Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Thank you Sari. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but I had several different problems. At one point when I launched the game everything spawned about 20 feet up in the air and then came crashing down, killing the player before the game started.

However, following your method seems to work perfectly so thanks!

I re-encountered my original problem. I guess it's when I attempt to run the newly converted island on a dedicated server. All players spawn at different heights and walk through the air or start off on the ground but in a swimming animation. Also the vote for commander never starts ticking down. The Altis and Stratis missions work fine on a dedicated server for me, it's just when I try and copy everything over to another island. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I had issues too trying to port for a3mp a while back. But everything seemed to spawn just fine... For one side. You could essentially play it as SP warfare. But if another player tried to join the other side, he'd find that the hq never spawned and that he's spawning into the original slot soldiers.

I assumed it was an issue with the mods since Alduric was having issues making it compatible with saving and such.

If anyone figures it out, please let me know!

Hi, sorry i am new, how can i edit this mission in the Editor ?

We really like the Mission, thx Benny but we want to play with BWMod and other OPFOR Grupps and a different defend people in the towns.

Can some one help.

Hi, sorry i am new, how can i edit this mission in the Editor ?

We really like the Mission, thx Benny but we want to play with BWMod and other OPFOR Grupps and a different defend people in the towns.

Can some one help.

DePBO the mission file. Editing in the editor won't get you far, unless you're porting to a new map. All of the changes you want to make come from the config files within the missions.

To find and replace what you want, here's my suggestion: Use notepad++'s search directory function for the class names you want to replace. It'll bring up the file you need, where you can start copy and pasting in the class names you want for replacements. Once it's all done, change the name & credits in the mission file a tad so you know which one is yours, and rePBO it. Now it's ready to play.

I re-encountered my original problem. I guess it's when I attempt to run the newly converted island on a dedicated server. All players spawn at different heights and walk through the air or start off on the ground but in a swimming animation. Also the vote for commander never starts ticking down. The Altis and Stratis missions work fine on a dedicated server for me, it's just when I try and copy everything over to another island. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you attempted this in the All in Arma Terrain Pack yet? Haven't had a chance to get it downloaded yet myself. Really hoping we can finally start using the old maps properly.

Tried the mission I made the other day on a dedicated server quickly last night and still didn't have any problems (had a power cut before I could do anything too in depth). However this was still on Chernarus so perhaps the problem is one specific to Takistan. Ill try again at some point this week.

For the record, using A3MP 1.4 and nothing else on devbranch 1.27.whateveritisatthemoment. I'll grab AiA TP when I can and try with that - my internet is, to put is bluntly, shit.

If you can, make sure to test both sides at the same time. That's where I had issues. My internet is in the same boat. Tried letting it go last night before bed, and woke up to it errored out at 70%, ffs.

But as far as a3mp goes, I had the issue both on Cherna and taki. Any of the A2 maps, really. (Granted I didn't try stuff like desert or proving grounds)

Manged to get AIA TP downloaded last night so I made a complete Takistan file using the modified Altis scripts I posted a few pages back with WFBE 2.073.3 location names and placements. It works on a dedi server as far as I can test it by myself (I tested both sides within the same round but cant test both at the same time). Didn't pick up any errors and the only anomaies I saw was a 3-4ish second pause when triggering a 500 town and the usual town vehicles exploding on spawn when they get bad locations.

Tests were done on devbranch 1.27.whatever with AIA TP and CBA RC3 Clientside and, because I forgot to switch the modline, A3MP 1.4 Serverside. So by mistake I guess I just proved AIA TP and A3MP are cross-compatible!

Edited by Sari
Dowload links now contained in the linked post

I can confirm that it works on with the AIA TP. Once I updated my server files I noticed that the A3MP files were missing so I'm sure that had something to do with the problems I was experiencing (floating players running around). As the client I was loading Takistan, but I suppose the server was loading Stratis and that's why players were running around on invisible mountains. I feel like an idiot, but thanks for the help Sari and Capulet. Love this gamemode and I'm so happy to be able to use it on all these awesome terrains!

Is there any way I could do pre-placed factories? For instance, mission starts and players spawn to find base already built and ready to go? Preferably placed in editor. Do I just name a structure, for instance, CTI_Barraks? If so, how do I designate side, and make sure the server is aware that they have the factory built? I honestly have no idea where to begin on this one.

Edited by TheCapulet

Is there any way I could do pre-placed factories? For instance, mission starts and players spawn to find base already built and ready to go? Preferably placed in editor. Do I just name a structure, for instance, CTI_Barraks? If so, how do I designate side, and make sure the server is aware that they have the factory built? I honestly have no idea where to begin on this one.

That's a good question, I'd be interested if it's possible as well.

The most relevant information I can find is in Client_PlacingBuilding.sqf

I see that it drops in a variable to indicate the side. But I don't see how it names the structure, or really does anything else with it outside of placing it where the player indicates. Still lost. :(

Relevant lines 134-140. Perhaps also relevant is Events_UI_BuildMenu.sqf, around lines 37-50. But it only led me to the sqf file above.

