Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

How to minimize ArmA 3?

I am trying to make a mission in ArmA 3 and access some pre-made loadouts that I keep on a text document. Specifically, the weapons are from mods. However, I can not find a way to minimize ArmA 3. In ArmA 2 the windows key allowed me to instantly minimize seamlessly, so if I had to look up and copy/paste a loadout I could with ease.

With ArmA 3 I seem to be able to minimize once. After that, I must quit the game and restart it to be able to minimize. I tried control alt delete (try to go to task manager to manually minimize the game) though it instantly brings ArmA 3 back into full screen. Control shift escape does absolutely nothing.

I thought the copy/paste format of ArmA 2 was inefficient and unnecessarily slow, but manually typing out every loadout for every single mission makes things even more slower. To the point where it will take 20 or so minutes just to loadout my squad.

If anyone knows of a work around to make ArmA 3 minimize seamlessly like ArmA 2 did I would appreciate it.

Don't know about the minimize problem, but a workaround would be to use ArmA3 windowed.

You have to have a window open in the background to alt tab to. Consequently you can cntrl alt delete and start task manager and that will alt tab you.

A3 with fullscreen window works really well. I started using that to fix the vsync problem and I haven't changed it back to fullscreen since that.

You can alt+tab (to notepad) with no problems at all.

Edited by Azzur33

I just open the little friends window on Steam, since you have to use steam to play. It provides the window needed to alt-tab out of Arma for me.

It's easiest to use the editor windowed, only the fonts of arma 3 makes everythinbg unreadable with smaller screen, unless you use large menu's. I can't tell a lot of the time if I am seeing a 6 or an 8, they look the same in ArmA 3.