Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Potential DLC Ideas and Proposals

whole factions not like the oa dlcs, take the baf dlc for example new baf units 2x jackal 1x warrior 4x air it just did not seem much for a dlc I know it was only £8.00 but I would of paid much more to have a full faction like support vehicles ammo, fuel, medic, logistic vehicles, fast air, would of been better representation of a faction as I and many more friends think that would of been better and maybe sold a bit more.

Agree I'd also gladly pay for more consistent DLCs ( more units and better campaign perspective ).

Agree I'd also gladly pay for more consistent DLCs ( more units and better campaign perspective ).

^this and want SmokeDog said. BAF felt like it was missing half of its stuff, I would have easily paid £15-20 for a dlc that added a lot more of the UK's orbat (Cr2, Scorpion family, tornado, EF etc etc)

You know, Iranian invasion of the US wouldn't be plausible within the scope of the story. However, I'd like to see Turkey. The Iranians invaded the country in the E3 storyline, so that'd be interesting. Either that, or some part of Crete (the whole island would be waaaay too big for Arma 3).

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

The background story could provide an interesting basis to build off.

- The old background may or may not still be relevant as it all depends on how BI intend the campaign story to play out. It mentioned the conflict having expanded into central Europe already and then pushed back. Perhaps, if the campaign ends with a loss of sorts for the player and CSAT continue their march then any expansion or DLC could cover this. The "First Battle of Brno" was mentioned in the old background description, perhaps an urban map with a campaign about this would be good.

- Also described in the game's background is the fact US involvement in the Altis conflict, at least initially, is limited as the US is busy fighting proxy wars in Asia against China. Perhaps DLC could see us taking on the role of special operators working with local armies and rebel groups.

That changed after E3 2012. Story is, they only pushed through half of Greece.

You know, Iranian invasion of the US wouldn't be plausible within the scope of the story. However, I'd like to see Turkey. The Iranians invaded the country in the E3 storyline, so that'd be interesting. Either that, or some part of Crete (the whole island would be waaaay too big for Arma 3).

I don't know about Turkey. The Greeks (their government, at least) seemed to have a collective aneurysm at the plausibility of their peace-loving country being even involved in a war, so I'm doubting that the Turks (or more specifically, their government again) would appreciate such a prospect either.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

That changed after E3 2012. Story is, they only pushed through half of Greece.

Indeed, I'm aware of that. My point was that BI may still intend all those events to happen but have shifted the main game campaign back to the period prior to the invasion of Central Europe, we won't really know until the final part of the campaign is released. It's also likely (more so, I concede) that the campaign won't lead into that story arc and that BI have opted for a more reserved scenario but I was only suggesting what in my opinion would make for interesting DLCs and expansion.

How about DLC that adds more than one airplane? Or DLC that adds more than one car per faction? Man, that would be cool.

How about DLC that adds more than one airplane? Or DLC that adds more than one car per faction? Man, that would be cool.

Well, the full vanilla content hasn't been released yet, but yeah if for whatever reason we only had one for each after it, would be also a possible point to go, a DLC that includes a few planes and light vehicles, with a sea/submarine warfare DLC; that would be my Santa Claus wish-list.

Jungle map /shadow/tanks , a warship/aircraft carrier , I still don't get how they promote so much under water, but don't make more vessels to on water...

Jungle map /shadow/tanks , a warship/aircraft carrier , I still don't get how they promote so much under water, but don't make more vessels to on water...

They haven't got walkable decks yet thats why :(

Dan;2517009']They haven't got walkable decks yet thats why :(

Because it's not their priority. If/Once the decision is made to have ships with walkable decks you'll get walkable decks. It just has to be on their to-do list.

I would prefer DLC packs with modern vehicles and weapons that are used right now in real combat. Not any futuristic or old fashioned things.

I would prefer DLC packs with modern vehicles and weapons that are used right now in real combat. Not any futuristic or old fashioned things.

Most of the vehicles and weapons are being used today, but with different names, calibers, etc.

Most of the vehicles and weapons are being used today, but with different names, calibers, etc.

This. Most of the time, by used right now, they mean like in current service. So (better to just list them off) M4s, M16s, AK47s. Although I don't understand the point of making a new game if it's just going to be the same as the last one. Honestly, BIS should just take a true sandbox approach, and should update select assets from A2. That way you don't have all these modern DLC requests. They could at least do some M4s and AKs. Then again, at this point, it would be a DLC... Honestly, the vehicles aren't really futuristic at all (only the Ifrit as the other OPFOR vehicles are essentially Russian stuff, and the NATO stuff is all current except for the aircraft).