Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Boberston

Is it possible to...

This may have been asked to death but I gotta ask hehe.

Is it possible to take a jeep (a jeep jeep not a HUMVEE) and replace that .50 w/ a TOW launcher or somthing? I think it would be a interesting addon. (I am aware that it prolly wouldnt work IRL but this is for fun people.) smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 20 2002,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, Thanks. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bob_Boberston @ Aug. 20 2002,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 20 2002,20:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, Thanks. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

More like no-one has worked out how yet.

And does this apply to ships (water vessels) too?

Well why not? You can give armored vehicles a TOW launcher, why not a car? What difference would it make?

you cant have a vehicle that has moving wheels and has missiles, it isnt supported by the ofp engine

u can give it a gun like the shilka has though biggrin.gif

Its a shame u cant give ships or jeeps flares either from the last time i tried setting up weird combinations sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 21 2002,02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you cant have a vehicle that has moving wheels and has missiles, it isnt supported by the ofp engine<span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't you define a vehicle as armored (tracked), but then add wheels anyway?

OK, they mightn't turn properly and it mightn't behave exactly like a wheeled vehicle, but at least we could have a hummer with a TOW.

Anyway, you know a helluva lot more about creating this stuff than I do, so I'll listen to your judgement.

The BRDM is under armoured vehicles, couldn't the Hummer be classified as one also?

the brdm is just a car with more armor defined in the config because tanks etc give a big explosion when they get hit cars trucks they just smoke and the brdm does that also

I think cars with ammo cargo or fuel cargo also explode. If you set the ammo and fuel armour all the way down to 0 for a tank, and use the command Setdammage 1.0, it doesn't explode (not with a bang anyway, more like a car would).

Still, that's besides the point. There's no way of slapping a TOW onto a jeep.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Still, that's besides the point. There's no way of slapping a TOW onto a jeep.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok ok ok ok ok. How bout, a jeep w/ that mini gun from the vulcan biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bob_Boberston @ Aug. 21 2002,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 21 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Still, that's besides the point. There's no way of slapping a TOW onto a jeep.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok ok ok ok ok. How bout, a jeep w/ that mini gun from the vulcan  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i think that should work.... its only a gun (like M2 on the jeep) and not a launcher which launchs any objects

like the shilka gun !!!

Is it possible to put the m2a2 cannon on a jeep.

im searching but i got a thread on someone ranting about the actual vehicle

confused.gif

it should be possible i think... but what about it... i mean that kind of canon on a jeep? not very realistic,or is it?

Well, such an attack that makes you fly normally kills you, but there is one way. WIth the ridiculously armoured terminator unit if u fires ur Nade Launcher at ur feet quickly u'll rocket jump about 60 feet in the air incurring little damage, not bad!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it possible to put the m2a2 cannon on a jeep.

im searching but i got a thread on someone ranting about the actual vehicle <span id='postcolor'>

Sure it is, and WITHOUT addon. I built a AA post, not really realistic but...

it's a MG2 firing cannon30HE ammo. You have to modifie .sqm

AA.jpg

the tow of the m2a2 wont work on the jeep but the rest will work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 21 2002,20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tank wheels dont turn to steer, so it wouldnt look like a car anyway<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, even if it doesn't look so great, it's still worth thinking about...