Moerderhoschi

ArmA III - Nuke Script - Port from ArmA II

Download: ArmA III Nuke

Directlink: ArmA III Nuke

Introduced by BI in ArmA II, i ported the script to ArmA III with a extra soundfile and some options in the init.sqf. Should also work in MP!

options in init.sqf
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// NUKE RELATED STUFF
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
mdh_nuke_destruction_zone = 1000; // DESTRUCTION ZONE OF NUKE IN METERS, USE 0 TO DEACTIVATE
mdh_nuke_camshake = 1; // CAEMRASHAKE AT NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF
mdh_nuke_ash = 1; // ASH AFTER NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF
mdh_nuke_colorcorrection = 1; // COLLORCORRECTION AFTER NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF

regards
moerderhoschi Edited by Moerderhoschi
directlink added
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So how do we get this to work? I was wanting either a countdown timer or like a defuse script that goes wrong and blows up. Maybe even a basic present trigger.

Pretty cool man. Gonna have to figure out how to put this into a trigger though.

Excellent, thank you. It would be cool if we could put this in a B1-Bomber or B-52 and drop it from the sky? I think GLT Missile Box had a Tomahawk Cruise Missile on it with a Nuke attached to it in ArmA 2. I hope he is coming out with it on ArmA 3. I've used it with All-In-ArmA and it works pretty good, but it would be nice to have it ported over to ArmA 3.

@Foxhound thank you for hosting the script on Armaholic :)

@Antny & Fight9 to activate the nuke with a trigger you have to write in the on activation frame of another trigger in the demomission the following:

nuke_activated = true;

The system is really simple. you only have to set the variable "nuke_activated" to true in any way, so that the Multiplayer Trigger will be activated. you also could write in the init field of your soldier "nuke_activated = true;", this would also work.

Edited by Moerderhoschi

Just wondering if you could do a simple step by step set up process. Sorry for the newb request but I am somewhat new to scripting for arma 3 and I am trying to set up an end sequence that has the nuke detonating at the major airbase on altis on a return flight.

I've made the demomission as simple as i could and tohught the system would be clear. there is not many to set up.

1. copy the following in your description.ext

// NUKE RELATED STUFF
class CfgMusic
{
tracks[]={};

class nuke
{
	name = "";
	sound[] = {"nuke\nuke.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};	
};

2. copy the following in your init.sqf

// NUKE RELATED STUFF
mdh_nuke_destruction_zone	= 1000;	// DESTRUCTION ZONE OF NUKE IN METERS, USE 0 TO DEACTIVATE
mdh_nuke_camshake		= 1;	// CAEMRASHAKE AT NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF
mdh_nuke_ash			= 1;	// ASH AFTER NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF
mdh_nuke_colorcorrection	= 1;	// COLLORCORRECTION AFTER NUKEDETONATION 1=ON, 0=OFF

3. copy the "nuke" folder of the demo mission in your mission folder

4. copy the 3 triggers of the demomission on your mission

5. place in you mission any object (if it should be a invisible object use invisible heli h) and name it nukepos

6. create a new trigger in your mission with the condition you want where at the on activation field the variable "nuke_activated" will be set to true like

nuke_activated = true;

that's it.

Hi Moerderhoschi

Love the script and the effect - Got it all working in a small mission, very easy to use - thanx :-)

After a nuke explosion, the colors of the game has changed.

What if i want to make the mission continue after a nuke explosion, is there a way to return the colors to normal/default.

Thanx in advance.

put in the script colorcorrection.sqf this extra lines

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// MADE BY MOERDERHOSCHI
// EDITED VERSION OF THE ARMA2 ORIGINAL SCRIPT
// ARMED-ASSAULT.DE
// 06.11.2013
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [2, 30, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.001, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];  
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 3;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true; 
"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.02, 1, 1, 0.1, 1, false];
"filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 5;
sleep 100; // time to reset colors
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable false;
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable false;

with this , after 100 secs your color return to normal..

thats correct but only to disable the postprocesseffect isn't so nice like with a transition.

for a smothe transition use the following code:

// MADE BY MOERDERHOSCHI
// EDITED VERSION OF THE ARMA2 ORIGINAL SCRIPT
// ARMED-ASSAULT.DE
// 06.11.2013
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [2, 30, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.001, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];  
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 3;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true; 
"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.02, 1, 1, 0.1, 1, false];
"filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 5;
sleep 5;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1, 1, 1, 1], [1, 1, 1, 0.0]]; // change to normal colors within a time of 100 sec
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 100;
sleep 100; // time to reset colors
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable false; // disable effect
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable false; // disable effect

Edited by Moerderhoschi
added a sleep

That gradual transition script doesn't seem to work. It just keeps the screen white at the initial flash.

