Thanks Miller and no problem for the rest ;)

Thanks Foxhound!

Cleaned up the -92 fuselage, removed the old "bolted cover" and smoothed it out:

wip1742.jpg

And WIP texture for the AH-96. I'm seriously considering in redoing a template as quite frankly no matter what it looks like shit. I checked for a template but since one isn't anywhere I know I'll redo the whole bird, and get the hiddenselections working as for some reason I can set the camo in Arsenal but nowhere else, weird:

wip1743.jpg

• Like 2

Eric, is the MH-60 on ADuke's facebook page in your mod or is that something he's still working on?

I'm quite sure its his own man, he doesn't need me to help him :)

• Like 1

Ahh ok, wasn't sure if he handed it off to you or not as I've heard he's really busy. That thing is a work of art though. Still gotta grab your helo pack for the MH-60's.

I downloaded the OH-58.......first impressions: LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Very excited about all of the following updates and upgrades!! My squad us SUPER looking FWD to using this in conjunction with our Apache boys. 

Thanks for all of work that's gone into it so far, and a preemptive thanks for the hard work that will most assuredly be happening in the future!

~S

Ahh ok, wasn't sure if he handed it off to you or not as I've heard he's really busy. That thing is a work of art though. Still gotta grab your helo pack for the MH-60's.

Nah, he hasn't approached me on the issue nor am I really going to ask. If he hands it off then so be it I'll include it no problem but otherwise its his business.

On that note though, the UH-60 models are straight from A2 Sample Models, so I can take credit for the tweaks but mostly it was BIS stuff anyway.

I downloaded the OH-58.......first impressions: LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Very excited about all of the following updates and upgrades!! My squad us SUPER looking FWD to using this in conjunction with our Apache boys. 

Thanks for all of work that's gone into it so far, and a preemptive thanks for the hard work that will most assuredly be happening in the future!

~S

Nice, the work is done mainly by ADuke as far as the model itself as well as the current texture, so I just helped it along by making it at least flyable and such.

Here's the new XX-92 "Hump" textured. Yes, it looks a bit mirrored given the back portion but overall I like how it turned out. I may remove that black square but haven't decided as it doesn't in my opinion detract from the skin:

wip1744.jpg

And broke down and starting to redo the AH-1Z texture:

wip1745.jpg

wip1746.jpg

I still have to implement that ACE3 repair code (I need a good example to add to the config.cpp, they just don't make it easy to just copy and paste). Other than that I'm shooting for next week for the helos.

And more progress, and showing the intended look for the USMC version anyway. The US Army and others will have respective looks but this is how at least one scheme will look:

wip1749.jpg

wip1750.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Foxhound!

Some MH-60L Tweaking and some TLC (finally). I still have to look at tweaking the RVMAT a bit so it's more "cleaner" and not showing the original imprint from the M version dashboard:

wip1751.jpg

A short video showing a tweaked MH-92 (Insertion) roll rate. It has admittedly been overly sensitive and after adjusting a couple things, got this result, and frankly much better:

https://youtu.be/zs0YSN93zOg

Hello, I wanted to ask you whether you are interested in a model helicopter MI-8 AMTSH ... I have a 80% complete model ... would like to offer you its further development ..

I would contact the RHS team (PuFu, etc.)  and see if they would be interested as frankly I have no interest in doing ex-Warsaw Pact aircraft. Thanks though but I just have enough to worry about right now. Also given that I mainly use Object Builder it would be a better idea to see if they want to add it to their list of helos for the RHS: AFRF portion of their mod.

Doing some facelift work on the AH-96, "covering up" the old defensive systems and adding the XX-92 style on the AH-96:

wip1752.jpg

wip1753.jpg

And some other model cleanup and improving:

wip1754.jpg

wip1755.jpg

wip1756.jpg

damn that ah-92 looks nice. would it be a big issue to but the pilot in the fron seat and the gunner in the back?

maybe you can(want) to do something like this to the front part so it looks more beefy:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/conworld/images/0/07/AH-88_Wasp.png/revision/latest?cb=20110410023456

i would also suggest adding something on top so it doesnt look like number 1 (looks to flatin my humble opinion)

ah-92suggg1y0e.png

and last thing: maybe it would look more futuristic if a triple pack of the DAGR/DAR launcher from arma 3 are on the inboard stations instead of the Hydra´s

only my2cents you may could consider, dont have to. it looks good as it is right now :-)

but i strongly recommend putting the pilot in the front seat for visibility reasons.

Yes it would, as the current real world setup (AFAIK) the pilot is in the back and the CP/G is in the front. And no more than likely I'll probably keep it as is for now and then maybe add more stuff to it. Right now I have other concerns other than external shapes right now.

the current realworld setup on most, yes. (Eurocopter Tiger pilot sits in frontseat also commanche pilot would have occupied the frontseat). was only a suggestion to improve pilots visibility and situational awarness. :-) , but as stated before it is your mod and i´m happy that some one actually takes the challenge and fit arma choppers with that kind of rotorsystem. really looking forward to flying it!

Yeah since essentially the Ah-1 has been a US designed helicopter it's only fitting it follows the same thing. And besides other than landing I have had no real issues flying from the pilot's seat.

