sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

It has the added side effect of making you unable to talk over radio when using TFAR.

The very welcome side-effect, you mean? I'm just hanging out for TFAR to release some API controls in a new version so we can gag unconscious players from using direct speech, too. There's not much more ridiculous that hearing "Alpha, this is Bravo lead! I'm unconscious! I got hit by enemy infantry behind that shack to the north! Come and pick me up! I've got 410 seconds before I die!"

Why cant I press esc when I am down so that I can restart the mission?

Two posts above yours, the variables you want to change are shown in the quote. By default, you can't respawn until you're unrecoverably dead and - like Thor2k4 said - if you can just bypass that time by respawning, who'd bother? It's frustrating if you're testing a mission though - so you can set those variables down to 10 seconds or so.

Two posts above yours, the variables you want to change are shown in the quote. By default, you can't respawn until you're unrecoverably dead and - like Thor2k4 said - if you can just bypass that time by respawning, who'd bother? It's frustrating if you're testing a mission though - so you can set those variables down to 10 seconds or so.

yep

patch will come out soon for this (just had no time yet to continue modding : /)

The very welcome side-effect, you mean? I'm just hanging out for TFAR to release some API controls in a new version so we can gag unconscious players from using direct speech, too. There's not much more ridiculous that hearing "Alpha, this is Bravo lead! I'm unconscious! I got hit by enemy infantry behind that shack to the north! Come and pick me up! I've got 410 seconds before I die!"

Yes of course very welcome. You can sadly still use direct speech, but atleast not the radio.

Hi X39 ,

congratulations for your mod, it is much appreciated by my clan and very well done.

I have to translate it in our language, the french inspired your texts and the medical language.

I am offering you the stringtables with the french, free file you use it for a next put a day in the future.

Thanks again for your mod, it's a lot of job, continue like that.

Sorry for my English.

Visit my work for watch at www.atmarma.fr =>"forum" => "editing" =>"traduction du Medsys by ATM john"

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/655274medsys.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ILLMeCDI6cU2V5QmdwUDNQcU0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by =ATM= John

Hi X39 ,

congratulations for your mod, it is much appreciated by my clan and very well done.

I have to translate it in our language, the french inspired your texts and the medical language.

I am offering you the stringtables with the french, free file you use it for a next put a day in the future.

Thanks again for your mod, it's a lot of job, continue like that.

Sorry for my English.

Visit my work for watch at www.atmarma.fr =>"forum" => "editing" =>"traduction du Medsys by ATM john"

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/655274medsys.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ILLMeCDI6cU2V5QmdwUDNQcU0/edit?usp=sharing

thx for the translation

i will add it with the next patch of XMedSys ^^

04:36 here

just preparing a patch where you can create a server config file for variables :F

will be implemented in next patch

here is how it will work:

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

Edited by X39

thx for the translation

i will add it with the next patch of XMedSys ^^

04:36 here

just preparing a patch where you can create a server config file for variables :F

will be implemented in next patch

here is how it will work:

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

Thanks X 39 to use my translation

For your patch, it's even better!

It is great to be able to adjust the various parameters of your mod, it will be even more functional.

I wish you good luck for the future set a day.

Thanks again to accept my translation...

bye

Hey X. I made some modifications for our own group, it has variable treatment time and allows you to interrupt treatment too. Would this be something you'd be interested to have in the mod?

Hey X. I made some modifications for our own group, it has variable treatment time and allows you to interrupt treatment too. Would this be something you'd be interested to have in the mod?

For sure

It would be ( more wondering that you moved through my crappy code ^^) something very interesting

I'll get some proper documentation in the header about stuff I've done and get it to you probably tomorrow.