Edited by MitchTWC

you are right, i forgot a sleep in the script above. I've added the sleep in the scriptsnippet above and tested it, now it works. thank you for the hint.

regrads moerderhoschi

at the moment i make the bomb multiusable in one mission for mp. i think about a radiation zone or a EMP for airvehicles in a specific zone around the detonation.

From what i have tested. By your 1000m(1km) Blast Radius. This is about a 3 kiloton Nuclear Bomb.

The Specs on Whats really happening:

Fireball radius: 90 m (0.03 km²)

Maximum size of the nuclear fireball; relevance to lived effects depends on height of detonation. If it touches the ground, the amount of radioactive fallout is significantly increased. Minimum burst height for negligible fallout: 90 m.

Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 0.87 km (2.37 km²)

Third degree burns extend throughout the layers of skin, and are often painless because they destroy the pain nerves. They can cause severe scarring or disablement, and can require amputation. 100% probability for 3rd degree burns at this yield is 7.7 cal/cm2.

Radiation radius (500 rem): 0.91 km (2.59 km²)

500 rem radiation dose; without medical treatment, there can be expected between 50% and 90% mortality from acute effects alone. Dying takes between several hours and several weeks.

Air blast radius (5 psi): 1.01 km (3.23 km²)

At 5 psi overpressure, most residential buildings collapse, injuries are universal, fatalities are widespread. Optimal height of burst to maximize this effect is 450 m.

Now since you have not established nuclear fallout-radiation spread yet, i set the air burst to 450m, hence the lack of such fall out.

Deaths?

Estimated fatalities:

Estimated injuries:

This test was done at the airbase in altis (The real life one).

All this information was proved by NUKEMAP, heres a direct link to my test results.

http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt=3&lat=39.923496&lng=25.2335153&hob_opt=1&hob_psi=5&hob_ft=1478&casualties=1&fallout=1&zm=15

Thank you to the author of this, you just made my RP missions for my unit alot more interesting.

~-SOF- Tactical Realism

hey guys,

i will say thank you for your great suggestions but i have to tell you that i have stoped the work on this script for a few reasons. one is the few free time i have to spent for coding in arma and another reason is somebody posted the demomission of the nuke on steamworkshop without asking me. after this i was a bit demotivated to keep on working and stoped all work on any arma3 project that was planed like other missions or the the clickable tablet i was working on.

i really don't know if i can remotivate myself for further developing but i would like to say thank you to all posters in this thread for your feedback and your great suggestions.

thank you people :)

have a nice day.

this is sad. not only for this work , but for many other superb works that is stopped for the same reason.

I hope that bis can make something ( like author script for steam workshop upload privilleges?????? )

:(

This is really sad...

Has anybody got this to work on Stratis? When I copy everything to the Stratis map something goes wrong and I cannot preview it.

What I think would be cool is to have this script be attached to some sort of object (fuel drum or something) and have it as a bomb in a town. It would randomly spawn in a town and activate when you are attacking. For example in a Domination style mission. When you would have only a few bots left, the device would randomly spawn somewhere in town and give you so much time to disable it before it detonates. Or maybe have it in a side mission that if you don't find a briefcase within a certain time frame, it would bomb your base. Very cool script with a ton of possibilities... Unfortunately I am not much of a scripter to code the above...lol ;-)

I've been trying to get this script to work but I am confused by the following line...

4. copy the 3 triggers of the demomission on your mission

What are the three triggers and where can I find them?

Thanks!

EDIT

Ok, I got the demo working and now I see the triggers. However, I don't get the explosion sound. I am using the demo mission with no changes. Any ideas?

The blast looks awesome!

Thanks!

Edited by greensha

...Ok, I got the demo working and now I see the triggers. However, I don't get the explosion sound...

please check your music volume setting, that could be the problem.

t4zwAIkl.jpg

regards

moerderhoschi