Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Well I gave Publisher a quick try, selected the PBO (btw where do I put the signature and the rest of the files !?), filled in all the info and when I hit the publish button, it crashed. Like I said, will deal with this eventually, but not now. Already spent more time than I wanted to with it.

New mod v0.1 beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@asdg_jm.png

@ Robalo ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I found problems of compatiblity with other addons when i try to create MP host in internet (in LAN work well). When i go Internet and i create game, ArmA3 freeze. The problems is with this combinations.

CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV

This work well.

CBA + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV

CBA + AGM + DAR_HMWV

But when you combine AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV, simulator crash when create Internet host (no dedicated).

Edited by Legolasindar

I found problems of compatiblity with other addons when i try to create MP host in internet (in LAN work well). When i go Internet and i create game, ArmA3 freeze. The problems is with this combinations.

CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV

This work well.

CBA + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV

CBA + AGM + DAR_HMWV

But when you combine AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV, simulator crash when create Internet host (no dedicated).

Unable to reproduce that, downloaded AGM and DAR_HMWV to try it, hosting internet game just fine.

Based on the timing of your crash, I'd guess the issue is with one or more of the missions.

Check your RPT. Also try moving all your missions to a temp dir and see if you still crash.

I move the all MPMissions to another directory (now MPMissions is void), and i still with problems.

But ArmA3 is crazy, before move missions, i try again only with this addons, and all work well, last day i try 10 times and 10 times freeze. Now the problem appear with CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV + AC130X_A3

I think AGM or ASDG_JR o DAR_HMWV is not friend of some addon combinations.

This is the RPT.

www.cavallersdelcel.cat/magatzem/varis/arma3_2014-09-04_11-31-50.zip

This also fail.

CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV + DAR_MaxxPro

Edited by Legolasindar

I move the all MPMissions to another directory (now MPMissions is void), and i still with problems.

But ArmA3 is crazy, before move missions, i try again only with this addons, and all work well, last day i try 10 times and 10 times freeze. Now the problem appear with CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV + AC130X_A3

I think AGM or ASDG_JR o DAR_HMWV is not friend of some addon combinations.

This is the RPT.

www.cavallersdelcel.cat/magatzem/varis/arma3_2014-09-04_11-31-50.zip

This also fail.

CBA + AGM + ASDG_JR + DAR_HMWV + DAR_MaxxPro

Why are you loading the config pbos for m4 and mk18 without loading those mods ?

D:\Juegos\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CC_ASDG_JR\addons\asdg_jointrails_rhard_mk18.pbo - unknown
D:\Juegos\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@CC_ASDG_JR\addons\asdg_jointrails_rh_m4.pbo - unknown

Yes, but i tried with this addons, and freeze again. This is not the problem, is one of the first things I checked ;)

Yes, but i tried with this addons, and freeze again. This is not the problem, is one of the first things I checked ;)

Perhaps you misunderstood. Remove those 2 pbos, make no sense to use them if you don't have the mods they're made for.

Perhaps you misunderstood. Remove those 2 pbos, make no sense to use them if you don't have the mods they're made for.

Yes, i tried with the addons, and without these pbo's. I did not express myself well.

Well, in the RPT you posted, it shows a ton of errors caused by those pbos, hard to see anything else. Please re-test without them and post updated RPT taken right after you experience the crash. I'm pretty sure there's no way a simple config pbo as ASDG JR can cause your issue, just trying to help you figure it out.

I was able to put FHQ and other optics on my TRG-21 a while ago but I cannot as of lately. I have all the asdg opt files in the addons folders but still nothing.

How are you doing it? Try using a regular crate and use the gear menu to attach. The virtual arsenal by Bi doesn't recognize all the compatible attachments properly.

Well, in the RPT you posted, it shows a ton of errors caused by those pbos, hard to see anything else. Please re-test without them and post updated RPT taken right after you experience the crash. I'm pretty sure there's no way a simple config pbo as ASDG JR can cause your issue, just trying to help you figure it out.

This is the new RPT file.

www.cavallersdelcel.cat/magatzem/varis/arma3_2014-09-06_11-32-17.zip

There's no indication of a crash in your RPT. I also tried to reproduce the error but it worked without issues. Here's what I did:

- downloaded all mods you seem to use from PWS

- enabled only those mods in A3 (using in-game expansion options): cba, agm, asdg_jr, dar_hmmwv, dar_maxxpro

- restarted game, launched internet mp game

here's my rpt: http://ge.tt/6G9WRBu1/v/0?c

Is not i crash, is a freeze, for this reason not exist errors after line of server creation.

I try launching this addon from in-game expansion options, and work well. But this is not usefull for my comunity.

Can you try enables addons not from in-game expansion options, using shorcut or launcher (for example Arma3Sync)?.

"D:\Jocs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@AGM;@ASDG_JR;@DAR_HMWV;@DAR_MAxxPro

Edited by Legolasindar

Is not i crash, is a freeze, for this reason not exist errors after line of server creation.

I try launching this addon from in-game expansion options, and work well. But this is not usefull for my comunity.

Can you try enables addons not from in-game expansion options, using shorcut or launcher (for example Arma3Sync)?.

"D:\Jocs\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@AGM;@ASDG_JR;@DAR_HMWV;@DAR_MAxxPro

Yes, tried using a shortcut and works great that way too. My best guess is still some faulty mission you have. In addition to the ones in your mpmissions directory, check the missions you have subscribed via steam workshop.

Speaking of workshop, gave the new Publisher a try and now it worked so the addon is available on steam too.

Missions is not the problem, the MPMissions is void for make this tests, and i unsubscribe all the missions, erase the files in ugc, etc...

If i try shorcut, same of ArmA3sync, not work.

Something is wrong, but i cant found what, is very frustrating.

For whatever reason, ASDG_JM is causing massi's machine guns such as the M249 and Mk48 from appearing in VAS and the Virtual Arsenal. Any way to fix this?

JM is more of a prototype mod and hasn't really been adopted as JR did. So yeah, weird things may be noticed with addons not taking JM into account, as expected.

Well so far only one issue was brought up about a missing suppressor 3D model, but after a question on which one it was the poster hadn't responded, so far it's good to me about JM.

Though I was thinking Robalo... maybe a 6.5mm specific muzzle system for JM? I know its easier for you to group it with 7.62 but they do make it specific for weapons. If not no worries but a suggestion.

I don't know, of course they do exist but haven't seen any major manufacturer provide dedicated 6.5 suppressors. They advertise or recommend their .30 cal suppressors for 6.5 or 6.8 instead.

We need more suppressor models, then I could config the dedicated one have an advantage over using a 7.62, like better sound suppression.

Edited by Robalo

Added a small config example for AK type weapons and mounts in the first post. The base class asdg_OpticSideMount is empty by default because there are no matching vanilla weapons or accessories.