Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

New amazing operation flashpoint resistance

Good mission, very funny, original, refreshing smile.gif

Well done Ex-RoNiN.

RED

Grrr, I finally found the ancient warrior place, it was the last place I expected! wow.gif Let's see, ruins, there are at least 100. What about a castle? Noooo...so I finally find the right ruins. tounge.gif

Now I have to fight the damn demons. Are they scripted to come after you at 0600? Because I have to hunt them out in the forest. I didn't think they awakened until the sun came up, so the first forest I just ran into and tried to put out the fire, and pissed my pants again when a guy suddenly shot at me. tounge.gif So now I have to rat out these guys from the the other forests...

Whoohoo! Now I have to find the, "snake." wink.gif

But I can't find it...is it on the main island or do I have to land next to those Shilkas to take it. confused.gif

I found it. biggrin.gif

But, I killed everyone bad there, and then I drove the trucks up...but it will not rearm. I tried every placement of the truck, but it refuses to rearm at all. I cannot finish the mission without rearming it. sad.gif I can refuel and repair, but not rearm...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Aug. 31 2002,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found it.  biggrin.gif

But, I killed everyone bad there, and then I drove the trucks up...but it will not rearm. I tried every placement of the truck, but it refuses to rearm at all. I cannot finish the mission without rearming it.  sad.gif I can refuel and repair, but not rearm...<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif

I will investigate immediately!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Aug. 31 2002,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found it.  biggrin.gif

But, I killed everyone bad there, and then I drove the trucks up...but it will not rearm. I tried every placement of the truck, but it refuses to rearm at all. I cannot finish the mission without rearming it.  sad.gif I can refuel and repair, but not rearm...<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, looks like you found a MAJOR bug sad.gif

Ill fix it tomorrow (its almost 3am here), I am TERRIBLY sorry sad.gif

Cant believe how I managed to not notice this sad.gif

Sorry everyone sad.gifsad.gif

Do you go to the airport in the desert after the castle? I seached the building and can't find anyone. I need help!

Roger

Hi,

your mission is great! And actually playing it gives me the heebie-jeebies!

As I saw the first time any demon (well the russian soldiers wink.gif ) I didn't know what to do, as he scared the hell out of me!

I just drove him down. Then I drove further more, and then, an officer gave me, while I was driving zig-zag at 100 km/h, the ultimate shot in the head. I jumped out my chair and closed OFP as soon as possible and got into my bed!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RogerL @ Aug. 31 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you go to the airport in the desert after the castle? I seached the building and can't find anyone. I need help!

Roger<span id='postcolor'>

No, after the castle you have to search the desert for a similar place, like ruins and stuff smile.gif

Try east of the airport.

Ok, I have changed the link in the first post, it is the fixed version.

I will give you the link in this post too, it is the fixed version!

You can get it here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Aug. 31 2002,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi,

your mission is great! And actually playing it gives me the heebie-jeebies!

As I saw the first time any demon (well the russian soldiers  wink.gif ) I didn't know what to do, as he scared the hell out of me!

I just drove him down. Then I drove further more, and then, an officer gave me, while I was driving zig-zag at 100 km/h, the ultimate shot in the head. I jumped out my chair and closed OFP as soon as possible and got into my bed!<span id='postcolor'>

Lol...so its not just me? cryout.gifnervous.gifheul.gif

axe.gifPEACE

Lol, I jumped out of my chair at least three times playing this, I love role playing in OFP, especially the creepy kind... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Aug. 31 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, I jumped out of my chair at least three times playing this, I love role playing in OFP, especially the creepy kind... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Monotype Corsiva'>Thats the kind of response I was hoping for</span></span> biggrin.gif

Yep, I "completed" it per se, however, I destroyed all the evil at the mouth, but had no idea what do to next, so I just copped out and used endmission. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Sep. 02 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, I "completed" it per se, however, I destroyed all the evil at the mouth, but had no idea what do to next, so I just copped out and used endmission.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you destroy the LST as well?

I know it doesn't show up as enemy on the radar, but I changed its side to East :$

There might be a soldier or two left on the island with the tanks on as well.

wow.gif

Didn't destroy the LST...I don't think it is possible without a reload. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Sep. 02 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif

Didn't destroy the LST...I don't think it is possible without a reload.  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

After you kill the Shilkas (using 1 Tow each), I recommend sinking the LST with a Tow and some m-gun fire first, it is damaged, you won't need to expend much ammo on it. Then go back and fry those tanks and soldiers smile.gif

On a note unrelated to the mission, how do you change the side of a unit without using notepad? I tried to do it ingame but it kept giving me errors of some sort. Could you typ out an example of the text to put for me?

You can't, you just have to open your mission.sqm and change it from there.

Edit: Unless you want to group the unit you want to change sides with a unit of the opposite side, then ungroup it in a script or trigger.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 03 2002,08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't, you just have to open your mission.sqm and change it from there.

Edit: Unless you want to group the unit you want to change sides with a unit of the opposite side, then ungroup it in a script or trigger.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

What he says smile.gif

In the meantime, Fairy Island got its first review, check it out: http://www.opflashpoint.org/maps.php?v=697

Although it says 1.2, it is 1.5 really smile.gif

Thanks very much to Anmac smile.gif

Ah., thank you. Now for the mission...

It scares me.

All of the time I drove, I had a tendency to freak out when I saw the terrain acting up, thinking it was the enemy.

Right now, I'm close to the "dry sea gathering area" (Name chaned to not release spoilers). Is there anything I should be warned of? If anything pops up, I'm ready to piss my pants off... so I want advanced warning.

Really goos map m8 wow!

but i have one request please please please can you make a mp version? it shouldnt be that hard to do confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 04 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really goos map m8 wow!

but i have one request please please please can you make a mp version? it shouldnt be that hard to do  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How would an MP map work?

Multiple heroes? Multiple villains hunting 1 hero (reminiscent of CS VIP missions)?

I don't think that this mission could be converted to play in MP very well,

I guess you could have about 2 heros searching for something which will be in 1 of 4 random locations with about 5 villans searching and preventing them from getting to what ever they are searching for.

RED