Sign in to follow this  
Vikingo

Soviet nuclear silo based missile complex

Hi all!

I just put online my second mission. You will have full control  of a soviet nuclear silo based missile complex 'Dvina-Class' that have two 1.3 megaton SS-4 'Sandal' medium range nuclear missiles. You also have ready three SCUD mobile launchers for short range attacks. This time tests are over and you will see real action against NATO! Full readme in english included. The link (in english) to the mission files is just below the sample pics at the main page...

http://www.operationflashpoint.com.ar

Note: You have two versions to choose from: a "full" one for high-end computers and a "lite" one for more humble machines... The pics below are samples from the mission... I hope you will like it. Vik

mission_ss-4_silo_complex_complex_ready2_th.jpgmission_ss-4_silo_complex_complex_ready3_th.jpgmission_ss-4_silo_complex_redstar_th.jpgtable_14_05_2002.jpg

It looks really cool but atleast on my computer in comes up No Entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles.LampRedInternal' when I go to preview it (I extracted it). Any idea what this is or how to fix it? Thanks.

I think you can download the addons from the website the mission is on. And as I mentioned earlier it isn't working for me.

whoa! Screw it, my machine cant take this mission, too slow! And the intro doesnt show cause an Addon called GROUPS is missing. people without 2.0Ghz and Geforce4 shouldnt even bother!

Hi there! Many thanks to all for try the mission and for the comments... I'm right now updating the servers and I hope it will stay up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks really cool but atleast on my computer in comes up No Entry 'config.bin/ CfgVehicles.LampRedInternal' when I go to preview it (I extracted it).  Any idea what this is or how to fix it? Thanks.<span id='postcolor'>

You have to make sure you download both parts of the Addons files and make sure after installing you copy the one called "streetlamp.pbo" to the Addons main folder of the game. If you have already this .pbo you have to overwrite it because this one (beside the original lights) have other light class used in the mission.  Don't know if the mission works with Resistance if you try it there maybe is that. Please tell me if you can fix it... When you play the no-extracted version runs fine? If you want you can try deleting the LampRedInternal object with the editor. It's inside the radar station... Hope this helps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">whoa! Screw it, my machine cant take this mission, too slow! And the intro doesnt show cause an Addon called GROUPS is missing. people without 2.0Ghz and Geforce4 shouldnt even bother!<span id='postcolor'>

Please wait for the lite version that will work quite faster with humble computers (like the one I have here hehe) without the slowdowns. thanks. Sorry if you download it and don't work at 30 fps (not irony here). I didn't have chance to test it in other computer and I put the estimated requeriments I thought will be fine. Please try the other version that will be up soon...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry I posted a bad link, go here instead find the four download-links at the bottom<span id='postcolor'>

Please go here to find the files... the link posted up (thanks Albert) is from the spanish version. Here is the english one:

Download the Mission and Addons

Thanks!

Wow. I was extremely blown away by that mission. I wasn't expecting the detail that you put into it but I've got to say I'm glad. I'm also glad I was able to run the full up version as I would hate to miss out on anything. A few questions/comments though...

I also received the "groups" error that Albert Schweizer mentioned. I downloaded the addons and installed them all, so I'm not sure where that came from. Do you have another addon that adds more groups to your mission editor?

Sometimes it will go to the silo or nose cam view regardless if I have it turned off on the radio. It will also not let me exit out of it once it is on. I've tried 0-0-7 and 0-0-8 to no avail when I'm in that view.

I can't seem to reproduce this error everytime, but occasionally my SS-1 drivers will just hop out of the vehicles when they're parked at the base. This only seems to occur if I take off bymyself somewhere.

Co-op or multiplayer version of this mission would be awesome!

Again, my regards for my favorite singleplayer mission in OFP so far. Are you working on anything else now?

I can't download the mission because when I start loading the page with links my IE goes crazy and drops me off. Can you give the direct links here ?

Hi Othin!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was extremely blown away by that mission.  I wasn't expecting the detail that you put into it but I've got to say I'm glad. <span id='postcolor'>

Thanks!! So happy you like the mission. Glad you enjoy all the details. Really that was my objetive in this mission. I try to have ALL the things I can place inside the silo complex. I have to build a "lite" version of the mission for play it here because the full is too much for my PC hehe but in the full I place all the things I love to see inside the base, so great that you was able to run it well there and you like the little details!

