhibiting the action of the parasympathetic nervous system allowing for unchallenged sympathetic response. It successfully blocks the action of the vagus nerve on the heart, increases the rate of the SA node, conduction through the AV node and blocks exocrine gland activity. So, it directly increases heart rate, and indications for use include bradycardia.

Adenosine was queried but not implemented. We want to stick to combat medic medications, flight medic capacities as much as possible therefore ACLS kind of slips away. If we do implement these drugs they will be for the indications the real-world states. Thanks for the comments, you're helping us because small errors just slipped through the whole process of things. :)

EDIT: P.S. It is Tactical Combat Casualty Care not Trauma, in the OP, we will fix this too. Thanks for noticing to the person on Armaholic!

Edited by Rye

From a professional standpoint.... what does a TCCC crash cart look like inventory wise or is it the same as any crash cart that would be found in a hospital setting or rescue squad. Sorry to go off topic.

From a professional standpoint.... what does a TCCC crash cart look like inventory wise or is it the same as any crash cart that would be found in a hospital setting or rescue squad. Sorry to go off topic.

In an MTF (or CASH) the crash cart would be very similar, yes. The primary difference is the environment and therefore how they can interact with the environment. Combat medics can do more in ways of trauma that we can do, with quicker response times and specific 'target injuries' so to speak (for example immediate haemorrhaging). On-Line Medical Control under physician guidance expands into procedures you wouldn't usually do prehospital, i.e. tube thoracostomy, field blood transfusions, even field appendectomies. Combat medics have very targeted responses to trauma so they know exactly what they are doing.

There are numerous resuscitation drugs carried by combat medics, flight medics and PJs. With the latter they carry just what paramedics carry and more*. But because the main focus [in terms of arrests] is a traumatic arrest then ACLS guidelines are less reliable and not initially undertaken, the reversal of the cause and complimentary factors is the real goal before focusing anywhere else. In TCCC there is no CPR in the first initial phases of care and anyone requiring CPR is considered to be dead in the first place. The only reliable point where CPR will be conducted is during extraction care, in a CCP or in a MEDEVAC/CASEVAC vehicle.

For example if a soldier is apneic and pulseless on the battlefield they are considered dead and ignored while the firefight continues. If a soldier is pulseless on the battlefield they are considered dead and ignored. If they are apneic but they have a pulse, then they are open to be resuscitated but only when the firefight allows. So, you're opening within new criteria for when and when not to resuscitate someone due to immediate dangers in the environment.

Reversible causes in this setting include hypovolemia secondary to a haemorrhage, airway obstruction, poor ventilation and pneumothoraces. Combat medics typically do not carry defibrillators or take an ECG (compared with a QRF or MERT as examples where that differs). Cardiac dysrhythmias are not the priority on the ground. But they have what they need to reverse the common reversible causes, for example they are trained in chest decompression usually bilateral and immediately given at any sign of respiratory compromise.

*Adenosine, Amiodarone, Atropine Sulfate, Calcium Chloride 10%, Calcium Gluconate 10%, Dopamine (Intropin), Adrenaline (Epinephrine), Glucose, Lidocaine (Lignocaine HCL, Xylocaine), Magnesium Sulfate, Procainamide (Pronestyl), Sodium Bicarbonate, Narcan (Naloxone), Lasix (Furosemide), Nitroglycerine (Glyceril Trinitrate) to name a few. Also includes many types of antibiotics, NSAIDs, analgesics and miscellaneous drugs commonly not carried by paramedics or seen in a crash cart. Some drugs are quite controversial too, for example Solu-Medrol and Tranexamic Acid. Hope this answered your question.

EDIT: By the way TCCC is a method of operating (like ATLS, ACLS), there is no "TCCC cart". Unless it's a basic BLS bag with IV kit, lol!

Edited by Rye

Hey everyone. We at the CSE/CMS team would love to see some of videos of your squad/clan/realism unit utilizing CMS. Let us know what you think pertaining to whether it's useful or not, or if it's too cumbersome. Thanks

First of all congrats for this awesome mod!

We, in the 11th milsim comunity, are looking forward to play with this beautiful addon on our official servers/missions, but at the moment we are having some issues with the "no instant deaths module", other features are working flawlessly.

AFAIK all we need to do is place the enable cms and no instant deaths modules on the mission editor and then we would like to set our cms revive timer to something like 1000 or so (CMS_REVIVE_TIMER = 1000).

where do we need to put this upper line? as a description? as a init line?

Thanks again.

Vrukanlo.

First of all congrats for this awesome mod!

We, in the 11th milsim comunity, are looking forward to play with this beautiful addon on our official servers/missions, but at the moment we are having some issues with the "no instant deaths module", other features are working flawlessly.

AFAIK all we need to do is place the enable cms and no instant deaths modules on the mission editor and then we would like to set our cms revive timer to something like 1000 or so (CMS_REVIVE_TIMER = 1000).

where do we need to put this upper line? as a description? as a init line?

Thanks again.

Vrukanlo.

In theory, from what I understand of scripting you could technically put it anywhere, as long as the module is placed and that variable (CMS_REVIVE_TIMER) is defined. However, the best place to put it would be in the init line of the no instant deaths module.

Combat Medical System

Version: 0.5.13

Author: CMS Team

Download

Dev-Heaven / withSix

Dropbox

Changelog

changed: Treatment actions in MP should now be responding faster

changed: UI should be more responsive (refresh rate isn't as low anymore)

new: New module (activate on Damage): enables CMS for every unit - modules now determine when CMS enables (ie: players only means only players will have CMS running on spawn). When a unit is not running CMS, it will become activated once the unit takes damage/gets hit.

changed: Updated bleeding, pain and hit effects

changed: Different bandages have now also got different effects on wound sizes (Example: small bandage can get rid of 1x small wound, but only 0.3 of a large wound)

fixed: Bug #73767 quick to no pulse and 0/0BP

fixed: Bug #73623 Unconscious message on respawn

fixed: Sometimes a unit that wakes up from unconscious keeps having 0bp / hr