COOP 32 - Resistance (FIA vs CSAT)

Is it error?

city_HQ.sqf

//City 3 (Pyrgos)

_city3HQDistrict = _city2officer select floor random count _city3officer;

sleep 1;

_city3HQBuilding = nearestBuilding _city3HQDistrict;

"officer3" setMarkerPos (position _city3HQdistrict);

Yep, on top of that the prototype system I made to check the objectives is flawed. Still researching for a solution.

Some vehicles and mortar are empty on the map, mortar and artillery dont shoot! Is this planed this way? e.g. city east of starting point: tigris

Edited by Numrollen

Some vehicles and mortar are empty on the map, mortar and artillery dont shoot! Is this planed this way? e.g. city east of starting point: tigris

Could be possible that enemy AI are being stupid and abandoning their vehicles.

In the meantime though, it's the First beta version. Starting from v.50: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zgqiv9zj73wa3f/co_36_resistance_b1.Altis.pbo

vB.50

• Rewrote base code to MSO-style format
  • Changed version numbering scheme
  • Changed to BTC Revive to allow for future flexibility and for FPS improvements
  • Added Parameter option to toggle preferred BTC Revive setting (Old vs. New)
  • Adjusted Objectives to indicate importance of capturing Airfields
  • Removed scripts and systems not being used (may be readded at future dates)

vB.51

• Added placeholder intro with music in order to find optimal timing for video-based intro
  • Added Mission logo
  • Added a Box with 10 NATO wetsuits in them at base, this is mainly to allow for proper diving since you can't wear CSAT wetsuits as BLUFOR.

Corpses do not disappear. So it should be?

Besides all the loot from the inventory lying on the ground without purification. Players produce a lot of garbage.

Whoops, glad you spoke up. Was just about to release the next version without it.

b0.52: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fci8d2ik86xirxb/co_36_resistance_b2.Altis.pbo

• Added Aeroson's Player Markers
  • Added the ability to interact with Civilians in order to detect the naughty ones (based off of work by Kylania)
  • Fixed a duplication glitch with the FIA Base fuel pumps
  • Re-added the garbage cleanup script which was left out by mistake
  • Fixed Objective markers displaying the wrong airfield name.

Thanks for making this mission! Here's a bug report for b0.52:

Problem: One cannot recruit an AI Engineer. Nothing happens when you press the Engineer button in the AI recruitment dialog.

Reason: The script support\modules\FOCKRecruitAI\createengineer.sqf tries to createUnit a "B_G_soldier_repair_F" which doesn't exist in ArmA III v 1.08

Fix: change that to create a "B_G_engineer_F" unit instead.

And a suggestion:

Problem: The FIA Combat Life Savers lack a Medikit from the start. Players have to pick one up from the equipment crates at the base.

Reason: Unlike the other factions' medics, the FIA docs don't have a Medikit in their configs.

Suggestion: Save players some time by adding a Medikit to the playable medics from the start (and possibly the recruitable AI medics)

(unitBackpack _unit) addItemCargo ["Medikit", 1];

The old problems in the new version. If the mobile base is destroyed and spawn point is burned trucks, then the new mobile base will always explode.

Updated to version b0.53: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kc2z2n2wmacafz6/co_36_resistance_b3.Altis.pbo

[*]Gave the Medics (player and AI) a Medkit per Killswitch's Suggestion

[*]Replaced BTC Fastrope with ZLT Fastrope

[*]Added Bake's GrenadeStop script in effort to prevent damage to the Base House. (Seriously, what do you guys have against it? :P )

[*]Reverted City AOs back to One Marker.

More info regarding the last one: The Main reasons for this are to minimize player confusion when working these zones and the district format did little to ease server load. Given the current code structure of the mission I think it's possible to pull off a proper AO now, and hopefully Arma 3's code will improve in the coming months to provide better support for "Big Missions".

Bringing in more polish with b0.54: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4p33d7uw84w6p1b/co_36_resistance_b4.Altis.pbo

• Added in the BTC Anti-Teamkilling script package at the request of several players
  • Added Zealot's Repair Script (tweaked to not eat the Toolkit)
  • Reverted to MAD T's Civilian Spawning Scripts
  • Adjusted BTC Logistic in effort to avoid unloaded Ammo Boxes from exploding into flames
  • Multitude of adjustments to improve the overall look of several features

Hey we at INF have enjoyed your mission loads but there is a few small problems. The BTC logistics see the ground at a select-able object and can be loaded into the vehicles. We are one version behind current but we find the getting a create out of a vehicle very risky because not only does it kill its self but take out the vehicle. I believe there is a way you can set two objects not to have collision physics between each other. Can we have some way of teleporting back to base and a few more places to teleport to (captured cities,airbases, another mhq or even custom locations (use a transportable item?)) mainly for the reason we don't have enough people to move all the support vehicles up with the MHQ.

For what do you need support? Most of the stuff you get from killed people.

