Sign in to follow this  
PartyHead

GeForce ShadowPlay Beta Launching October 28th

Curious about performance hit of this feature...

According to NVIDIA, at the "maximum" quality setting it should have no more than a 5-10% performance impact. It's in the linked article.

Likewise, though I doubt it can be as bad as Fraps etc.

Fraps stinks.

Mirillis Action! is quite nice though.

FRAPS is complete garbage.

Action! and Dxtory (With Lagarith Lossless codec) are the ones to use, or if you are someone who makes long videos for Youtube

a hardware solution is a much wiser choice.

More demonstrations and reviews

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=AverMedia+Live+Gamer+HD

GeForce ShadowPlay is of course not really aimed at people recording long videos

it's just for those people who want to upload stuff they did without having to record the entire session.

Good for those times where you manage to shoot a developer in the face who just happened to be on the server

you were on and want to prove it to your buddies.

Nvidia Experience is also garbage, it will just make your games look worse despite what hardware you have.

Edited by jblackrupert

I was mucking around with Dxtory and other capture programs, but when a time came when I needed to be able to capture stuff that second, I ended up just forking out for Fraps. It has its faults, but at the end of the day, it works for me.

*shrug*

Just gave this a spin with Planetside 2. Color me impressed! :eek:

Just gave this a spin with Planetside 2. Color me impressed! :eek:

Tried helicopter showcase twice today, once with ShadowPlay (Max quality, 10 minute buffer) and once without. Awesome quality, if it wasn't for the icon in the corner, I wouldn't even notice it was running, and just hit Alt+F10 to save the last 10 minutes. Now it just needs the streaming compatibility.

I see another application for this, it's is going to be neat for bug reports. Those pesky bugs that show up only once in a million attempts. Try, try, try until it happens then just record the last 5 minutes. :D

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Tried helicopter showcase twice today, once with ShadowPlay (Max quality, 10 minute buffer) and once without. Awesome quality, if it wasn't for the icon in the corner, I wouldn't even notice it was running, and just hit Alt+F10 to save the last 10 minutes. Now it just needs the streaming compatibility.

I see another application for this, it's is going to be neat for bug reports. Those pesky bugs that show up only once in a million attempts. Try, try, try until it happens then just record the last 5 minutes. :D

Exactly. :)

FRAPS was completely unusable for me in recent games, as it always reduced my framerate to 30 (even with the "unlock FPS" option ticked) and the resulting files were gigantic. Even the loop option didn't work well for me due to the framerate issue, so I ended up just using it as an FPS display and never actually recording anything.

Compared to that, ShadowPlay is a godsend.

ShadowPlay's video quality is decent, not fantastic!

The recorded videos looks jumpy like frames where skipped, dunno if it because of my 2560*1080 resolution :confused:

I still prefere Mirillis !Action.

ShadowPlay's video quality is decent, not fantastic!

The recorded videos looks jumpy like frames where skipped, dunno if it because of my 2560*1080 resolution :confused:

I still prefere Mirillis !Action.

Video playback is smooth as butter for me at 1920*1080. :)