Basic OH-58D Readme:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Doc/OH-58DKiowaReadme.pdf

yup exactly for landing and confined spaces the front seat is the better choice.

wit a cpg on the front seat, view is really blocked in a cobra:

https://abload.de/img/20160827215146_1o5kao.jpg

front seat view

https://abload.de/img/20160827215224_16okrf.jpg

the US choppers only have there CPG in front because electronics and optical sight of the old days required it

now a days it isnt a requirement anymore. it is done because they got used to it.

but obviously you dont want to do it, so i quit bitiching about it before i got beheaded :-D

Would you mind telling me where in the model config is the rotation speed for the fan blades of the MH-92? I want to see how they look with faster rotation speed.

BTW: The black square/grate looks cool on the MH-92 IMHO, it breaks the monotony of the top.

I disagree Gunny. Can you see what's right on front of the heli a little better, sure, but you also should have a pretty good idea before you go sticking your rotors in there anyways, and you can see to the rotors unobstructed. From the front you can't see anything behind you like the pilot can. In the Apache you have a great field of view from the pilot's seat; I was fortunate enough to have been able to sit in one being decommissioned in Boise, I was amazed at how much better the view was from the back seat vs the gunner's seat. There are two other things that make this just fine - crew coordination and helicopter awareness. I fly with a real good friend, and we talk constantly, and on or near the ground we both are looking for and pointing out obstacles. He also is instrumental in helping me get on a pad straight in any heli......did I mention that we both fly in first person only? The helicopter awareness is something you learn over time, you get comfy in your view, what you can see, and can gauge pretty well how much room you have. Again, I fly only in 1st person, and to be honest it takes the whole depth perception problem out of the equation. I mean, it's obviously still 3D, but it simplifies it by not having to gauge it from an external view. From inside you can track precisely your linear, lateral, an vertical movement and use parts on the canopy as references......and you'll pick up how much clearance you have to your tail and rotors with experience. IRL they have ground crewmembers doing this for you, but it's Arma so hey........

~S

yup exactly for landing and confined spaces the front seat is the better choice.

wit a cpg on the front seat, view is really blocked in a cobra:

https://abload.de/img/20160827215146_1o5kao.jpg

front seat view

https://abload.de/img/20160827215224_16okrf.jpg

the US choppers only have there CPG in front because electronics and optical sight of the old days required it

now a days it isnt a requirement anymore. it is done because they got used to it.

but obviously you dont want to do it, so i quit bitiching about it before i got beheaded :-D

Dude, I do fly my own helicopters and while I only have two years flying rotors virtually, I have nearly twenty fixed-wing. Other than some tight maneuvering the view is more then adequate for the pilot to fly from that position. Besides I've removed a few things from the cockpit to facilitate a better view. End of discussion man as that's how it's going to be. Besides real world pilots have flown from this spot and I'm sure if it was a such serious issue the Cobra wouldn't be as successful as it is.

Would you mind telling me where in the model config is the rotation speed for the fan blades of the MH-92? I want to see how they look with faster rotation speed.

BTW: The black square/grate looks cool on the MH-92 IMHO, it breaks the monotony of the top.

Arma 3 has a predefined speed and therefore not changeable. Seriously man this is A3, not DCS.

I disagree Gunny. Can you see what's right on front of the heli a little better, sure, but you also should have a pretty good idea before you go sticking your rotors in there anyways, and you can see to the rotors unobstructed. From the front you can't see anything behind you like the pilot can. In the Apache you have a great field of view from the pilot's seat; I was fortunate enough to have been able to sit in one being decommissioned in Boise, I was amazed at how much better the view was from the back seat vs the gunner's seat. There are two other things that make this just fine - crew coordination and helicopter awareness. I fly with a real good friend, and we talk constantly, and on or near the ground we both are looking for and pointing out obstacles. He also is instrumental in helping me get on a pad straight in any heli......did I mention that we both fly in first person only? The helicopter awareness is something you learn over time, you get comfy in your view, what you can see, and can gauge pretty well how much room you have. Again, I fly only in 1st person, and to be honest it takes the whole depth perception problem out of the equation. I mean, it's obviously still 3D, but it simplifies it by not having to gauge it from an external view. From inside you can track precisely your linear, lateral, an vertical movement and use parts on the canopy as references......and you'll pick up how much clearance you have to your tail and rotors with experience. IRL they have ground crewmembers doing this for you, but it's Arma so hey........

~S

Exactly, pilot stays in the rear and CP/G in front.

Arma 3 has a predefined speed and therefore not changeable. Seriously man this is A3, not DCS.

I was just asking. I wanted to mess around with the settings and see what happens.

Anyway, I do not know if you changed the duct shape in new version, but currently on the MH-92 they are not round (the back is "flattened" if you look from above) and the blades actually clip through the duct and stick outside.

No I haven't changed the shape of the fans, they've always been flattened in the back (looks kinda cool) but will check on the clipping.

As far as I know the speed is a core setting, so I'm not motivated nor honestly I don't really care to change it. It spins, it works, so why fix something that ain't broke?