Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

Altis Life RPG

Hey guys,

concerning the performance issues i made some observations this morning.

if server restarts empty and people joining if the mission is already loaded, everythings fine, even with 30+ player only a very small fps drop to 47-50

if server restarts and the exact same amount of players instantly trying to connect (even if the mission is not yet fully loaded) the fps right after start is like 25-30

anyone else experienced this?

is there a way to prevent people from connecting if the mission is not yet fully loaded?

thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Hey Guys.

First off all i want to thank Tonic for this awesome script!

And then to my questions for help and so.

How can i add Custom skins for the Police? (Uniforms) i have already understood the vehicle part but i would like if someone could explain this more for me! cause i have tryed like 10 diffrent ways and now im back to start and want to ask the guys/girls that knows how this is done for help before i ruin the script so if someone could make a tutorial or a explaination for this would be awesome!!

So:

How can i add Custom skins for Police? (uniforms)

And how can i make Multiply diffrent skins for Coplevels? example Coplevel == 1 has one skin and == 2 another?

And my last question is how do i change the skins for example Van_Transport? cause i have added a texture file and changed it inside Vehiclecolorcfg and Vehiclecolorstr but when i spawn the car ingame it just has the normal White or red..

Thanks in advance!

Anyone that can help out with this? im currently working on a update for my server and in that these skins will be in. but i cant get them to work somehow. so i need some help!

//Xeazor

Ok you guys helped much but really someone tell me how to change the textures of the police uniforms

I need for Normal police they all private then for my SWAT they captain rank and for my DEA they Major rank plz someone a tutorial or tipps where i find the charater modells for retexture

Is the life_server.pbo there?

The folder that was supplied in the download was a unPBO'd version of the life_server.pbo

Without the life_server.pbo in the @life_server\addons folder there is no addon to launch therefor nothing exists.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/27/6amaqa7y.jpg (114 kB)

muqe7ysu.jpg

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

It does support this.

As for MySQL server being on a different box I believe Arma2MySQL supports that but I don't know how response time would be for queries.

Hi !

Anyone have the code to put carshop in the others Rebel Outpost please ? I tried to copy and paste the only one carshop and it's doesn't work ( I have create a marker )

Thanks

Hello,

Is it possible to change the fuel to expand on some vehicle and increase on the other?

Can also ensure that when the vehicle is being repaired, refueled is not it?

Thank you for your help

The system auto-saves for critical things such as withdrawing money, depositing money and some other sensitive events to some-what prevent money exploits but keep the pipe for MySQL clear. The Sync data feature isn't prioritized and has various different issues.

Thanks Tonic, do you have a working list of those issues, so that we coud be aware, or even attempt to correct.

What about a working list of classnames that work. I tried using some skins but they did not show, or I was in my undies lol.

Also, can anyone help me in adding more shops/stores? One issue at a time for me..

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Does really no one knows how to change the police uniforms ??

*edit- Now after reading your question again, it may seem you are after changing skins, if so, I apologize. /edit*

That's actually easy dude,let me help!

Go in to missionpbo /core/config/fn_copDefault.sqf

Edit the highlighted lines to what you want. I will be working on how to add specific loadouts for specific cop levels, and when I do I will post it. Also going to add backpack items as well. But you start here...

//Strip the player down
RemoveAllWeapons player;
{player removeMagazine _x;} foreach (magazines player);
removeUniform player;
removeVest player;
removeBackpack player;
removeGoggles player;
removeHeadGear player;
{
player unassignItem _x;
player removeItem _x;
} foreach (assignedItems player);

//Load player with default cop gear.
player addUniform "U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo";  [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to change default skin[/color]
player addVest "V_Rangemaster_belt"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a vest[/color]
player addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line for mags, or other addMagazine related gear[/color]
player addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; 
player addWeapon "hgun_P07_snds_F"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line for primary weapon, and side weapon[/color]
player addItem "ItemMap"; [color="#FF0000"]// add specific item class items  [/color]
player assignItem "ItemMap"; [color="#FF0000"]// dont forget to assign the item[/color]
player addItem "ItemCompass";
player assignItem "ItemCompass";
player addBackPack 'B_TacticalPack_oli'; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a backpack, it may not be in the original, i added it [/color]
//add items to backpack
mybackpack = unitBackpack player; [color="#FF0000"]// add this line to declare mybackpack[/color]
mybackpack addWeaponCargo ["hgun_P07_snds_F",1]; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a weapon in your backpack[/color]
mybackpack addMagazineCargo ["16Rnd_9x21_Mag",4]; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a magazine in your backpack[/color]
mybackpack addItemCargo ["ItemMap",2]; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add an item in your back pack[/color]
[] call life_fnc_saveGear;

That should do it. Like I said it's pretty simple, and once I add the backpack items, I will update this bit of code! I have edited the code to also include items in the backpack as well. Go here for skin classes, but beware, not all of them work, so you have to test! Go here for a list of classnames, but like I said, be sure to test.

