Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Is it possible to make the AI holding towns stronger? It really sucks attacking a town and only coming across 5-10 infantry and maybe 1 vehicle.

Can't see anything in Parameters.

If you're using the edits I posted or Zertys edits, then there should be parameters for that.

If you're using stock 0.97 from the OP then there's no parameters. However if you un-pbo the mission then you can goto common > init > init_commonconstants, look for the 'towns' section and you should find two values called something like 'CTI_TOWNS_RESISTANCE_GROUPS_RATIO' and 'CTI_TOWNS_OCCUPATION_GROUPS_RATIO' (Don't have the files to hand atm so those names may not be exactly correct), increase these values a bit, save and re-pbo. There are other scripts you can modify for better fine tuning of what spawns where but thats the easiest way in stock 0.97.

Keep it. Nothing less than they deserve. lol Maybe upgrade to a beiber/rebecca black duet. :P

Its Friiiday, Friiiday, Fri-day ooohh!

I may have sunk to a new low.

In Sari's modified mission I can't get the starting mode parameter to do anything. Don't the options (Nearby towns, divided, random) mean that the game will start with those towns under control? For me it's not working.

In Sari's modified mission I can't get the starting mode parameter to do anything. Don't the options (Nearby towns, divided, random) mean that the game will start with those towns under control? For me it's not working.

Thats how it should work, worked for me when I tested it but I'll double check. Hosting locally or using dedi server? Got a rpt file handy?

Thats how it should work, worked for me when I tested it but I'll double check. Hosting locally or using dedi server? Got a rpt file handy?

I've tried both hosting and dedicated. I'm using the Takistan mission and I added a Zeus module in editor. I also added the line aikills = 1; in the description.ext

Here is a report from a quick local game I just tried: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn5a5iyot91t3z5/arma3_2014-09-16_19-29-26.rpt?dl=0

Ok cheers for that, problem was a typo in the parameters file (doh). Must've only tested that bit in the editor. Ill upload the correction in a bit, couple of other niggling things I wouldn't mind taking a quick crack at.

In the meatime, if you want, you can open up rsc > parameters.hpp and change 'CTI_TOWN_STARTING_MODE' to 'CTI_TOWNS_STARTING_MODE'

Edited by Sari

Ok cheers for that, problem was a typo in the parameters file (doh). Must've only tested that bit in the editor. Ill upload the correction in a bit, couple of other niggling things I wouldn't mind taking a quick crack at.

In the meatime, if you want, you can open up rsc > parameters.hpp and change 'CTI_TOWN_STARTING_MODE' to 'CTI_TOWNS_STARTING_MODE'

Brilliant! You are the best Sari. I will give this a shot later today. I look forward to it. :D

Better late than never, fix has been uploaded to my modified files post (easier for me if I just keep linking to my first post on this matter rather than constantly editing various others as I progress)

Changelog:

General changes:

- Fixed Town start mode parameter not working.
- Added modified endgame camera sequence from WFBE (might do the UI displaying unit stats and whatnot at a later date).
- Removed some obsolete logging and did some minor cleanups.

Took me a while to find it, but here it is ! Thanks to Benny and everyone for bringing this to ArmA 3 :cool:

I have the usual problem of having too many AI units for me CPU to handle. I used to edit ...

WFBE_EASTTEAMS = [Group EastSlot1,Group EastSlot2,Group EastSlot3,Group EastSlot4,Group EastSlot5,Group EastSlot6,Group EastSlot7,Group EastSlot8,Group EastSlot9,Group EastSlot10];

In "initJIPCompatible.sqf", and removed some of the slots. I searched this thread and looked through all the new SQF files but can't see the equivalent. Where is it ?

Took me a while to find it, but here it is ! Thanks to Benny and everyone for bringing this to ArmA 3 :cool:

I have the usual problem of having too many AI units for me CPU to handle. I used to edit ...

WFBE_EASTTEAMS = [Group EastSlot1,Group EastSlot2,Group EastSlot3,Group EastSlot4,Group EastSlot5,Group EastSlot6,Group EastSlot7,Group EastSlot8,Group EastSlot9,Group EastSlot10];

In "initJIPCompatible.sqf", and removed some of the slots. I searched this thread and looked through all the new SQF files but can't see the equivalent. Where is it ?