XMedSys Release 0.3.1

Download

Changelog

0.3.1 BETA
* mod.cpp now contains link to wiki
* corrected/added many headers inside of functions
* KnockOut UI now has an abort button (just to inform you: the button is just ending the mission for your local client! but its working anyway)
* fixed: ActionUI is not getting closed when you get knockedOut
* now changed ALL variables to the correct name prefix (X39_MedSys_var_) but as it has happened automatically there could be some issues created by this (please instant report them as you find some)
* renamed client config file from "MedSysConfig.hpp" to "MedSys_ClientConfig.hpp"
* added serverConfig for servers (see http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig to find out how it works)
* in combination with the limitation system:
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MaxHeal is now working
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowHealingLegsInField is now working
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowBloodTransfusionInField is now working
* added variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotFakeKilling - when false, unit will be killed if head damage above X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotDeathLimit else the unit will be knockedOut(default true)
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowHealingHeadInField - when false, a units head cant be cured in field and needs to get to a service provider (MedKit) (default true)
* Seperated XLib from XMedSys addons folder into a seperate folder + new requirement (as its not in the same folder anymore) XLib
* added ITALIAN language to scripting stringtable (no community name received : / please send me your name so that i can give you guys the credits ^^ thx X39)
* added French language to scripting stringtable (no community name received : / please send me your name so that i can give you guys the credits ^^ thx X39)

General release notes:

• New limitation system features are UNTESTED! so please try to play around with it ^^
  • as i changed ALL variables with an automated programm to have the var prefix, your mission tweaking and maybe some parts of the mod are broken so if you find some broken parts (i was not able to find some) report them to the feedback tracker
  • XLib is now a seperated addon as it growed and now has a InsurgencyModule! As usual it is included in release zip ^^ anyway! you also can get it from here: -LINK-
  • This patch will break your userconfig file (more or less ... you just need to rename it to "MedSys_ClientConfig.hpp" and everything will be fine again ^^)

kindly regards

X39

PS

continued to fill the wiki of xmedsys

if you want to help

please pn me (had to many spam (~ 200 pages per day ...) on the wiki so new registered users cant create pages)

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

XMedSys v0.3.1 Beta

required_addons.png

XActionUI (included)

XLib (included)

XEventSystem (included)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

update v0.3.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@xmedsys.png

@ X39;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

X39, first up, let me say I really like this medical system, it's struck pretty much the right balance between believability and gameplay.

However, I want less mods, not more. When I started using it, it was just the @xmedsys and the @xeventsystem, which was fine. Then the @xactionui became a requirement, now the @xlib has become a requirement. It's getting to be too much.

I run a dedicated server, because of the fragmentation of the mods at the moment, in order to come close to replicating an ACE/ACRE like environment which would be considered fairly minimal, I have to run 21 different mods. With the addition of the xlib requirement, it's become 22 mods, four of which are based around a medical system. Keeping all of these mods up to date is a nightmare for the end user, let alone a server administrator.

You might say it's just a matter of running PWS on the server to grab the files, but really, for me and I suspect most people running servers, that isn't the case at all. My community runs a single physical dedibox, which runs several game servers (of various games, including Arma 2, Minecraft and Garry's Mod among others) on it in virtual machines. For security reasons, only two people have remote desktop access to the dedicated box and thus the virtual machines. This means there are only two people who can run PWS when an update occurs. Yes, I have FTP access to the server instance and that's fine, but we are talking about keeping 22 mods up to date, some of these mods are fairly small and not much of an issue, others, like @a3mp are huge. The thought of using my home ADSL connection to upload @a3mp to the server makes my eyes glaze over.

Now you say you don't like @CBA_a3 and won't say why, which is fine. Curious and a little strange, but fine. If you don't want to use @CBA_a3, that's totally your choice and it really isn't for me or anyone to demand that you do, especially given that the alternatives you have created work so well. And they do work well, I'll reiterate here, I really really like using the @xmedsys mod.

However, I would like to suggest that the additional mods you have created here, the @xactionui, @xeventsystem and @xlib could and should be rolled up into a single mod called @xlib. At the moment, I'm at the point where regardless of how much I like the addon, I'm going to have to stop using it because the rest of my community is finding it too complicated to keep up with considering how many other mods we need to keep up with as well. I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Please don't take this as being anything but constructive criticism. Again, I want to use your mod, but things are getting to the point where I simply will not be able to.

..I'm at the point where regardless of how much I like the addon, I'm going to have to stop using it because the rest of my community is finding it too complicated to keep up with considering how many other mods we need to keep up with as well....

I also run the mods/server for my group as well, please explain to me how this is change is "complicated".