Edited by midgetgrimm
added title for searchers/ also updated how to add items in backpack

Thanks Tonic, do you have a working list of those issues, so that we coud be aware, or even attempt to correct.

What about a working list of classnames that work. I tried using some skins but they did not show, or I was in my undies lol.

Also, can anyone help me in adding more shops/stores? One issue at a time for me..

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

That's actually easy dude,let me help!

Go in to missionpbo /core/config/fn_copDefault.sqf

Edit the highlighted lines to what you want. I will be working on how to add specific loadouts for specific cop levels, and when I do I will post it. Also going to add backpack items as well. But you start here...

//Strip the player down
RemoveAllWeapons player;
{player removeMagazine _x;} foreach (magazines player);
removeUniform player;
removeVest player;
removeBackpack player;
removeGoggles player;
removeHeadGear player;
{
player unassignItem _x;
player removeItem _x;
} foreach (assignedItems player);

//Load player with default cop gear.
player addUniform "U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo";  [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to change default skin[/color]
player addVest "V_Rangemaster_belt"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a vest[/color]
player addMagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line for mags, or other addMagazine related gear[/color]
player addWeapon "hgun_P07_snds_F"; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line for primary weapon, and side weapon[/color]
player addBackPack 'B_TacticalPack_oli'; [color="#FF0000"]// edit this line to add a backpack, it may not be in the original, i added it [/color]
player addItem "ItemMap"; [color="#FF0000"]// add specific item class items  [/color]
player assignItem "ItemMap"; [color="#FF0000"]// dont forget to assign the item[/color]
player addItem "ItemCompass";
player assignItem "ItemCompass";

[] call life_fnc_saveGear;

That should do it. Like I said it's pretty simple, and once I add the backpack items, I will update this bit of code! Go here for skin classes, but beware, not all of them work, so you have to test! Go here for a list of classnames, but like I said, be sure to test.

I know there you change the custom loadout but i wanna change the whole texture i have my own paa for the uniforms like swat and stuff and i need to change them not to change the loadout

and what i wanna know is how to change the textures of the rangemasterbelt and uniform and the vests and stuff not the loadout

Edited by derLandvogt

Good afternoon,

On my server when a civilian to buy a car in Rebel Outpost near the Athira, the car does not appear and is discounted. Is anyone having the same problem?

The owners of servers you are using against hackers?

Thank you

Edited by Dilu_Das_Minas

hey tonic

i've spent tons of hours to get the siren lights to work.

siren lights work perfectly for the offroader.

i got it working that, if you buy a SUV or hunter fresh, the lights are working fine

BUT if you get the suv or hunter out of the garage, the lights won't work!

if anyone has an idea what COULD cause this, suggestions are highly appreciated.. if you tonic, could give us a workaround on this.. that would be really great!

appreciate your work tonic and all of your help guys

hey tonic

i got it working that, if you buy a SUV or hunter fresh, the lights are working fine

if anyone has an idea what COULD cause this, suggestions are highly appreciated.. if you tonic, could give us a workaround on this.. that would be really great!

Can you tell me how you got the lights working maybe with pictures

I know there you change the custom loadout but i wanna change the whole texture i have my own paa for the uniforms like swat and stuff and i need to change them not to change the loadout

and what i wanna know is how to change the textures of the rangemasterbelt and uniform and the vests and stuff not the loadout

Yeah sorry about that... I did edit taht post though to show you how to add items to backpack on spawn for cop

Does anyone have the "frog swamp" code to catch frogs and sell?