If you're talking about the Ai controlled teams you can edit them in the parameters before the mission start to lower the amount of soldiers each Ai team controls (this option is available in Sari's version, I don't recall if it's in the original). Otherwise you can just disable the slots before the game by making them human controlled. I typically play with 8 Ai teams on each side and each team can control 8 units.

@sari, how about this challenge , make units to have to got to the factory to build IE; player goes to tank factory to build tank... instead of standing antwere around base and building?

and or make some of the upgrade's players responsibility , commander makes air victory but players must go to some hq to upgrade advanced air?... it was like this in RTS back in good ol ofp days...

thanks if you can do it or not....

Dunno what version of WFBE you have but that line sure aint in the one I have (2.073.3) :P

Anyhoo if you want to disable AI squads completely you can disable the 'AI: Teams' parameter on a hosted or dedi server, or by changing CTI_AI_TEAMS_ENABLED from a 1 to a 0 in common > init > init_commonconstants if you're playing single player. If you want to reduce the number of ai squads you can either do what Ethrendil says and disable them in the lobby (for hosted/dedi) or you can open the file in the editor and delete a few of the blufor/opfor units there.

Another 2 params worth changing for performance reasons are "TOWNS: Occupation" and "TOWNS: Resistance". Lower difficulty levels = less AI in towns. If you're in SP it should default to 'light' anyway so unless you want to completely disable them then theres not much point in changing this.

@sari, how about this challenge , make units to have to got to the factory to build IE; player goes to tank factory to build tank... instead of standing antwere around base and building?

and or make some of the upgrade's players responsibility , commander makes air victory but players must go to some hq to upgrade advanced air?... it was like this in RTS back in good ol ofp days...

thanks if you can do it or not....

The first part is actually already implemented by Benny for the factories (you get a popup action when you walk to a factory). If you want to rely soley on that, then you can goto client > functions > client_addMissionActions and comment out or delete the line starting with "player addAction ["<t color='#a5c4ff'>MENU: Factory ... blah blah blah"'. I should mention that if you're using the edits I posted, you won't be able to access the town depots to purchase units if you do this (never could get that working properly with the popup actions but I have just had an idea or two on that front, I'll fiddle a bit!)

Can you elaborate on the "[making] some of the upgrades players responsibility?" Not quite sure I understand.

Edited by Sari

@Sari,

" Can you elaborate on the "[making] some of the upgrades players responsibility?" Not quite sure I understand."

basicly commander builds base but its up to the player to upgrade (better planes,tanks,Ai,ammo) ... in ofp RTS like cti...

players ran up to a building (hq) and clicked research/ = upgrade, ....

some things should be upgraded by commander and some from a player...

it just evens out some of the responsibility.

and thanks for updateing WF-CTI its the best

Edited by Dr Death JM

argggg I tried to add far revive from waistland it it made it were I can grab the flags and sheeeet and move them ...lol wtf

I need a fix for this

Edited by Dr Death JM

ok... 2 things not working I cant seem to fix, vehicals after building or using , if veh is left for 60 seconds or so , its deleted... also vehical push isn't working...

any help?

T.I.A

Hi Sari or Benny, is there a easy way that i can implement some sort of patrol ops structure where the teamleaders can buy assets and you have squads from four humans in total? plus the additional ai the teamleader buys?

If you're talking about the Ai controlled teams you can edit them in the parameters before the mission start to lower the amount of soldiers each Ai team controls (this option is available in Sari's version, I don't recall if it's in the original). Otherwise you can just disable the slots before the game by making them human controlled. I typically play with 8 Ai teams on each side and each team can control 8 units.

Yes, thanks. That worked :) ... don't believe I forgot about the slots, guess I was used to removing these in the code.

Dunno what version of WFBE you have but that line sure aint in the one I have (2.073.3) :P

This was in ArmA 2 era Warfare BE.

If you want to reduce the number of ai squads you can either do what Ethrendil says and disable them in the lobby (for hosted/dedi) or you can open the file in the editor and delete a few of the blufor/opfor units there.

Thanks. Which file ?

Hi Sari or Benny, is there a easy way that i can implement some sort of patrol ops structure where the teamleaders can buy assets and you have squads from four humans in total? plus the additional ai the teamleader buys?

Ok guys i managed to add the teams but how can i restrict the factory to the teamleaders and commander only?