If you really want to use the mod, their are ways to get it to work that are "easier" for the rest of the community/group/clan. but if by complicated you mean "omg more folders" issue, then just consolidate it to one folder.

if by chance you are trying to say that by having many folders and thus it would affect the server some how, then i would be completely amazed. from what i have seen it takes an excess of 40+ mods (referring to JUST the amount of mods, not what the mods are) to even remotely start affecting the server

i do on the other hand agree with your suggestion though. Just in the fact that i em one of the few people in charge of keeping our server setup/running, but the simple adding/splitting of a mod is not going to cause any major problems. if we feel we have to many folders, we just consolidate them into fewer folders.

keep up the good work X39. :)

X39, first up, let me say I really like this medical system, it's struck pretty much the right balance between believability and gameplay.

However, I want less mods, not more. When I started using it, it was just the @xmedsys and the @xeventsystem, which was fine. Then the @xactionui became a requirement, now the @xlib has become a requirement. It's getting to be too much.

I run a dedicated server, because of the fragmentation of the mods at the moment, in order to come close to replicating an ACE/ACRE like environment which would be considered fairly minimal, I have to run 21 different mods. With the addition of the xlib requirement, it's become 22 mods, four of which are based around a medical system. Keeping all of these mods up to date is a nightmare for the end user, let alone a server administrator.

You might say it's just a matter of running PWS on the server to grab the files, but really, for me and I suspect most people running servers, that isn't the case at all. My community runs a single physical dedibox, which runs several game servers (of various games, including Arma 2, Minecraft and Garry's Mod among others) on it in virtual machines. For security reasons, only two people have remote desktop access to the dedicated box and thus the virtual machines. This means there are only two people who can run PWS when an update occurs. Yes, I have FTP access to the server instance and that's fine, but we are talking about keeping 22 mods up to date, some of these mods are fairly small and not much of an issue, others, like @a3mp are huge. The thought of using my home ADSL connection to upload @a3mp to the server makes my eyes glaze over.

Now you say you don't like @CBA_a3 and won't say why, which is fine. Curious and a little strange, but fine. If you don't want to use @CBA_a3, that's totally your choice and it really isn't for me or anyone to demand that you do, especially given that the alternatives you have created work so well. And they do work well, I'll reiterate here, I really really like using the @xmedsys mod.

However, I would like to suggest that the additional mods you have created here, the @xactionui, @xeventsystem and @xlib could and should be rolled up into a single mod called @xlib. At the moment, I'm at the point where regardless of how much I like the addon, I'm going to have to stop using it because the rest of my community is finding it too complicated to keep up with considering how many other mods we need to keep up with as well. I suspect I'm not alone in this.

Please don't take this as being anything but constructive criticism. Again, I want to use your mod, but things are getting to the point where I simply will not be able to.

As you noticed

In all release zips are the required versions

All theese mods have been part of xmedsys for a while but got released to all so that its possible for all to use them

XLib is the last release for a split of xmedsys 1

its basicly already a prepare for a new version of xmedsys(2) in the future

I also run the mods/server for my group as well, please explain to me how this is change is "complicated".

How many times have you sat waiting to be able to start a mission while someone keeps fruitlessly joining and being disconnected because they don't have their mods up to date?

I'm not saying having too many folders on the server is making things difficult - although I will say that the base modlist I am running now is just about 50% of your 40+ mods, without regard to what the mods actually are. In any case, I'm not talking about server performance, so that line of reasoning is moot. What I'm talking about is the task of keeping mods up to date, not just clientside, but serverside as well. I explained in detail the situation we have in our server, a very limited number of people have RDP access to the server. I'm not one of them, though I do have FTP access and tcadmin access. As I also explained, the thought of having to manually upload a five and a half gigabyte mod like @a3mp for example makes me shudder.

Our community has - at the moment - has more than 500 members from all across the planet. 80% of our members are in the EU, the rest come from places like Russia, the US, NZ and Australia. A large percentage of our members don't have English as their native language and to my shame, I don't speak any language but English. Fortunately, most of our members have a pretty good grasp of English, though misunderstandings are fairly common.

If you want complicated, try explaining mod versioning to a group of 50 people in a single teamspeak channel, fifteen minutes before a mission starts, 30 of whom don't natively speak the only language you do, 10 of those non native English speakers are joining a large mission for the first time. Just try it, please.

