Sign in to follow this  
astrospud

Latest patch, noticeable differences in visuals.

Just have to say, BIS, that since the last patch to 1.02 the night time visuals are just stunning.

Where night ops were something I avoided because the sheer black coverage, now it's just as in reality, with low ambient lighting conditions and very, very cool volumetric lighting from sources, as well as shadow casting by flame and explosions/tracers.

I just love night ops now.

And my performance online has improved with a noticeable increase in view distances for FPS drop-off. I'm now able to increase view distance to 4500 meters with frames remaining where they were pre-patch.

I have no idea what you guys did, but fantastic job BIS.

Obligatory dancing Banana :yay:

Huh? Night time was changed? I didnt notice, i always liked how it looked :D

Maybe i didnt play it enough.

Did it changed?

It changed from pitch-black to the way it looks now somewhere in the late Alpha I think ;) Maybe the OP has avoided night missions for quite a while?

Maybe he just played a mission with no clouds and a fullmoon for the first time?

/KC

There are full moon cycles and weather which will affect how dark it gets.

Playing on a moonless night with an overcast will be very dark, when compared to a clear night with a full moon.

Unless like others have suggested you've been avoiding night for so long since it got tweaked in early alpha ;)

I tried to see these shafts (on day time) but... no luck.. ( in dev branch)

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1vpOjqr3Ac found it (not my video) and i put myself near a tree and it work (in dev branch) and this changed don't think nights changed (only from arma 2 to 3)=D

It changed from pitch-black to the way it looks now somewhere in the late Alpha I think ;) Maybe the OP has avoided night missions for quite a while?

Indeed I have. Either way, it looks spectacular. :)

Actually, reading change log for 27th Sept:

CHANGELOG

DATA

Potential Altis performance optimization (especially when using a lot of AI units): removed class properties from models in Structures_F that don't need it

Many small Altis object positioning tweaks and other terrain fixes

Fixed: Flipped moon texture

The moon halo object can now be different from the sun halo object (new world config parameter moonHaloObject)

The light reflected by the moon has been made more realistic

Added: New runway parts for left and right airstrip on Altis

Runway lights have new models and configuration

Fixed: Darker runway at a distance and with overcast weather

Fixed: Ladder on hospital building has been reversed (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13399)

Fixed: Blinking resolution LODs on signs

Configured power line wires to be destroyed along with power line towers

Animals should be avoiding roads more now.....

Kinda don't feel so silly, now. There has been a change :)

Shadow casting by flame and explosion/tracers? Arma 3 doesn't have dynamic shadows...

Shadow casting by flame and explosion/tracers? Arma 3 doesn't have dynamic shadows...

Not even Crysis 3 has dynamic shadows for explosions or tracers.

Just have to say, BIS, that since the last patch to 1.02 the night time visuals are just stunning.

Where night ops were something I avoided because the sheer black coverage, now it's just as in reality, with low ambient lighting conditions and very, very cool volumetric lighting from sources, as well as shadow casting by flame and explosions/tracers.

I just love night ops now.

And my performance online has improved with a noticeable increase in view distances for FPS drop-off. I'm now able to increase view distance to 4500 meters with frames remaining where they were pre-patch.

I have no idea what you guys did, but fantastic job BIS.

Obligatory dancing Banana :yay:

Your online performance is most likely placebo effect, since it depends on how the server is running at any given time. And that server performance isn't going to be the same all the time either.