Sign in to follow this  
_FR_starfox64

Very low FPS

Hello,

I recently bough a new computer with the following specs:

- CPU: i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

- GPU: GTX660

- RAM: 8GB DDR3

I'm not a hardware maniac so I don't know if you need more info but if you do need more tell me.

In solo I get around 50 FPS but in multiplayer in a regular Patrol Ops with 10 players I get around 10-20 FPS.

In top of that I have a weird thing where my FPS jumps betwin law and very low then low, I have the exact same problem in ArmA 2 and here is how it looks like:

In the first part I'm in solo and in the second in multi.

Do you guys know any way to fix this?

This is how the game works right now unfortunately, sorry.

There are a number of threads in this sub-forum regarding the issue that discuss the problem in great detail.

Edit: That micro-stutter thing isn't normal at all, disable anti-virus, check for malware, defrag, validate steam game files.

Yeah. Please let us know if anything helped, what it was so we can add it to the list of known problems / solutions.

Thanks!

Be sure to turn OFF Hyper-Threading and Core Parking

My startup commands:

-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxVRAM=999 -high -maxMem=8192

But you should probably use this

-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxVRAM=1999 -high -maxMem=8192 -nologs

-nologs is usefull if you are not scripting. Then it wont create logs.

rig: 2600k @4.3

12GB 1600mhz

gtx 570 1024MB

My startup commands:

-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxVRAM=999 -high -maxMem=8192

-nosplash -skipintro -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxVRAM=1999 -high -maxMem=8192 -nologs

12GB 1600mhz

gtx 570 1024MB

Thanks but it didn't worked, I also disabled my AV as apparently there are issues with ESET.

Thanks but it didn't worked, I also disabled my AV as apparently there are issues with ESET.

Apparently you need to disable advanced memory scanner in eset. AV alone doesn't do it.

Apparently you need to disable advanced memory scanner in eset. AV alone doesn't do it.

Thanks you so much it worked! I love you!

Overclock your 920 to 3.5+ GHz. You should see a decent boost in FPS, and with a decent aftermarket air cooler it's easy to hit that without heat issues.

My startup commands:

12GB 1600mhz

gtx 570 1024MB

yeah, and try this to : "-use all resources -be better @ performing - maxmem=20000"

I'm just kidding of course, but i'm getting a little sick and tired of these command lines, like it's gonna help if you put in "-threads=7" , like the game then suddenly realizes "oh wait, i can use multithreading? sweet!"

This game can't multithread. So adding "-please multithread" in the command line does absolutely nothing.

I had the same problem the other day playing with my friends.

The problem was in the startup commands, I think that I had a wrong command in it that would slow down the game.

So check your startup commands delete everything and load all the mod using the in game settings.

This fixed my problem, I hope that this Something this Easy even for you.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Overclock your 920 to 3.5+ GHz. You should see a decent boost in FPS, and with a decent aftermarket air cooler it's easy to hit that without heat issues.

Yeah , I agree, overclocking CPU is essential for arma..., I wish we had 10 GHZ cpu on the market, It would make us happy...:(

I'm just kidding of course, but i'm getting a little sick and tired of these command lines, like it's gonna help if you put in "-threads=7" , like the game then suddenly realizes "oh wait, i can use multithreading? sweet!"

This game can't multithread. So adding "-please multithread" in the command line does absolutely nothing.

So you don't even know the exthreads switch is for? Hint: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#exThreads

I had the same problem the other day playing with my friends.

The problem was in the startup commands, I think that I had a wrong command in it that would slow down the game.

So check your startup commands delete everything and load all the mod using the in game settings.

This fixed my problem, I hope that this Something this Easy even for you.

He already fixed it. It was ESET memory scanner.

So you don't even know the exthreads switch is for? Hint: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#exThreads

He already fixed it. It was ESET memory scanner.

How does it even matter in the slightest , when the game uses only 40% of processer anyway. You can try and redistribute certain workloads (if that command line even works) , but it will make 0 difference.

In the end, the same 40% is used.

@Game_on

not a big difference but with afterburner/HWinfo64 cpu overall usage my minimum is 55% with lots of AI and 65% (with peaks of 85%) on empty editor/less AI like in the official sp-missions. Cores unparked and quantillionen tweaks (but zero startup-gedöns) done in the past I can´t remember anymore :p.

Edited by JumpingHubert

55% usage would be fine, if you were playing at 200 fps.

But why are you trying to justify a usage of 55% , when your framerate is in the 20's

Especially if this has been the case since.... 10 years .

vDMdzwanxnY

55% usage would be fine, if you were playing at 200 fps.

But why are you trying to justify a usage of 55% , when your framerate is in the 20's

Especially if this has been the case since.... 10 years .

12k View distance and you expect decent FPS? seriously? Come on man, be reasonable.

Look at the cpu usage .

40% .

GPU usage : 30%

That's the whole point. Come on you can't be that ignorant.

@Game_on

ok, i repeat my question: whats your ingame setting....do you have tried disabling hyperthreading?

Edited by JumpingHubert

dude, settings won't affect a thing.

You check for yourself man, open up task manager on your second screen, go play some arma. See more than half of your cpu go to WASTE , UNUSED while you're getting horrible frames.

You're dealing with thread starvation, every object in a 12k range of you needs to be processed before anything else can occur, lower the range and you'll have less of a problem.

I just played some domi , @ 500 visibiltiy in "zafnor" or whatever city.

cpu load: 45%

GPU load : 20%

Framerate :27

Like i said, game engine is borked , and the devs are not going to fix it. ( i don't think they even can , without making a completely new engine)

Mark my words, this is the exact same stuff as Arma 2 . (and Arma 1 for that matter). In a year from now nothing regarding this issue will have changed.

Now you're dealing with a separate, multiplayer issue.

Check the multiplayer sub-forum, dwarden is asking for help testing a new MP server executable.

Arma 3 Bench with Arma3Mark Stratis for "i7 3770/GTX 670 OC/ 8 Go RAM/SSD System 240Go+ SSD Arma* 128Go"

Video settings "Ultra", "Visibility" = 2 000m, AA&PP "Bloom&Blurs:disabled"+HardOcp combo = "FXAA Ultra + 2X/4X ou FSAA 8x"

Played on Iiyama Prolite B2206WS @ 1680*1050

Using : -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 and Windows 7 Processor Affinity setting from within Task Manager.

source 1 : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

source 2 :http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/

9ne1.jpg