You seem to be working on the assumption that I'm somehow being rude or unappreciative of what X39 has done. I'm not. I really like using the mod and I want to continue using it. I very much want X39 to continue to develop the system because I feel it will become one of the core mods in the Arma 3 multiplayer universe.

I won't be able to continue using it though, because the process of getting everyone on the same page as far as mods goes is draining and is taking the enjoyment out of the game for me. One solution to this is to reduce the number of mods we need to keep up to date, both on the server and on the client side. Hence my request.

It wasn't an attack, it wasn't a jibe or an insult. It was a post outlining the difficulties I - and I suspect others - are having as well as proposing a solution.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

As you noticed

In all release zips are the required versions

All theese mods have been part of xmedsys for a while but got released to all so that its possible for all to use them

XLib is the last release for a split of xmedsys 1

its basicly already a prepare for a new version of xmedsys(2) in the future

Understood, thanks. That said though, when editing the commandline of a server, these mods have to be mentioned separately. Also, when using a launcher, all four mods must be selected. For simplicity, I'm suggesting rolling the three library type mods into one mod and having any functional type mods as separate mods. This means we'd simply have to ensure the - for example - @xlib mod and the @xmedsys mod were selected rather than repeatedly having to ensure each player having difficulties joining the server has all four mods selected. I understand it isn't difficult to choose four ticks, but when you are working with multiple mods the potential for confusion goes up.

XMedSys Release 0.3.1

Thanks again! Especially for XMedSys_serverConfig. That will make it much easier to keep all our missions consistent. A quick note: the example values on the wiki haven't been updated with the X39_MedSys_var_ change.

How many times have you sat waiting to be able to start a mission while someone keeps fruitlessly joining and being disconnected because they don't have their mods up to date?

Since setting up our own Play withSix repository? None. It's a bit tricky to get your head around at the start, but it's worth it - I'd imagine that with a group as large and lingustically spread-out as yours the payoff would be even better. If you want a hand or some info feel free to PM me.

I'm not saying having too many folders on the server is making things difficult - although I will say that the base modlist I am running now is just about 50% of your 40+ mods, without regard to what the mods actually are. In any case, I'm not talking about server performance, so that line of reasoning is moot. What I'm talking about is the task of keeping mods up to date, not just clientside, but serverside as well. I explained in detail the situation we have in our server, a very limited number of people have RDP access to the server. I'm not one of them, though I do have FTP access and tcadmin access. As I also explained, the thought of having to manually upload a five and a half gigabyte mod like @a3mp for example makes me shudder.

Our community has - at the moment - has more than 500 members from all across the planet. 80% of our members are in the EU, the rest come from places like Russia, the US, NZ and Australia. A large percentage of our members don't have English as their native language and to my shame, I don't speak any language but English. Fortunately, most of our members have a pretty good grasp of English, though misunderstandings are fairly common.

If you want complicated, try explaining mod versioning to a group of 50 people in a single teamspeak channel, fifteen minutes before a mission starts, 30 of whom don't natively speak the only language you do, 10 of those non native English speakers are joining a large mission for the first time. Just try it, please.

You seem to be working on the assumption that I'm somehow being rude or unappreciative of what X39 has done. I'm not. I really like using the mod and I want to continue using it. I very much want X39 to continue to develop the system because I feel it will become one of the core mods in the Arma 3 multiplayer universe.

I won't be able to continue using it though, because the process of getting everyone on the same page as far as mods goes is draining and is taking the enjoyment out of the game for me. One solution to this is to reduce the number of mods we need to keep up to date, both on the server and on the client side. Hence my request.