GOT IT! Finally, it loads @Arma2NET;@life_server :)

Ha well, now the arma3server.exe crashes after the Mission was read by the Client ugh. :mad:

Arma2NET Log File

02/27/2014 22:28:10 Arma2Net.Unmanaged loaded successfully

02/27/2014 22:28:11 Fatal unhandled exception of type System.IO.FileNotFoundException

02/27/2014 22:28:11 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

File name: 'Arma2Net.Managed, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e'

at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunctionImpl(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)

at Arma2Net.Unmanaged.InvokeFunction(SByte* output, Int32 outputSize, SByte* function)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Arma2NET.2014-2-27 Log File

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NET 2.3.0.0 running on CLR 4.0.30319.18408

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Loaded into process Arma2NetExplorer

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Loading add-ins

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Caught exception of type System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException while loading add-in Arma2NetExplorer.exe

02/27/2014 22:25:39 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.89.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainLoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainDoCallback()

at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackImpl(AppDomain domain, Delegate func, Object arg)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackWithResult[T,TResult](AppDomain domain, Func`2 func, T arg)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.LoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Domain Name Version Publisher Description

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQL 0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs MySQL procedure commands.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQLCommand0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs raw MySQL/SQLite commands

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQLCommandAsync0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs asynchronous raw MySQL/SQLite commands

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe ClrVersion 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Retrieves the version of the Common Language Runtime.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe CompareVersion 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Compares two version strings and returns an integer indicating how they compare.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Version 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the version of Arma2NET.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe GetClipboardText 1.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Gets the clipboard text value.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe SetClipboardText 1.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Sets the clipboard to a text value.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe CommandLine 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the command line used to start the application.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NetExplorer.exe DateTime 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the current date and time.

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Arma2NET initialized in 00:00:00.0392287

02/27/2014 22:25:39 function: AddIns

02/27/2014 22:25:39 maxResultSize: 4095

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Result size: 180

02/27/2014 22:25:39 Result: ["Arma2NETMySQL", "Arma2NETMySQLCommand", "Arma2NETMySQLCommandAsync", "ClrVersion", "CompareVersion", "Version", "GetClipboardText", "SetClipboardText", "CommandLine", "DateTime"]

02/27/2014 22:25:44 Caught exception of type System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

02/27/2014 22:25:44 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL\Databases.txt'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)

at System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Databases..ctor()

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Startup.StartupConnection()

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Invoke(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainInvokeAddIn(AddInArguments args)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackImpl(AppDomain domain, Delegate func, Object arg)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DoCallbackWithResult[T,TResult](AppDomain domain, Func`2 func, T arg)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.InvokeAddIn(String addInName, String arguments, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeBuiltInOrAddIn(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeFunction(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

02/27/2014 22:25:44 function: Arma2NETMySQL

02/27/2014 22:25:44 maxResultSize: 4095

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Unloading add-ins

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Loading add-ins

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Caught exception of type System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException while loading add-in Arma2NetExplorer.exe

02/27/2014 22:26:28 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.89.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Attempt to load an unverifiable executable with fixups (IAT with more than 2 sections or a TLS section.) (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainLoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.LoadAddIn(String assemblyFile)

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Domain Name Version Publisher Description

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQL 0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs MySQL procedure commands.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQLCommand0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs raw MySQL/SQLite commands

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Arma2NETMySQLCommandAsync0.1.0.0 firefly2442 Runs asynchronous raw MySQL/SQLite commands

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe ClrVersion 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Retrieves the version of the Common Language Runtime.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe CompareVersion 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Compares two version strings and returns an integer indicating how they compare.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe Version 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the version of Arma2NET.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe GetClipboardText 1.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Gets the clipboard text value.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe SetClipboardText 1.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Sets the clipboard to a text value.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe CommandLine 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the command line used to start the application.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Arma2NetExplorer.exe DateTime 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the current date and time.

02/27/2014 22:26:28 function: Reload

02/27/2014 22:26:28 maxResultSize: 4095

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Result size: 0

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Result: <null>

02/27/2014 22:26:28 function: AddIns

02/27/2014 22:26:28 maxResultSize: 4095

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Result size: 180

02/27/2014 22:26:28 Result: ["Arma2NETMySQL", "Arma2NETMySQLCommand", "Arma2NETMySQLCommandAsync", "ClrVersion", "CompareVersion", "Version", "GetClipboardText", "SetClipboardText", "CommandLine", "DateTime"]

02/27/2014 22:26:31 Caught exception of type System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

02/27/2014 22:26:31 System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Invoke(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainInvokeAddIn(AddInArguments args)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.InvokeAddIn(String addInName, String arguments, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeBuiltInOrAddIn(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeFunction(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