If you want it done in the editor, you'll need to delete all but two starting positions, otherwise you'll end up starting with a base in a random place on the map. You could try placing a logic thingy where you want the building and in the init field put something along the lines of this:

if !(isServer) exitwith {};
waitUntil {!isNil 'CTI_Init_Server'};
vari = [[CTI_Barracks,"Barracks","Barracks"],["Land_Cargo_House_V1_F","Land_Cargo_House_V1_ruins_F"],1,1,[180,15],[["DMG_Reduce",5]]]; //--- For other buildings substitute the values here for ones found in common > config > base > base_east/west.sqf
[vari, west, getPos this, getDir this, player] call CTI_SE_FNC_BuildStructure; //--- Swap 'west' for 'east' where applicable

Disclaimer: This is completely untested guesswork and frankly probably wont work, but try fiddling with it a bit.

A better way of doing it would be putting something similar to that in the init_server script (at least that way you can keep the random starting points)

Edited by Sari

Removing all but 2 starting locations was actually the idea. It's less of a CTI modification, rather than just using the BE framework to build a different-ish game mode.

Even the guesswork will hopefully point me in the right direction when I get to work on this later tonight. Thanks Sari.

Been working with this for 2 nights. Still haven't figured it out. When using a logic thing to try and get it to place one there, nothing happens. I've also tried applying the stuff directly to a structure (my prefered method, since I'd be able to just drop down a prefabbed base and add some lines to the proper objects), and that's also a no go. Anything else I've tried was mostly aimless guessing and mostly failing to produce correct syntax.

Guess I'll be leaving this to someone more experienced. Really hope someone can get it to work though.

Edited by TheCapulet

Reddit user Arruda0820 offered a bit of help. Relevant thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/2eri19/hoping_someone_can_help_me_with_a_small_becti/

Atm, I've changed cti_completion to 100 on initial building placement, so I don't have to wait for builders to fix it up. But it doesn't seem to be tripping whatever it needs to in update_actions.fsm so that it's usable. I'm not sure what's missing that needs to be popped into it's variable array.

Current progress:

logic init

nul = ["BARRACKS","WEST", getPos this] execVM "buildbarracks.sqf"

buildbarracks.sqf

private ["_structure","_side","_position"];

_structure = _this select 0;
_side = _this select 1;
_position = _this select 2;

if!(isServer) exitWith{};
waitUntil {!isNil 'CTI_Init_Server'};
[format ["CTI_%1_%2",_side,_structure], _side, _position, 0] call CTI_SE_FNC_BuildStructure;

Only change from Arruda's script is swapping out his sleep command, which I'm not even sure is correct in the first place.

Edited by TheCapulet

I recently discovered one of the fixes I did broke other things if the right parameters were set, so heres a small update to the modified files I uploaded a while back. I've included a few other minor things we've done since, as well as a Takistan/(proper) Chernarus port. I've also updated my previous posts on this matter:

Changelog:

General changes:

- Fixed Gear menu not working if certain upgrades were disabled in parameters.
- Fixed Opfor using wrong salvage truck model.
- Added ability to disband Independent Salvagers through 'Base management' menu.
- Added various missing infantry units to both sides.
- Added UH-80 Ghosthawk Camo to the Blufor purchase menu.
- Added new content from bootcamp package (credits to Tasty for the legwork).
- Limited various weapon camos to appropriate factions (credits to Tasty for the legwork).
- Removed a few bits n pieces that shouldn't be in these files ;) 

New Parameters:

- BASE: Worker Limit (5-50).
- UNITS: Aircraft FFAR Rockets (Disabled, Enabled with Upgrade, Enabled).
- UNITS: Independent Salvager Limit (1-10).

Edited by Sari
Dowload links now contained in the linked post

Error in expression <e, _item_subtype];

};

missionNamespace setVariable [_item, [[_upgrades select _>

Error position: <setVariable [_item, [[_upgrades select _>

Error Reserved variable in expression

File missions\__cur_sp.stratis\Common\Config\Gear\Gear_Config_Set.sqf, line 123

----

is there a way to limit the number of team leaders?

edit: wait... the one in the first page isnt the latest anymore??

Edited by xrook

Has Benny mentioned recently what his plans are for for his Warfare mission? I see he hasn't posted in about 8 months and never finished this mission...has he stopped making missions for Arma3 or is he expected back does anyone know?

edit:

units bought spawn like 5 meters above the ground, some die some simply gets a broken leg

Edited by xrook

OH MY GOD!!! YOU EVIL BASTARD!! justin beiber as punishment REALLY??

Is it possible to make the AI holding towns stronger? It really sucks attacking a town and only coming across 5-10 infantry and maybe 1 vehicle.

Can't see anything in Parameters.

OH MY GOD!!! YOU EVIL BASTARD!! justin beiber as punishment REALLY??

Err my bad. That wasn't supposed to be in the uploaded files. Kinda started out as a joke between me and Tasty and things snowballed...

Err my bad. That wasn't supposed to be in the uploaded files. Kinda started out as a joke between me and Tasty and things snowballed...

Keep it. Nothing less than they deserve. lol Maybe upgrade to a beiber/rebecca black duet. :P