Your questions:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also received the "groups" error that Albert Schweizer mentioned<span id='postcolor'>

Are you running it with Resistance 1.75? That is why the "Groups" bug appears... Try to run it under 1.46 (using the "old" .exe of the game) and the groups error will be fixed. I don't have Resistance so I can't test it there but I receive reports that the "groups" error appears there...as I know the error don't harm the mission just that message displayed. But better play it under 1.46...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometimes it will go to the silo or nose cam view regardless if I have it turned off on the radio.<span id='postcolor'>

Please make sure u select the turn OFF option before giving the launch order... Turn it OFF and then select launch and place target... If you try to turn it ON/OFF when the launching is in progress things can go weird...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't seem to reproduce this error everytime, but occasionally my SS-1 drivers will just hop out of the vehicles when they're parked at the base.  This only seems to occur if I take off bymyself somewhere.<span id='postcolor'>

This happens after you explode some nuke? Maybe they hop out because in the script is a code that make units go "cover"  after a explosion... This also can happens when you play the mission at night. They go out the launchers. I place that because if not I wasn't able to turn the lights off... so I make them go out. I don't know other times they do that... I will test that more. Thanks for the advice!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Co-op or multiplayer version of this mission would be awesome!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah! I think the same. With other fan "G." we test a modified version of the mission under multiplayer but we can't make the targeting system work :-( All is because the markers that are used to target the missiles... Under MP you can place those markers to point stuff inside the map and when you try to target the nukes the game think that you are placing those markers so the order never get received by the launchers :-(  I think other system for target the nukes have to be used for play the mission in MP... Hope to have something soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Again, my regards for my favorite singleplayer mission in OFP so far.  Are you working on anything else now?<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks again for your great feedback that make me feel happy to know that people enjoy this mission I build with really all the love I have for OF. I hope I answer well your questions with my "english". Please contact me if other things appears. I'm still mad for see nuclear weapons on the game -thanks to those amazing scripts that people wrote- so SURE I will stay on this topic! smile.gif

Thanks!

Vik

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi [CCCP]Stalker!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't download the mission because when I start loading the page with links my IE goes crazy and drops me off. Can you give the direct links here ?<span id='postcolor'>

Did you try with "right click" ? and then selecting "Save target as..." With "left click" that server can go weird, i know... If you want you can try these direct Fileplanet mirror servers (many thanks toAtWAR for place them) (choose the full OR the lite version AND the Addons):

Download the Full Version - For powerful computers (+1Ghz)

Download the Lite Version - With a 500 Mhz will be fine...

Needed Addons - Works with the full OR lite versions

The original server of the full / lite versions and addons right here

Hope you can get them well this time and thanks for try the mission! Just contact me if you can't make it run...

Vik

yes, that is the file... Download the "lite" version (12 MB) and the "addons" (6 MB).

I tried porting it to MP and managed to get it done and to 2.7megs total with mission and addons and still keeping the sound etc, THO the player markers don;t work the same in MP so you can't send the nukes off, Bit of a dag so I was wondering if you knew of a way for it to work in MP? since the game does not seem to be able to see markers.

I ungrouped the scuds to the player would that have affected it?

it does work in SP fine thought.

I didn't put my name anywere on it so no need to worry about me stealing ya map smile.gif

I always get CRC error when i try to extract the addons, i downloaded it 5 times and still the same result!  sad.gif

Edit: Nevermind, the 7th time worked biggrin.gif

Hi there Prime!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tried porting it to MP and managed to get it done and to 2.7megs total with mission and addons and still keeping the sound etc, THO the player markers don;t work the same in MP so you can't send the nukes off, Bit of a dag so I was wondering if you knew of a way for it to work in MP? since the game does not seem to be able to see markers.<span id='postcolor'>

hey! only 2.7 MB will you upload it to some server? :-) Really want to have that smaller version hehe  Yes, I was trying it also  for MP with any good result. The markers system IS the "problem". Really don't know other thing to try but I still have the hopes that other will find the solution. Just think in a nice MP mission that feature a full nuclear war in the island hehe That can be hot!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't put my name anywere on it so no need to worry about me stealing ya map<span id='postcolor'>

hehe no problem! if you use it in your mission is because you like it in some way so... glad with that ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nevermind, the 7th time worked<span id='postcolor'>

ops! STS_SolidSnake thanks for that persistence hehe hope you will enjoy it !

BTW... I will release a Resistance compatible version of the mission soon...

yeah I took out a couple of addons like the sat building and put another building in and put a computer inside insted smile.gif. Not like people gonna care since the other sat building was not that high quality. IN MP I don't expect people to even go near that building, + I added a few more tanks and took out the heavy version etc etc and NBC with Spez.

Kinda turned it into assault kinda mission but one problem is getting that marker to work in MP, now I know you CAN make it so you have a preplaced marker and just use action commands to move it around on the map in MP however this wouldn't be as fast as just using the mouse.

Anyway if ya want the edited version I did you can. Its yours afterall smile.gif ICQ me on 4014970