Moerderhoschi

ArmA III - Nuke Script - Port from ArmA II

please check your music volume setting, that could be the problem.

Yes, that was it. I had turned down the music when I first installed the program and never thought about it after that. The explosion effect is great!

Thanks!

hey, very nice script, loved the nuke bomb back to operation flashpoint. So one question, is it possible that the nuclear clouds in the sky (the mushroom) stay longer? Would look very nice if they stay like 10/20 minutes in the sky, so everyone can see were the bomb explode.

the released nuke is a ported version of the nuke in arma 2 OA Eagle Wing Campaign with some small changes to work in ArmA3 and MP compatility. it should be possible to change the particleeffects in the nuke\nuke.sqf to achieve what you want, but don't aks me what to change and which values to use. i have no experience with arma particleeffects.

you can take a look at the commands: setParticleCircle, setParticleClass, setParticleFire, setParticleParams, setParticleRandom https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

maybe that will help you.

regards

moerderhoschi

@Moerderhoschi please check your music volume setting, that could be the problem.

in the earthquake.sqf line 11 //playsound "eq"; add this playsound "nuke";

in the description.ext

class CfgSounds 
{
class nuke
{
name = "nuke";
sound[] = {"nuke\nuke.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
titles[] = {0, ""}; 
};
};

I love playing DUWS and would really like to implement this script into it. My problem is I not only can't get it to work, but I would love if I could somehow be able to click on the map to tell the nuke where to explode. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit/update: I've got everything working except being able to "drop" the nuke at my choosing, as you would an artillery strike for example. I have tried everything I can think of and have met a dead end.

Edited by bolbies

I love playing DUWS and would really like to implement this script into it. My problem is I not only can't get it to work, but I would love if I could somehow be able to click on the map to tell the nuke where to explode. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit/update: I've got everything working except being able to "drop" the nuke at my choosing

Some quick suggestions:

Have a look at how Close Air Support Field System works. I think there is that part where the strike aircraft drops the bomb at the location you specified then deletes it simulating a detonation. You can then use the detonation part of Moerderhoschi's nuke script there and adapt it to suit your needs. To specify where you want the aircraft to drop the bomb, play with onMapSingleClick.

Those things are very much doable. Check

out.

Some quick suggestions:

Have a look at how Close Air Support Field System works. I think there is that part where the strike aircraft drops the bomb at the location you specified then deletes it simulating a detonation. You can then use the detonation part of Moerderhoschi's nuke script there and adapt it to suit your needs. To specify where you want the aircraft to drop the bomb, play with onMapSingleClick.

Those things are very much doable. Check

out.

After a couple of days of fiddling around, I realized I just needed to edit how i was positioning the vehicle spawn. Thank you so much for your help! I never would've figured it out.

Alright now I've got another question: when this thing goes off at night and everything goes black, white, and blocky, is that a graphical bug by the game itself or is there a simple fix somewhere?

I've setup this up on a trigger, with the "nuke_activated = true"; onAct; however it's not being triggered properly on multiplayer (but works in SP). Specifically the particle effects/mushroom cloud are not being displayed, but the sound and display colors are working... Any suggestions?

Using this script and porte into one of mission I made however on execute I dont get nice effects but everything turns into black white squares. Any ideas?

Skip to near the end (around 3:10 would do) if you just want to see the nuke, I left it as-is to show the player experience fully. You have to understand that the 40-something man children I play with will all be giggle and joking on the way in in the chopper, so I know this will get their attention lol

Once this scene takes place the two ALiVE OPCOM's go into action and start a war between east and west altis.

Thought you might like it.

Suggestion: Change the script a little to detect buildings in the blast zone and place fires in them so there's an after effect. It does seem weird that there was a nuke just went off and there's no fires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2cIRMwmQMI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by thefinn

Hi, what's the code for the post process effect generate after the bomb is activated? I'd like to use it as a post process effect in a mission, thanks

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Don't worry i've figured it out, just copied the colorcorrection.sqf and did an execVM trigger to it

Even if it's an old thread, just want to say thanks for this cool script. 

For anyone who's interested in this script, it still works fine with the new Eden Editor.