@Sari,

" Can you elaborate on the "[making] some of the upgrades players responsibility?" Not quite sure I understand."

basicly commander builds base but its up to the player to upgrade (better planes,tanks,Ai,ammo) ... in ofp RTS like cti...

players ran up to a building (hq) and clicked research/ = upgrade, ....

some things should be upgraded by commander and some from a player...

it just evens out some of the responsibility.

and thanks for updateing WF-CTI its the best

So to confirm, are you looking for players upgrading things for the team (like how it is now for the commander) or everyone has their own set of upgrades which arent shared?

argggg I tried to add far revive from waistland it it made it were I can grab the flags and sheeeet and move them ...lol wtf

I need a fix for this

ok... 2 things not working I cant seem to fix, vehicals after building or using , if veh is left for 60 seconds or so , its deleted... also vehical push isn't working...

any help?

T.I.A

Replied to your PM about this.

Yes, thanks. That worked :) ... don't believe I forgot about the slots, guess I was used to removing these in the code.

This was in ArmA 2 era Warfare BE.

Thanks. Which file ?

I was also referring to arma 2 WFBE but meh :P. Extract the pbo into documents > arma 3 > missions and you should see something like BECTI_0097 in the in game editor when opening the file there.

Ok guys i managed to add the teams but how can i restrict the factory to the teamleaders and commander only?

Not easily imo. Got a couple of ideas but would have to fiddle a bit to see if they're do-able before mentioning them.

Not easily imo. Got a couple of ideas but would have to fiddle a bit to see if they're do-able before mentioning them.

It's a pitty i dont know a lot about the scripting i'd love to do it myself, but i do figured that in

"\Client\Functions\Client_IsPlayerCommander.sqf" the commander is declared

And in "\Client\Events\Events_UI_MapCommandMenu.sqf" the first few lines there is a check whether it is the commander who opens the map command menu, would an option be to declare the teamleaders and add such a check to the factory?

Thank you for even looking into it, highly appreciated.

Forgot to post this here.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313818405&searchtext=BEcti

For those doing script changes, in this edit using sari's mission as a template, I have finished factories spawning in single prebuilt bases. Commander is disabled, and all upgrades finished with all vehicles being spawned at the same staging ground in base. Action menu stuff has been disabled aside from equipment and options. Must use action menu on physical factory to access buy menu.

Edits are kinda dirty atm and there's a few errors that sari showed me that need fixed. I plan on updating an adding many more like it.

a9o6s8.jpg[/img]hers my pic to dialogs I changed... I also added ais injury, r3f, Zlt fastrope, jump, killer, zlt field repair.

also added some things out in the ocean from another mission ....

Edited by Dr Death JM

need testers.........

BiNaRyBoNe BooTCamP **CTI** R3f*ais*-NO Addons-

or join remote :

ip= 67.212.78.133

port= 2302

added ais injury (works on ai and players)

I need feed back on any bugs or errors

but there shoudn't be any besides CTI's already existing bugs

Added R3F

Added Air lift

thanks for all the testers...

Edited by Dr Death JM
change my mined about using addons

Been back in BeCTI (I find the Capture the Island scenario interesting, but prefer Warfare. Is there a release of that for AmrA 3 ?).

These could be ArmA 3 bugs but thought I should post here first ...

1. The menu. At low FPS on my old CPU I had extremely low to unusable speed for the BeCTI menu's (I can't call artillery for example). At first I thought this due to low a spec CPU, but I just updated to a 3.0GHZ Q9650 CPU and average FPS is ~ 20 going up to 30/35 when there's little combat. Occasionally dips to ~16fps for a split second at big AI computation events. Everything else is running smoothly apart from the BeCTI menu on this new CPU. Is this the scripting, or ArmA ?

2. Artillery radius. I can set a cross, but is there a radius ?

3. Messages. Inter squad communication, bounties ? I've checked my ArmA 3 HUD and the message box is there but nothing ever appears in it.

im not sure I understand your problem but in param you can change how arty works .. I think its set to small ... so you cant use the computer (arty uses).

also arty wont shoot if it see something in the way of firing...

what I wanna do it just make arty with ammo cam like the old days in ofp

oh yeah theres a post in here for war fare cti , its what I used ti make my wf cti

Edited by Dr Death JM