Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

(STI) A-10 for ARMA 3

Like Chortles says this version A-10A wont really have anything special in its TVM, well it does have something in it right now ;) but it aint alot of pages of information etc.

but for future versions like A10A+ and or A10C i do have plans on the MFCD/MFD actually having "pages" to go though from TGP, Mavcam, store info etc.

and possibly on the C version some way of relaying the video feed to the ground forces if i can get something like that working, got some ideas but ill tackle that when its time.

on another note instead of making lot of new threads atm, i though id share something else im working on here in the deep dungeon of STI mansion ;)

and once the arma 2 samples gets out ill have a bit more stuff planned from their Air vehicles.

th_2013-11-27_00002.jpg th_f507a2e2-a26a-4a3c-a072-50f1be26ac7d.jpg

Full Size Gallery

Edited by Stiltman

Hey,

could you tell me, when you want to release your A10 for ArmA 3? Im a very big fan of the A10 Warthog since i´ve played her the first time on ArmA 2.

Your A10 looks very very nice and im happy to test your A10 if you release it.

Good work. Keep it up.

Mo alias Nussknacker

Hey,

could you tell me, when you want to release your A10 for ArmA 3? Im a very big fan of the A10 Warthog since i´ve played her the first time on ArmA 2.

Your A10 looks very very nice and im happy to test your A10 if you release it.

Good work. Keep it up.

Mo alias Nussknacker

When its done, jeez!

Keep in mind that Stiltman's been working from the Arma 1 samples, whereas he's waiting on the Arma 2 models for more goodness; part of the upside of the upcoming Arma 2 MLOD release is that the "porting over" situation will be like the Arma 1 samples in that he won't have to go asking for permission on a case-by-case basis for use of the Arma 2 content.

@ Stiltman: Have you gone straight to AV-8B+ as "the" depicted version of the Harrier II? Either way, keep in mind what I said about the wing landing gear fairings... ;)

When this mod gets released, community has taken air-superiority over BI :)

Good work, looking forward to smash some T-100s with your Warthog Baby!

Keep in mind that Stiltman's been working from the Arma 1 samples, whereas he's waiting on the Arma 2 models for more goodness; part of the upside of the upcoming Arma 2 MLOD release is that the "porting over" situation will be like the Arma 1 samples in that he won't have to go asking for permission on a case-by-case basis for use of the Arma 2 content.

@ Stiltman: Have you gone straight to AV-8B+ as "the" depicted version of the Harrier II? Either way, keep in mind what I said about the wing landing gear fairings... ;)

well how ironic, they come out next week

Hey guys. Considering what's so special about the A10 and its massive new loadouts of bombs and missiles, we really thought it deserved a new GAU-8 as well. The old one was a very simple model with blurry textures, so now it's a brand new one of ~2.2k poly's and about 4 times bigger textures (Doubled texture-size and better use of available space). Still work in progress though so the current textures are quite basic while working on a proper shadowlod.

gauwip2.jpg

Speaking of textures. Just to throw it out there, the base set has been upscaled from 2k to 4k and are receiving new details now and then as we progress. It's quite a lot of work to remake these for a much sharper look since the normal- and specularmaps also has to be updated, so everything will most likely not be done for the first release, but that's the standard we're aiming for anyway.

As we showed last week, the first step was to replace all the blurry decals from the base-textures to new remade ones on separate geometry with alpha-textures, which also adds great possibilities for personal customization through hiddentexture. Here's something of an overview of where you can add whatever logo's, stripes or callsigns you want. Blue is for a small 512x512 texture that covers numbers, callsigns and a splendid hatch-painting for pilots to feel as home when they climb the ladder (download-friendly for missions). Red is a of a 2048x1024 texture that covers more detailed logo's and all sides of the rear wings. Nothing is mirrored so you can add text or numbers without it being awkward on the other side. Clantags has been completely deleted from the exterior though and will most likely not be added again.

a10wip.jpg

Hey guys. Considering what's so special about the A10 and its massive new loadouts of bombs and missiles, we really thought it deserved a new GAU-8 as well. The old one was a very simple model with blurry textures, so now it's a brand new one of ~2.2k poly's and about 4 times bigger textures (Doubled texture-size and better use of available space). Still work in progress though so the current textures are quite basic while working on a proper shadowlod.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5066808/Screenshots/gauwip2.jpg

Speaking of textures. Just to throw it out there, the base set has been upscaled from 2k to 4k and are receiving new details now and then as we progress. It's quite a lot of work to remake these for a much sharper look since the normal- and specularmaps also has to be updated, so everything will most likely not be done for the first release, but that's the standard we're aiming for anyway.

As we showed last week, the first step was to replace all the blurry decals from the base-textures to new remade ones on separate geometry with alpha-textures, which also adds great possibilities for personal customization through hiddentexture. Here's something of an overview of where you can add whatever logo's, stripes or callsigns you want. Blue is for a small 512x512 texture that covers numbers, callsigns and a splendid hatch-painting for pilots to feel as home when they climb the ladder (download-friendly for missions). Red is a of a 2048x1024 texture that covers more detailed logo's and all sides of the rear wings. Nothing is mirrored so you can add text or numbers without it being awkward on the other side. Clantags has been completely deleted from the exterior though and will most likely not be added again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5066808/Screenshots/a10wip.jpg

how dare you tease me with a full combat load :butbut:

A while ago I made a new hud for the A10, it was based on the pictures and info I found in the DCS manual. It uses feet and knots/mph, has a mach read out etc. It has all new targeting graphics and it is all properly aligned with the weapons and targets. If you want I could dig it up and you could have it

A10A arma doesnt have the C model. I did use a few A10C pics as reference though. They do have fairly simular huds.

Well, if you have it i wouldnt mind having a look, if not i mean we might plan on a C version later on to so would probably be helpful anyhow :)

As you can see, the hud is really simple with almost no ladders or graphics. Another thing i did was to complete the pitch ladder, BIS gave up after 50° lol

How does the menu work in game? Does it work so that it's only usable inside hangars or what?

How does the menu work in game? Does it work so that it's only usable inside hangars or what?

If it's the same as the F18, you just have to be next to a hangar, then you can open the menu and change de plane loadout.

It'd work within 15 meters of either a hangar or a HEMTT Ammo (NATO) truck.

@ Stiltman: Have you decided on how to implement AN/ALQ-131 functionality in the game, considering how relatively limited the choices for the outermost stations are compared to those closer to the fuselage?

If it's the same as the F18, you just have to be next to a hangar, then you can open the menu and change de plane loadout.

No its ammo trucks...you have to be next to the ammo trucks

@All

As Stiltman intended "Service menu" will be available in three conditions from aircrafts cockpit:

- plane is parked [0 speed] within a 25m from SOFT HANGARS on Startis and Altis

- plane is parked [0 speed] within a 25m from HARDENED HANGARS on Altis

- plane is parked [0 speed] within a 25m from NATO service vehicle HEMTT Ammo