Sign in to follow this  
nierop

Where are satchels sounds?

Just letting you guys know that my initial attempt at converting the config.cpp has had some problems (getting crashes). I am still working on the issue though. I really like satchel's sounds too so I am really motivated smile.gif

Thanks again for the offer JAP. I've posted a request for hosting in this forum so hopefully someone who can handle 26 meg emails will host it for me. If not, I'll reinstall Messenger (much to my distaste) and send it you.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 03 2002,05:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks again for the offer JAP. I've posted a request for hosting in this forum so hopefully someone who can handle 26 meg emails will host it for me. If not, I'll reinstall Messenger (much to my distaste) and send it you.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol

It isn t that bad compared to ICQ it kinda rules

MAC vs IBM

ICQ vs MSN

WOMEN vs MEN tounge.gif

Live is a battle ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PV @ Sep. 03 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just letting you guys know that my initial attempt at converting the config.cpp has had some problems (getting crashes).  I am still working on the issue though.  I really like satchel's sounds too so I am really motivated smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thats great news PV, keep us posted with any progress you make:)

Good luck:)

BAM:)

I'm anxious to hear if there has been any progress made yet? Please post anyone? Oh and regarding what I had initally posted......It worked when I had first started it up no problems, so i ran around for a bit, shot my rifle, then decided to tell everyone what my big breakthrough had been. When I went back to play again, I got an error starting up saying something about an invalid setting or variable or something. It didnt crash there, but it DID crash whenever i would try to start a mission. I have been fooling around with the config file for the last week and have made absolutely no progress at all! So i really do hope someone has been able to do what I cannot.

Don´t forgot to test it in MP with clients that don´t have the

addon.

With the edited main config.bin that Dynamic use you get MANY other little sounds (even aleatory) that with the others MODs you don't get...

Hope this will be exported to Resistance soon... I read and I was trying myself to export it but I always get hangs to windows. Only I get load the desert island in the editor sad.gif

I really hope that Resistance is not "protected" against editions to the main config.bin... Hope BIS didn't do that. I don't think in using it with MP just want Dynamic Range for Resistance SP! wink.gif

For MP you we can use for example Battelsounds and all happy hehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Sep. 08 2002,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think in using it with MP just want Dynamic Range for Resistance SP! wink.gif

For MP you we can use for example Battelsounds and all happy hehe<span id='postcolor'>

Me too - Dynamic Range Soundpack for SP is what I would love.

I hope the ppl who have been trying to make Satchels sounds compatible with Resistance keep going, dont give up!

BAM.

Any news PV, I really would like Dynamic Range Soundpack for Res SP, c'mon man keep us updated!

wink.gif

Cheers for the update PV, nice to see that your still working on it.

Keep it up m8.

those are GOOD news PitViper! So you get the island loaded at editor without problems? Nice! Hope a beta test will be soon up wink.gif

thanks! Vikingo

UPDATE:

I just found at a very nice site called InternalEditing a 100% working config.cpp for version 1.75!! (at downloads section) Yes, no more crashes to windows when I try to load missions/islands... So now I can really HEAR Dynamic Range comming soon for Resistance! This is a base cpp and the changes of Rynamic Range have to be added to it but this is a big advance I think because  the crashes were the main problem... Download the 100% working config.cpp (1.75) here  but don't forget to visit the InternalEditing site...

what a happy afternoon I have here hehe

Vik

That's great news. The site doesn't work though - it's still under construction.

Does this config.cpp make Dynamic Range work with Resistance? I couldn't tell from what you said above.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 09 2002,16:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's great news. The site doesn't work though - it's still under construction.

Does this config.cpp make Dynamic Range work with Resistance? I couldn't tell from what you said above.<span id='postcolor'>

NO, but now PitViper should be able to get his conversion done very easily. smile.gif

Tremendous, this sounds very promising indeed, hopefully it will be as easy for PitViper to convert Dynamic Range as we think it will be with this new config.cpp - Fingers crossed!! smile.gif

BAM:)

Good News!!

I can confirm that it's possible and works. I just try the config.cpp with some sounds from Dynamic and they work perfect inside Resistance, even the aleatory hit sounds!

I will continue the editing now...

What a happy night I have here hehe

current progress:

I have it converted over and working except for a couple things:

1) I'm getting an array error on startup.  however, it seems to runs fine after that.  I'm still trying to track that down.

2) The handguns are screwed up.  It's even the case with that other 1.75 config (I just checked).  not sure what I am going to do about that. I wonder if I have to edit the config.cpps from those other PBO's that came with resistance?

anyway, here is the file if you want to try it. remember, it has those bugs in it.  if you use it, please report new bugs to me at efisher@zoo.uvm.edu smile.gif

here is the file:

http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher/DynamicRange175_config.cpp

instructions:

1) Place in \Res\Bin\ directory, rename to config.cpp, rename config.bin to something else

2) make sure DynamicRange.pbo is in \RES\ADDONS

good luck!  biggrin.gif

When I get everything straight, I'll release it officially.

Hi PitViper ! Thanks for post the "beta". I just email you an edited config.cpp for the O.pbo addon that maybe will fix the handguns "bug"...

When I try the other config.cpp last night I didn't try the handguns :b

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Sep. 09 2002,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">those are GOOD news PitViper! So you get the island loaded at editor without problems? Nice! Hope a beta test will be soon up wink.gif

thanks! Vikingo

UPDATE:

I just found at a very nice site called InternalEditing a 100% working config.cpp for version 1.75!! (at downloads section) Yes, no more crashes to windows when I try to load missions/islands... So now I can really HEAR Dynamic Range comming soon for Resistance! This is a base cpp and the changes of Rynamic Range have to be added to it but this is a big advance I think because  the crashes were the main problem... Download the 100% working config.cpp (1.75) here  but don't forget to visit the InternalEditing site...

what a happy afternoon I have here hehe

Vik<span id='postcolor'>

hehe..

NOW you post it. I was working off Satchels original config and implementing the delta differences between the official 1.46 and 1.75 files. that file would have been handy a day ago wink.gif

Cool, nice one PV, keep it up m8, i wait with baited breath for the final version! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NOW you post it. I was working off Satchels original config and implementing the delta differences between the official 1.46 and 1.75 files. that file would have been handy a day ago<span id='postcolor'>

hehe Sorry! I post it at the moment I found it but was late the same hehe and I know what you are talking about. I'm right now with my eyes in full red after all the editing... Still the handguns don't want to work :-( Maybe are wrong the "#define manposhandgunstand 9" and others? I have other config.cpp that if some of those inits have the same number the guys can't walk anymore... Maybe in that part is the secret of the bug of the handguns... Please all the ones that can test it download the config posted by PitViper at the last page and try to search for the bug... We need backup!

Vikingo

ccp2bin.jpg

This will help us out. When we're done the 1.75 version, I'll rerelease 1.46 in this format as well (new config.bin rather than config.cpp)

Hmm, any chance this new tool will allow Dynamic Range to be used in multiplayer (with others who don't have it)? Probably too much to hope for but there's no harm in asking. smile.gif