We had a nearly full COOP with my clan over 2 days. Performance was ok on first day but after we cleared several places and airfields the server gone down to 4 fps on the second day when we tried to attack one of the big citys. Was horrible. 200 ai, map full of rubbish, the stupid air units (please take them out or let them do other things). We had gathered tons of stuff to kill everything. An AA Tank, a normal Tank, 2 helicopters, artillery. This was enough to easily kill all stuff on the map cause ai just sit and wait to get killed on their spot.

John & Numrollen - If you guys want I can send you both a work copy I have to test.

Your welcome to send me a copy so i can understand more but we only run a stable version on our public server. our primary problem atm is BTC logistics.

Very nice mission but the mhq spawn double by the first death and in the NW of the map spawning much kamovs. i kill 1 and the next is 800 m away of me.

Sorry for bad english iam from Germany :)

Just a thought but is it possible to fight AAF in some places or regions and gain all loot from all factions. Also i'm writing a script that mounts weapons in the back of Offroaders/small trucks would you be interested in using it?

Just a thought but is it possible to fight AAF in some places or regions and gain all loot from all factions. Also i'm writing a script that mounts weapons in the back of Offroaders/small trucks would you be interested in using it?

At some point I want to make the AAF bad guys and have them guarding Side Missions/Special Objectives, replicating their status as the smaller of the two forces occupying Altis in the SP campaign. And I'd love to give your script a shot, it sounds like a cool way to customize the lowly Offroads.

Now, here's version b.55: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sz0rivt2b3uxihb/co_36_resistance_b5.Altis.pbo

• Changed Revive systems from BTC to TCB + Arma 3 Respawn Menu, airfields and bases now provide respawn points on capture.
  • Added Patxitron's Mobile Supplies script, with two rearm points at base and the Mobile.
  • Added Conroy's Performance Cleanup Scripts
  • Added Grime's Crate Filler due to Conroy's Cleanup script eating the backpacks at base
  • Fixed a few miscellaneous issues

Every now and again you get rushed and you make mistakes, so here's b.556 (pun intended) to fix said mistakes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fie2jesbmo6ejf3/co_36_resistance_b5_6.Altis.pbo

• Changed Mobile Respawn to use the BIS method of respawn
  • Added Fight9's VicMarker script to enable locating the Mobile Respawn on the Map
  • Added Jacmac's Generic Vehicle Service to the FIA Base
  • Added a special script by John681611 that enables Plain Offroads at base to accept static emplacements
  • Added Bon's AI recruiting script package, note this is an Arma2 package so it throws errors regarding GUI graphics, functionally it behaves as intended. Defaulted to OFF for public servers.

Edited by LKincheloe

Can you explain how the truck attachments work? I tried assembling a gun near it and didn't receive any options. I tried using only backpacks and didn't receive any options either.

Can you explain how the truck attachments work? I tried assembling a gun near it and didn't receive any options. I tried using only backpacks and didn't receive any options either.

Hey Sorry Its a localisation issue only players that are in the server at start get the action to begin the process, We are both looking into a solution.

The way its supposed to work:

Get the truck/ offroad within 10m of a Static Weapon (All but Minipod GMG/HMG)

Use the "Prepair Truck" action

Walk to your static wepon and use Attach Weapon.

Weapon should attach to your truck.

Be aware moving your vehicle cancels the process and you must restart.

(this is by no means perfect and is WIP)

Does not work telepotr from the flag to the mobile base. Equipment not stored after death. Very fast disappearing enemy equipment. Players do not have time to grab it.

Does not work telepotr from the flag to the mobile base. Equipment not stored after death. Very fast disappearing enemy equipment. Players do not have time to grab it.

Yes, these changes from the last version have made this mission very hard. There are also a ton of choppers on the mission and we have very little to no equipment to take it out. The offroads get destroyed immediately, so you can't use the 50 and you are just stuck staring. It is a fun map, but at some point we are way to over powered and can't do anything.

This mission also seems to throw a lot of errors. You can see a server rpt file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTeMG8Iijz8SzB5QmFBbXFBYVk/edit?usp=sharing

Tons of errors similar to this.

MAD_CivsArray = >
23:48:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: kinch_civilianloyalty
23:48:09 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\ambience\scripts\MAD_civ  ilians.sqf, line 119
23:48:09 No speaker given for Aris Verga
23:48:09 Error in expression <
_civ = leader _sqname;
0 = [_civ] call Kinch_CivilianLoyalty;

MAD_CivsArray = >
23:48:09   Error position: <Kinch_CivilianLoyalty;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
18:01:01 Error in expression <At _victim;
sleep 1;
{_unit addMagazine _weaponmag;} forEach [1,2,3,4];
_unit ad>
18:01:01   Error position: <_weaponmag;} forEach [1,2,3,4];
_unit ad>
18:01:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: _weaponmag
18:01:01 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\ambience\scripts\ws_assassins.sqf, line 298
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19:18:40 Error in expression <wNotification;
_LootCaseEnder = 1; if (!isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
19:18:40   Error position: <isnil _LootCaseEnder) exitWith [true]};
>
19:18:40   Error isnil: Type Number, expected String,code
19:18:40 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\support\scripts\LootReward.sqf, line 37

There also seems to be a bug with the revive system. Somebody will die and half the server gets a drunk looking feeling and they have to leave the server and lose their position/equipment just to fix it.