It wasn't an attack, it wasn't a jibe or an insult. It was a post outlining the difficulties I - and I suspect others - are having as well as proposing a solution.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Understood, thanks. That said though, when editing the commandline of a server, these mods have to be mentioned separately. Also, when using a launcher, all four mods must be selected. For simplicity, I'm suggesting rolling the three library type mods into one mod and having any functional type mods as separate mods. This means we'd simply have to ensure the - for example - @xlib mod and the @xmedsys mod were selected rather than repeatedly having to ensure each player having difficulties joining the server has all four mods selected. I understand it isn't difficult to choose four ticks, but when you are working with multiple mods the potential for confusion goes up.

for the mod sync thingy

just setted up a ArmA3Sync repo on my windows server (running IIS as web service) for easy sync

you also could use this ^^ (only problem would be that the first time will consume a giant traffic count but after that everything should lower extremly through HTTP + ZSYNC)

i know that its pretty harsh for you to see just more mods are required

but to say

mod folders are only logical units

you could put them into a single one

the thing why i split everything up is because its more easy for me to develop a modulated system with many small modules (which not even have to be connected to XMedSys) instead of creating many specific things (which only would be something if im not developing alone ^^)

so i hope you understand

for the combining mods thing

already thought about it

problem is that closing mods is pretty complicated : / (not from the publish side .. more from the "who you need to tell" and at the end you will end up with more problems ...)

as XLib was nothing which met into XEventSystem, XActionUI or XMedSys

it was needed to have a seperated addon

also maybe (more hopefully) more mods will build around it soon ^^

im activly developing and supporting all of those mods but as no one currently has suggestions (as no one knows them and their features rly) or bugs to report

they are just dead dev corpses of XMedSys

kindly regards

x39

Since setting up our own Play withSix repository? None. It's a bit tricky to get your head around at the start, but it's worth it - I'd imagine that with a group as large and lingustically spread-out as yours the payoff would be even better. If you want a hand or some info feel free to PM me.

I may well do this, cheers. I'll get some more research done first though.

for the mod sync thingy

just setted up a ArmA3Sync repo on my windows server (running IIS as web service) for easy sync

you also could use this ^^ (only problem would be that the first time will consume a giant traffic count but after that everything should lower extremly through HTTP + ZSYNC)

i know that its pretty harsh for you to see just more mods are required

but to say

mod folders are only logical units

you could put them into a single one

the thing why i split everything up is because its more easy for me to develop a modulated system with many small modules (which not even have to be connected to XMedSys) instead of creating many specific things (which only would be something if im not developing alone ^^)

so i hope you understand

for the combining mods thing

already thought about it

problem is that closing mods is pretty complicated : / (not from the publish side .. more from the "who you need to tell" and at the end you will end up with more problems ...)

as XLib was nothing which met into XEventSystem, XActionUI or XMedSys

it was needed to have a seperated addon

also maybe (more hopefully) more mods will build around it soon ^^

im activly developing and supporting all of those mods but as no one currently has suggestions (as no one knows them and their features rly) or bugs to report

they are just dead dev corpses of XMedSys

kindly regards

x39

So just to get things completely straight, which mods are required in order to run @xmedsys? Is @xlib a requirement or not?

I may well do this, cheers. I'll get some more research done first though.

So just to get things completely straight, which mods are required in order to run @xmedsys? Is @xlib a requirement or not?

All are

Every mod which is included in the release zip is a requirement

So

Xmedsy requires xlib, xeventsystem and xactionui

Is anyone else having trouble with the respawn and abort buttons not working?

Nevermind I can see X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death is the new setting.

Edited by R4IDER

Is it possible to add something to use with TaskForceRadio/ACRE ? When we are in blackout we cannot talk that would be cool :)

Is it possible to add something to use with TaskForceRadio/ACRE ? When we are in blackout we cannot talk that would be cool :)

Already answered about 200 times :F

TFR has no ability to do so

ACRE is not officially out for arma 3 so no support for it till its here for A3

Here they are. It's the individual files with a small text in the header stating what I've changed, and what line you can find it at. I added some variable treatment time, perhaps this could be worked into your plan with the limitations system to allow for nonmedics to treat, but slower.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49676805/Functions.rar

@ spudly, from the sounds of it, it makes me think you guys are not using a repo of any sort to have the rest of your community get the mods.. to which i say dam. We used to use playwithsix, but found that even then was hard to stick to a "every 2 weeks we update mods" schedule. so we switched to arma3sync, and had no problems what so ever.

in your case it may take a little effort to go from no repo to using one, but in the long run it will be easier for your community, AND it will allow you to regulate what versions of addons you guys use.

if you would like more info or even help setting up either methods of repo, i would be happy to help/give info.