Sign in to follow this  
Michele

harvest red story question (SPOILER)

I have just finished Harvest Red campaign, but unfortunately like Sahrani campaign a few questions remain unsolved.

Lopotev has been captured but at the moment of being transfered to Russian Fed,some rogue spetsnaz soldiers and their leader called Karelin make him escape, but Karelin has been killed in the firefight.

However Russian Fed. recognize that the responsible for the Red Square bombing are the Chedaki in the person of Lopotev and not the NAPA.

----->>> So, I think that Karelin and his guys were the only ones in Russia that wanted the Chedaki to win the war and maybe annex south Zagoria to Russia. Is this correct ?

Edited by Mike_ITA

I don't recall him escaping but yeah that is the way it does turn out. Only the Spetsnaz were helping Lopotev. Russians were just there to deal with NAPA because they thought they bombed the Kremlin. Or at least that is the way I remember it.

Yes he escapes.

And at the end of the campaign we know that he has been killed in 2014 by a mysterious killer, in his house in Chernogorsk (If I recall correctly)

His fate mentioned in the endgame credits depends on the ending you got (IIRC). Although if you did transfer Lopotev to Russians successfuly (defeating the spetznaz), you had the best ending.

The spetznaz weren't the only ones helping Lopotev. Remember that the ChdKz received lot's of weapons from somewhere. My guess is that Lopotev had support from the russian government, or from a hardliner faction inside the miliary. Kirilin was his handler. Russia droped the support after they learned who was responsible for the moscow bombing. Kirilin either really wanted to save him, or he had the orders to neutralize him so that he doesn't talk.

Do you remember the beginning of the campaign, where we are in a church as a CDF soldier (I presume) and then Cooper wake up in the USS Khe Sanh ??

Well I found this on Wikipedia and it explains a lot of things never recounted in the campaign :

"...On 21 September 2009, as a part of their coup, the ChDKZ invaded the island of Útes (home to a Chernarussian military training base). Overwhelmed, the remaining Chernarussian military forces in the area regrouped at a church in the Útes village of Strelka in an attempt to fight off the tenacious ChDKZ attack. Ultimately, the Chernarussian military forces on the island were overwhelmed by the massive onslaught, and the island fell to the ChDKZ. As a result, U.S. Marines, operating nearby from the Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, USS Khe Sanh (LHD-9), launched an amphibious invasion of Útes to liberate the island from the ChDKZ forces. Soon after the U.S. Marines landed on the island, the ChDKZ were routed, and Útes was liberated..."

My question is, how can a normal player be aware of these things ?? What's the sense of introduce that Utes cutscene at the beginning without explaining it...

Kirilin either really wanted to save him, or he had the orders to neutralize him so that he doesn't talk.

It's also possible Kirilin oversteped his orders when supporting ChDKz, or/and wasn't aware who really bombed Kremlin, in result ended up betraying his own country unwilingly, and everything that followed was more and more desperate attempt to cover things up. Or his team was abondoned by Russian command like Razor Team in Missing In Action ending, and he was trying to capture and deliver Lopotev himself to prove his innocence.

My question is, how can a normal player be aware of these things ?? What's the sense of introduce that Utes cutscene at the beginning without explaining it...

CDF getting zerged by ChDKz is cuscene itself, Armstrong mentions UMSC landing on Utes during his speach. First single mission covers retaking CDF training facility at airport