02/27/2014 22:26:31 function: Arma2NETMySQL

02/27/2014 22:26:31 maxResultSize: 4095

arma3server.exe Crash Log by Windows

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: CLR20r3

Problemsignatur 01: arma3server.exe

Problemsignatur 02: 1.10.114.700

Problemsignatur 03: 52e8552f

Problemsignatur 04: Arma2Net.Unmanaged

Problemsignatur 05: 0.0.0.0

Problemsignatur 06: 50bbd6d2

Problemsignatur 07: 8

Problemsignatur 08: 5

Problemsignatur 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Arma2NETMySQL Log File

Info: 22:26:30 - Logging started in directory: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Arma2NETMySQL/logs/

Info: 22:26:30 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 22:26:30 - Version number: 0.1.0.0

Info: 22:26:30 - Loading databases...

Info: 22:26:30 - Databases.txt file loading in from: D:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\@Arma2NET\Databases.txt

Info: 22:26:30 - Type: mysql Database: arma3life IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: arma3 Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons

Error: 22:26:31 - The number and/or format of the arguments passed in doesn't match.

Maybe my @ARMA2Net is broken? Should i redownload it? Please give me a link to the right one. Because there are different ones [compiled, non-compiled, etc.]

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVICE.. It may sound stupish, but you already helped me so much. I wish i could give you all a hug!

Edited by Firedead

I have combed through the entire thread....yes i started 3 days ago reading......I must say....venom and btn....you guys know your crap...lol

My question is i've made some custom clothing for the civs on our server, I need to add them into the mod obviously

1. I have the textures in a root file \textures\"item of mention"\"item.paa"

2. I know where to put them in the Bruce.sqf

3. I dont know the proper syntax to make the two see each other......

4. I have put default arma skins already into the shops on our server....I just wanted to add more custom ones.

Please help

THANKS!

hey tonic

Yes I have this same issue as well, any idea how to fix anyone?

Can you tell me how you got the lights working maybe with pictures

Yes, go here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG&p=2594493&viewfull=1#post2594493

Or just go to MissionPBO/core/cop/fn_copLights.sqf

WHat I noticed is that the _leftlight had to be grouped with the left, and the _rightlight with the right. Still an issue though when recovered from garage, the lights don't work on some of them.

/*
File: fn_copLights.sqf
Author: mindstorm, modified by Adanteh
Link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157474-Offroad-Police-sirens-lights-and-underglow

Description:
Adds the light effect to cop vehicles, specifically the offroad.
*/
Private ["_vehicle","_lightRed","_lightBlue","_lightleft","_lightright","_leftRed"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;

if(isNil "_vehicle" OR isNull _vehicle OR !(_vehicle getVariable "lights")) exitWith {};
_lightRed = [20, 0.1, 0.1];
_lightBlue = [0.1, 0.1, 20];

_lightleft = "#lightpoint" createVehicle getpos _vehicle;   
sleep 0.2;
_lightleft setLightColor _lightRed; 
_lightleft setLightBrightness 0.2;  
_lightleft setLightAmbient [0.1,0.1,1];
_lightleft setLightDayLight true; [color="#FF0000"] //add this line here <=================================[/color]

switch (typeOf _vehicle) do
{
case "C_Offroad_01_F":
{
	_lightleft lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [-0.37, 0.0, 0.56]];
};

case "B_MRAP_01_F":
{
	_lightleft lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [-0.37, -1.9, 0.7]];
};

case "C_SUV_01_F":
{
	_lightleft lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [-0.37,-1.2,0.42]];
};
};

_lightleft setLightAttenuation [0.181, 0, 1000, 130]; 
_lightleft setLightIntensity 10;
_lightleft setLightFlareSize 0.38;
_lightleft setLightFlareMaxDistance 150;
_lightleft setLightUseFlare true;

_lightright = "#lightpoint" createVehicle getpos _vehicle;   
sleep 0.2;
_lightright setLightColor _lightBlue; 
_lightright setLightBrightness 0.2;  
_lightright setLightAmbient [0.1,0.1,1]; 
_lightright setLightDayLight true;[color="#FF0000"] //add this line here <=================================[/color]
switch (typeOf _vehicle) do
{
case "C_Offroad_01_F":
{
	_lightright lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [0.37, 0.0, 0.56]];
};

case "B_MRAP_01_F":
{
	_lightright lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [0.37, -1.9, 0.7]];
};

case "C_SUV_01_F":
{
	_lightright lightAttachObject [_vehicle, [0.37,-1.2,0.42]];
};
};

