Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Operation Aegean Shield - British Armed Forces

Are you Skinning the Lynx in the royal navy gray?

I skinned the Wildcat to be Green, like in BAF. Remember, these guys aren't navy, they're 16th Air Assault paratroopers.

I do think that this mod would improve a lot if some sort of support for the L85 rifle addon was added ( maybe a config file or an additional pbo ). To me it's hard to buy that british troops wouldn't use their own rifle.

Next update's changelog (Coming saturday):

+ Added MTP Carryall.

- Removed Scrim helmets (Redoing these later.)

> Fixed MTP to match uniform colors.

> Edited MTP light helmet texture.

> Minor edits to unit inventories.

> Edited units to use new MTP backpacks.

> Tweaked characters.

Edited by Nightmare515

I do think that this mod would improve a lot if some sort of support for the L85 rifle addon was added ( maybe a config file or an additional pbo ). To me it's hard to buy that british troops wouldn't use their own rifle.

I think he will probably add them once Kiory brings out a RIS version of his L85, as his units represent a close-future/arma-verse units so giving them the current standard L85's would be out of place and the old RIS version isn't that good looking, so if you want him to use them uggest the RIS L85 oon Kiorys thread so that they become his next version he makes as it is looking like other people want UGl first, L86, Stubby l85 and then Silencers before the RIS version.

Also anything on when you will be doing groups?

Also anything on when you will be doing groups?

Not soon. They're kinda confusing imho.

A screen for you guys:

http://i.imgur.com/TbrGPgW.jpg (239 kB)

Update is coming in an hour. :)

Looking forward to it! You should add the RAF or army airforce roundel onto the helicopter to show what faction it is and also because the real life ones have them as well.

I'm redoing my hideous Warrior reskin. Don't worry, I barely did anything.

I'm going to start doing this now.

Edited by Nightmare515

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Will you update or make a Brit pilot for the helicopters? As they are US ones currently, also once Kiory does bring out a L85 RIS I think you should do two versions, ones with and ones without L85, e.g Arma-verse brits (F2000) and modern brits (L85) as a seperate section in the editer.

Guys, I'm sorry but I'll need more practice to finish the FV-720 Warrior II. But I promise, IT WILL COME.

Will you update or make a Brit pilot for the helicopters? As they are US ones currently, also once Kiory does bring out a L85 RIS I think you should do two versions, ones with and ones without L85, e.g Arma-verse brits (F2000) and modern brits (L85) as a seperate section in the editer.

I'm gonna replace the MK20's fully with the L85A2s, but I want to wait for the L85A2 UGL, RIS, and Carbine versions come out.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

A small something...

Y5Lvhhs.png

The symbol of British units deployed to Altis?

Here's a hint:

Take the OTHER OPFOR faction in OA (Not the Takistani Army), and then take the name of the main ArmA 3 island, and replace the location name with that OPFOR faction. ;)

Altis Militia.

Close enough. :D

Im guessing it'll be another module and separate from this, tho still be under the theme of your Operation Aegean Shield?

Close enough. :D

Im guessing it'll be another module and separate from this, tho still be under the theme of your Operation Aegean Shield?

Yep. Though I will start work on it once my Warrior is rolled out.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Version 1.8 will include groups, and 1.9 will include the Warrior.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/6yOqcrM.jpg (187 kB)

A small something. :)

would you guys ever replace the standard weapons with the new released SA80?

The Warriors are striking out onto the volatile islands of Altis and Stratis, next update!

http://i.imgur.com/GRkM1lc.jpg (247 kB)

Expect the next update this week. I decided to push it closer to release cause I finally got motivated to do this. I still need to do some last minute fixing however. Hope you like it! ^^

would you guys ever replace the standard weapons with the new released SA80?

Eventually, I'm waiting on the UGL and RIS variants to come out.

Technically the OPFOR should be the Altisian Republican Militia, since in OA it was the Takistani Republican Militia

Im interested to see a battle between Blufor's FIA and your Opfor's Militia on Altis. Probably be the ultimate futuristic civil war experience. :D