TeTeT

Preview release: Nimitz for Arma3 (0.103)

Seems I've included the wrong bikey with the 0.104 release. If you're in need of the correct key, download from https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/keys/tetet_nimitz.bikey

Update is pending, if any of you is interested in testing, preferably on a multiplayer server with verify signatures enabled: https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/Nimitz-0.105.zip 

Things to test are the usual core functions:

• do planes launch via the cat?
  • does recovery via arresting wires work?
  • do elevators work?

Thanks,

TeTeT

Thanks again for the test, @vengeance1

The new version 0.105 is now live on steam workshop. Changelog is minimal:

- correct bikey included
- removed debug output from plane launch

Enjoy,

TeTeT

Hello,

I looked further into the problem of landing AI with the dynamic airport config of the Nimitz and I came to no other solution than preventing crashes and splashes with a function. It's currently called with a sleep, but ultimately need to go into a per frame event handler:

ttt_nimitz_fnc_preventCrashAndSplash = {
	params [["_plane", ObjNull]];
	if (isNull _plane) exitWith { "Need a plane in prevent crash and splash" call bis_fnc_error; };
	private _carrier = _plane getVariable ["ttt_nimitz_carrier", ObjNull];
	if (isNull _carrier) exitWith { "Need a carrier in prevent crash and splash" call bis_fnc_error; };
	while {alive _plane and speed _plane > 10} do {
		private _nextPos = _plane getPos [10, getDir _plane];
		// adjust for flight deck height
		_nextPos set [2, 18];
		private _intersects = lineIntersectsWith [_nextPos, [_nextPos # 0, _nextPos # 1, 0], _plane, objNull, false];
		// systemChat format ["%1 intersects", _intersects];
		if (count _intersects isEqualTo 0) then {
			systemChat "preventing splash";
			[_plane, _plane getDir _carrier] call ttt_nimitz_fnc_turn;
		};
		private _ent = _plane nearEntities 20;
		// systemChat str _ent;
		{
			if (_x isEqualTo _plane) exitWith {};
			private _type = toLower typeOf _x;
			if (_type find "jdg" > -1) exitWith {};
			systemChat format ["preventing crash with %1 [%2]", _x, _type];
			[_plane, _plane getDir _carrier] call ttt_nimitz_fnc_turn;
		} forEach _ent;
		// Probably better make the above a per frame eventhandler
		sleep 0.01;
	};
	_plane;
};

In the while loop I check two conditions: First, if there's no object below the plane any longer I stop it cold with 'ttt_nimitz_fnc_turn' which uses setDir; second, I use 'nearEntities 20' to see if I'm about to crash into any object/unit and again use 'ttt_nimitz_fnc_turn' to stop the plane.

One thing I haven't tested yet, but seems to be worth exploring: Give the plane a waypoint some 3km (or more) behind the carrier with the 9 degree offset of the angled flight deck. This might allow AI to line up their approach properly. 

And there's this video of the current situation:

• Haha 2

Hey guys, just starting to wrap my head around the carrier and it's looking great. I'd been working on a kind of dynamic mission generator for air combat on Deniland with vanilla assets, but finally made the jump to mods (who doesn't want to fly F-14s, right?) and a PMC map, and knew about this project so I dropped it in with a loose plan to quickly incorporate it into the mission. But it's almost becoming a focal point, as opposed to somewhere to just respawn and launch planes from 😂 I've already got a bunch of new plans involving it!!

A bug report though. During editing, whenever I come out of the game and back into the 3den editor, I notice an object dropping out of the island that looks suspiciously like a "ttt_nimitz_radar". I know you're aware of a number of gaps and untextured sections etc, but I hadn't read anything about this. 

Cheers.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:31 AM, beno_83au said:

A bug report though. During editing, whenever I come out of the game and back into the 3den editor, I notice an object dropping out of the island that looks suspiciously like a "ttt_nimitz_radar". I know you're aware of a number of gaps and untextured sections etc, but I hadn't read anything about this. 

Thanks, I saw that once or so too, but I don't know why it happens and how to fix it 🙂 Any suggestions welcome.

I grabbed a video of it happening and did a little investigative work (don't get your hopes up, I was only using 3den) just to see where it was coming from. I also spawned/removed the carrier a number of times to see how consistent it was because I noticed that it didn't happen as much when the camera was near the object (video below). But when spawning it a number of times, as I have done at the start of the video, it only failed to drop once. And when inside the island and close to the object, it would sometimes drop only a little, sometimes not at all.

https://youtu.be/HQT-Nk33pRk

As for a solution...... I don't do models, but would a solid platform under it keep it in place? I assume it's needed too, if it's meant to be acting as a radar for the Nimitz's weaponry.

To prevent falling down the cube, it just need to have its GeoLOD model be broken - no weight or no convex components. Actually, I do not see reason for having any of the geometry LODs in this part (?) since it remains hidden, just as an invisible component of the carrier.

hi tetet

i use one of your mission called "[SP]NimitzTraffic2020.Stratis" that is great, the only problem is one of the script called "fn_loadout2.sqf" it supposed to load weapons(missiles/ bombs) on fa-18 but it doesn't load anything 

so i would appreciate if you fix this script

sorry for my English

Hi All,

We have recently added the Nimitz mod to our dedicated server. When testing the map locally everything works (catapults, virtual garage and boat launcher). As soon as we transfer the map to our dedicated server, these do not work anymore.

Any advice on how to resolve this on the server?

Sounds odd, the catapults should work. Is CBA on the server and client running? Virtual Garage on the elevator is local only, indeed. Boat launcher gave a lot of people grief in the past, need to rework it eventually.