_lightright setLightAttenuation [0.181, 0, 1000, 130]; 
_lightright setLightIntensity 10;
_lightright setLightFlareSize 0.38;
_lightright setLightFlareMaxDistance 150;
_lightright setLightUseFlare true;

_leftRed = true;  
while{ (alive _vehicle)} do  
{  
if(!(_vehicle getVariable "lights")) exitWith {};
if(_leftRed) then  
{  
	_leftRed = false;  
	_lightright setLightBrightness 0.0;  
	sleep 0.05;
	_lightleft setLightBrightness 6;  
}  
	else  
{  
	_leftRed = true;  
	_lightleft setLightBrightness 0.0;  
	sleep 0.05;
	_lightright setLightBrightness 6;  
};  
sleep (_this select 1);  
};  
deleteVehicle _lightleft;
deleteVehicle _lightright;

Then go into MissionPBO/core/fn_setupActions.sqf and remove

&& sunOrMoon < 1

from

life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) == "C_Offroad_01_F" && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights") [color="#FF0000"]&& sunOrMoon < 1[/color]']];

So it looks like this

life_actions = life_actions + [player addAction["Siren Lights ON",{[[vehicle player,0.22],"life_fnc_copLights",true,false] spawn life_fnc_MP; vehicle player setVariable["lights",true,true];},"",0,false,false,"",' vehicle player != player && (typeOf vehicle player) in ["C_Offroad_01_F","B_MRAP_01_F","C_SUV_01_F"] && !isNil {vehicle player getVariable "lights"} && ((driver vehicle player) == player) && !(vehicle player getVariable "lights")']];

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Can anyone give me a hand adding extra shops and stores around the map?

Also want to create a border on the south part of the map for rebels...which I would like to add a Rebel Faction, but one at a time...

So if anyone has any help on the extra store/shops, I'd much appreciate it!

Yeah If someone can help me find the white list file for the bluefor i have been looking in the files for about a week now and i cant find the white list file for the bluefor or cops

Anyone Know what the different cop levels are?

You mean like ranks? I think it's only 1-Patrol 2-Officer 3-Sergeant. I haven't seen anywhere above a 3 in configging anything.. So I think you could just add them yourself to whatever you want them to be...might be a few spaces though, or could just pick and choose I guess, like make different ranks can buy bigger and better, same with vehicles, but keep the clothing stores the same where everyone over a 3 get the same choices...

Otherwise, it's what you specify when you code it. Like in shops. You can set different levels.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Yeah If someone can help me find the white list file for the bluefor i have been looking in the files for about a week now and i cant find the white list file for the bluefor or cops

It's not in a file, it's in the database itself. Open whatever you use to view your database(I use Heidi SQL, it's free and easy) and look in the players table data and you will see playernames and columns. Look for the ones marked copevel, adminlevel, donorlvl, and blacklist and change the value for what you like. Cops are 0-7(1 and above are whitelisted), admins are 0-4 and donors are 0-5. Respectively you can edit the code to reflect multiple levels. As Tonic has stated though, he only did items for donors up to level 3 and and cops up to level 3 as well.

http://gyazo.com/9cb788f1b2d443704db69c49722fde14.png (133 kB)

Does really noone knows how to set custom uniform textures? please make a guide or a tutorial for it. i have been looking over it for 2 days now and havnt got it working yet.

And can you make the game use jpg files instead of Paa? and if how to make a working jpg file for the game?

Hey guys!

We're a German community so I translate everything in our language.

Now I've found some strange error which I hate.

Text in functions like _hint or generall in dialogs couldn't view special characters.

But a bit dialogs und _hint functions view special characters and the most not.

FOR EXAMPLE

I used such special characters at the dialog "player_inv.hpp".

If I pressed Z ingame and open the dialog all special characters are SHOWN.

The same special characters I used in the dialog "gang.hpp".

But if I klick to open this dialog all special characters are NOT SHOWN.

Now I edit the hall language and saw this bug.

I'm frustated. Did anyone know why it shows special characters there and otherwise not?

special characters

Ä ä Ö ö Ü ü ß

I'm currently working on fixing the issues. Fixed a few save issues which was a result of certain characters in players name breaking the SQL query